PDA

View Full Version : Florida Keys???

Scott C
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Just want to relax -- looking at staying mid keys -- with day trips in each dirction

Any advise???

Thanks
Scott C

TysMomTink
01-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi. I live in Islamorada which is really one of the best spots in the Keys. I'd be happy to offer any advice I have. Are you interested in fishing? diving? Anything specific? What time of year are you interested in coming down?

Scott C
01-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Islamorada -- have not been there in a while. I grew up in Homestead in the early '70's. Not really into diving and stuff. We used to go the state park in Key Largo and swim and such. Basically looking for a nice quiet place to stay and some decent preferably local restaurants. Looking at mid September.

Thanks
Scott C

DigitalDaredevil
01-29-2010, 05:10 AM
I spent a few days in Key West and generally was not as relaxed as other places I have visited. I did enjoy jet skiing in the ocean. There were some really good places to eat too. The general atmosphere is easy going, but I did not care for the lack of undeveloped space. Every inch of that place is developed.
It probably didn't help that I am not a bar person and didn't really get into that part of it.

RAIDER
02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi. I live in Islamorada which is really one of the best spots in the Keys. I'd be happy to offer any advice I have. Are you interested in fishing? diving? Anything specific? What time of year are you interested in coming down?

Another vote for Islamorada ,stayed there a couple of times and found it very relaxing ,we took a boat out and loved it :marg:

murphy1
02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Totally agree on Islamorada!!

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2010, 01:19 PM
You can't go wrong with either Islamorada or Marathon Key. Lots of great restaurants and beaches (which shouldn't be too busy in September). Make sure and have some conch chowder while you are there. :tasty: