PDA

View Full Version : AAA discounts

jwildflower1981
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
If I have AAA what kind of discounts would I get on my Disney trip? Can I use any of their discounts with Disney's discount.....say the 35% off one they have going on right now?

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Nope, you will only be allotted one discount type per reservation.

Currently we're booked under AAA room-only through MJ. Per night for WL Standard View, we're paying $229.50 / night, tax included. The rack rate on this room for the dates of our stay is $270 / night with tax.

Last year, the "Buy 4, Get 3 Free" saved us some $$$ over the AAA discount, so we went for it even though we had to buy tickets we didn't need. We'll use those as credit towards our A/Ps for this trip.

I should also add that MJ always books us under the AAA room-only rate initially, and then when/if something more appealing is released, they change the booking to reflect the better deal. We're eligible for AAA, A/P and Disney Visa discounts, so it's all a matter of which comes in at a better price.

Strmchsr
01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
No, unfortunately, Disney never lets you stack discounts. The AAA discount is usually pretty decent during the busy times that WDW generally does not offer a public discount, but more times than not the Disney discount is better than AAA.

I would suggest booking with Magical Journeys and letting them help you figured out which discount is best. They can book the AAA room only discount for you (though not the package), but they can help you know which is the best offer for the time you're going.

MidnTPK
01-25-2010, 04:10 PM
The above posters are correct that you can't double up on the discounts. But you can have a AAA agent book any of the discounts available that a Disney focused agent would handle, including PIN offers.

Why do this instead of a Disney focused travel agent? For the other perks. Most importantly, getting a AAA Diamond Parking pass, which lets you park in reserved lanes closer to the park entrances than the general public. See this discussion. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162377)

There's a few other coupons you get through AAA, mostly at DTD.

The downsides to using a AAA agent is lack of Disney knowledge and they won't make dining reservations. Otherwise, from a financial perspective, it doesn't matter what type of agent you use.

Urbss
01-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Since you are obviously a AAA member, I’d like to put in my 2 cents about using AAA to book your vacation.

For the past 2 years we have had Kate from the AAA office in York, PA book our trips. This past year I got a quote from both AAA and MJ and they were the exact same price down to the penny. The only difference would be any other “benefits” that would be offered by either company. I’m glad I stuck with AAA and will be calling Kate soon to book our next trip.

Kate kept us up to date and made sure we got the best deal that was being offered (even after the original reservations were made). She took care of any dining reservations we wanted. She always answered questions promptly and was very helpful and pleasant (even when I was a pain at times). And, she has a good knowledge of Disney type things.

But, what I really liked was a couple amenities that AAA gave us. AAA provided a parking pass that allows you to park in the AAA spaces that are near the entrance to the theme parks. They also gave us a voucher for a free 5x7 Photopass print.

But the COOLEST thing is the free "Story Time" session you get if you book through AAA. In 2008 it was the Fairy Godmother and in 2009 we had Snow White read a story to the kids. Then they signed autographs and talked with all of the children. Very cool.