PDA

View Full Version : OUR almost PERFECT VACAY! Day 3 Part 1

disneykid@hrt
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
The Cast:

Me- Jackie, 27. Mom, Disney World fanatic. My family used to go down to DW atleast once a year when I was a kid, but stopped when my parents split up in 1998. As an adult I have now been on 3 trips. One in March 2006, with just the BF and me. One in October 2009, my daughter’s first trip! And now this past January.

DH- Big Brandon, 25. Dad, Grump, Maintenance Man. This was his third trip to the World. He keeps saying he’s not going back, but then he’ll say stuff like “Next time we have to…” so he’ll be back.

DD- Brielle, 2. This trip was to celebrate her second birthday! She is my little Princess. She is all girl, all GO, and all attitude. She had a blast.

DSS- Little Brandon, 6 going on 13. This was Brandon’s first trip to DW. Let’s just say he had a hard time adjusting to the Magic. This was the longest he’s ever been away from his mom and he missed her and his Xbox a great deal. He’s a sweet boy and I’m so glad that we were able to share this trip with him.

Day 3- Brie’s Birthday!

My plan was to be at MK at rope drop- so I wanted to be there by 8:30. I was driving myself, so this means be parked, off the monorail, and at the gate by 8:45 at the latest. I wanted Brie to get as much sleep as possible, it was her birthday after all- didn’t want her cranky. I also didn’t want to wake anyone else up because this morning was mommy and Brie special time at MK. I carried her to the car still asleep with the plan of getting her dressed really quickly in the parking lot at the TTC. I wanted her to wear a Snow White dress, but thankfully I packed a spare outfit because the darn thing just seemed so impractical. I say thankfully because for the first time in all her 2 years Ms. Brielle refused to wear the dress. I mean absolutely refused. I had unbuckled her in the car to get her dressed and when I pulled out the dress she took off:bolt:. She got in the driver’s seat as if to say “I’m not wearing it and if you try to make me I’m going to drive off!” :noway: Well after the dress fiasco we were running late. I was disappointed that she wouldn’t wear the dress. (We had the shoes and I even made her a special hair bow!!) But I can’t blame her. It really didn’t look too comfy. We walked through the gates at 9:03. I could actually see the opening ceremony from the monorail as it passed the Main Street train station. Oh well. Next time, my pretty… Next time!!

We stopped in for breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. Grapes, Blueberry Muffin, and a Croissant. It was actually really good. And the grapes were a really good value. They give you a big bowl of them and I popped the leftover ones in a spare Ziploc and saved them for a later snack. Then we walked over to Fantasyland. It was still basically empty and we did ALL of Fantasyland in an hour. (Except Philharmagic because it scared Brie to tears last time and Ariel because by the time I remembered she was there the wait was 35 minutes. Then we headed over to Toontown. I was wondering if Brie could fit on the Barnstormer- which she could. There was maybe a five minute wait, which I’m glad because the ride is VERY short. I said “It’s your first roller coaster!!” But she wasn’t too thrilled. She was more excited about getting off and going to check out Donald’s Boat. It wasn’t very crowded in Toontown so I let Brie go lead the way and told her she was the boss. We walked through Mickey and Minnie’s. Skipped the judges tent. She played on the playground in the middle for awhile and then the train pulled up and she wanted to ride the “Choo-Choo.” We hopped on and rode all the way to Frontierland before Brie was bored with the train and so we got off. I wanted her to see Country Bears but it had a bit of a wait before the next show began and so we hopped over to Adventureland and rode a flying carpet! This was the first time I’d ever been on this. Same basic thing as Dumbo and that Dinosaur one. But it was fun. We didn’t have to wait for that one either. The funny thing is there were twin girls dressed in their little Snow White dresses and Brie said “Cuuuuute!” I’m like Oh really Brie?! Oh well… It reminds me of our trip in October- when my mom saw all of the little Princesses in their dresses she said that the mom’s were “forcing the girls to wear those uncomfortable dresses in this God awful heat!!” Haha. And then there I had been a few hours earlier, chasing my 2 year old around the car with a Snow White dress.

Then we went to see the Country Bears Live. What a weird show. Is it just me or is the ending confusing? In the finale, all of the curtains open and they’re all singing different songs. I looked around when it happened like “is this supposed to be happening??” But oh well. Brie liked it. She was doing her little moves to the music. After I survived that one, the Brandons were calling saying they were there. So we met up and went on Haunted Mansion and then Small World. This was Big Brandon’s first time on Small World. He usually refuses to do it, but decided he could sacrifice his dignity for Brielle’s birthday. LOL. He said it wasn’t as bad as he had imagined. GOOD!! The boys then went for the Tomorrowland Speedway and us girls shopped! I went back over to the Pooh store and bought Brie the Mickey and Friends bath toys, some Pooh suckers, and a Pooh cup. (She loves Pooh bear. She already had thrown a fit to receive a Pooh plush on day 1. Daddy’s a sucker.) So I get a call from Big Brandon and “where are you? I thought you were taking our picture in the car?!” After informing him of the dangers of talking on a cell phone while driving… I hightailed it over to the Speedway just in time to snap a photo of them rounding the final bend by the Tea Cups. Boy I got lucky, I don’t know if I could’ve lived that one down. LOL. The boys then went and rode Space Mountain. I mean the New and Improved Space Mountain! But because there was hardly a wait, they didn’t get to partake in the new and improved areas of the queue. Brie and I rode the TTA. I love the TTA! Sit back, kick my feet up… why does it always break down by Space Mountain? So then we met back up with the Brandon’s who loved Space. Of course Little Brandon wanted to ride it again and so I went with him this time while Daddy and Brie rode Buzz for the first time. The second side was opening up right as Brandon and I got into the loading area and so we had no wait!! I was in the last car and I swear I caught more air on there than ToT. It was fun!

Continued in Second Post Day 3 Part 2

faline
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Sounds like Brie is going to be an idependent minded child! Even without the Snow White dress, you clearly had some wonderful mommy/daughter time! Good start to a special day!

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
It sounds like Brie just wanted to throw her mom a curveball this morning . . . :thedolls: but that's her job, right? Especially with it being her 2nd birthday! What a great idea to let the guys sleep in & you take her for some special mommy-daughter time. Very cool!

I am with you on Country Bears - we saw it again two years ago after a really long hiatus, and decided we needed to take another long break before we see it again!

Glad you enjoyed your trip on Space Mountain - it was closed last summer when we were in attendance, so we're all really looking forward to it this time around.

Looking forward to Part 2! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
We really dislike the Country Bears. Freaky. Oh! No dress wearing for your DD! Sounds like you rolled with it though.

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: