PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld/Aquatic and Universal

liz12303
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
We are planning a short trip in April to FL. I have 2 6year old boys.
I was thinking of doing Seaworld and Aquatic over two days and then Universal and Islands over 1 1/2 days. We are going to try to stay off site this time..(last time we stayed on disney and loved it).

I was wondering if this seems like enough time? and will it be interesting for 2 6yr olds?
I have never been to Universal so I am not sure what to expect. They they do love their super heros!!!
Thank you for any information and insight!!!

NJGIRL
01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
IMO if you are doing the Studios & IOA you need one day apiece for them to see and do the majority of attractions. Even with that you won't be able to do everything in both parks. If you will be skipping alot of the bigger attractions because your boys are too young for them then 1 1/2 days will be plenty.

When my son was the age of your boys (and even still now) he loved Curious George Water Park (Studios) & Jurassic Park Play/Water Area (IOA). We would let him spend at least an hour at each of them and that still wasn't enough for him. I suggest that they wear their bathing suits and a tee shirt on the days you go to Universal. Bring their water shoes so their sneakers or sandels don't get soaked. We always buy a towel at the parks but they are costly so you might want to bring towels for them also. They will get soaked!

Other great rides for them will be:

Seusse Landing-IOA- that whole area is geared toward younger kids.

ET- Studios- very cute

MIB- Studios- just like Buzz at the MK

Shrek- Studios- 4D

Jimmy Neutron- Studios- fun ride

Popeye -IOA- cute play ship

Depending how they are on rides you also have Spiderman, the Simpsons, Jaws, Disaster, Terminator,Storm Spin, and a few water rides.

They also have a few shows that are cool.