PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to the Contemporary

bigdonms51
01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello-

I have quick question that I’m sure someone can help me with. My family and I are going to WDW in March and for one of the days, we are planning to go to the Magic Kingdom with dinner at Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary. I see that we can get from the Kingdom to the Contemporary via the monorail or by boat. I’d like to know which would be the fastest, most direct mode, as I’d prefer to make the fewest stops as possible.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
The CR is the first monorail stop after leaving the MK.

However, if there is a huge line to board the monorail, you can walk to the CR via the walkway and be to the Chef Mickey podium in less than 15 minutes . . . that's the way we usually do it. :mickey:

readytogo2
01-25-2010, 04:30 PM
we ve made the walk many times quicker than monorail IMHO

bigdonms51
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that we could walk there, which may be the best option.

javamama
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Kids love the monorail, if the line is huge walk it's quick and easy. The boat takes a long time!

joelkfla
01-27-2010, 12:07 AM
There is no boat from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary. The Contemporary only has boat service to Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

If walking, keep to the left and use the sidewalk. Please do not cut thru the bus area. Thanks.

mdhiggin
01-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Yes, I agree. Quickest way is to walk. Our last trip the monorail was really busy, and I don't know, but it may be because Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower are both using the same service.