PDA

View Full Version : Southwest boarding passes -at Poly?

minnie-mouse
01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I heard something about how you can get your boarding pass for your resturn southwest flight at your resort? Does the Poly do this and how does this work?

DizneyRox
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Front desk, just get there with your reservation numbers and they can retrieve them. We've done this at the parks as well. Guest Relations can help there.

Actually, you can even check in with your phone (if you have Internet access). No need to print the passes, you can just reprint them at the airport. So, if you're in the middle of something else, either you can do it, or have someone at home do it, etc, just get the prints at the airport.

minnie-mouse
01-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks DisneyRox! You mean my hubby can do it from his blackberry and then print at airport when we arrive there? Where do you print at airport, do they do it at the checkin counter?

faline
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
With internet access, you can, indeed, get your boarding pass via your cell phone. I don't know exactly where they print them once you arrive at the airport. We've checked in curbside and have been asked if we have our boarding passes yet so it was clear they were willing to print them there.

Guest Services at any of the parks as well as the concierge desks at any of the resorts are willing to print your boarding passes for you. All you need do is be within your 24 hour time frame and have your flight confirmation number.

DizneyRox
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Yep, at the check-in counter...

I'm prety sure it can be done on a blackberry. The initial check will just assign the appropriate number. Once you do that, the number doesn't change, so you can reprint it at the airport and you're golden.

vicster
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Haven't heard yet if all the resorts are doing boarding passes for Southwest???

DizneyRox
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Haven't heard yet if all the resorts are doing boarding passes for Southwest???
Boarding passes are different than participating with ME. Anyone can do boarding passes... ME luggage check-in is POP only currently.

ThanxForNoticin
01-25-2010, 04:16 PM
If you do use your Blackberry to check-in, you then can print your boarding passes when you check your luggage at the airport. Southwest has kiosks at the airport where you check your luggage and can print your boarding passes. Just make sure you have your confirmation number with you - you'll need it to check-in online and at the airport.

If you are at any of the Disney resorts near the 24-hour mark for your flight, you can ask them to help you with your check-in, as well. We've never been turned down by someone at the resorts (even if it wasn't where we were staying).

A third option is to pay $10 extra for the SW Early-Bird option. What that does is Southwest will automatically check you in 36 hours before your flight (you don't need to do anything) - then you check in at the airport and print your passes (just like you would if you checked in via your Blackberry).

Have a nice trip!

minnie-mouse
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks so much to everyone! I can't tell you how great it is to get information like this so easily from people who have experieneced these things before. It is truly invaluable.Thanks again!

alliekat
01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Juat wanted to add that we have also done this several times at the parks and never had a problem. We start hovering near Guest Relations near the 24 hour before time frame. We approach a cast member, we wait off to the side and then when the time comes we go right up to the window and get the passes. we have always gotten group A. I am going to go with the early bird check in option for our next trip. I am going to add it to my reservation in a few minutes actually. Have A Great Trip and flight!

vicster
01-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I am going to go with the early bird check in option for our next trip. I am going to add it to my reservation in a few minutes actually.

I think I'm going to do that on our next trip. Can you do that on the return trip only or do you have to do it round trip?

PetefromRI
01-27-2010, 09:00 AM
You can do the early bird one way if you wish I think.We book our trips each way on separate reservations incase the price drops one way we just switch it.With a roundtrip sometimes one way goes down and the otherway goes up so it's a bust.

Genie1953
01-27-2010, 09:27 PM
You can do the early bird one way if you wish I think.We book our trips each way on separate reservations incase the price drops one way we just switch it.With a roundtrip sometimes one way goes down and the otherway goes up so it's a bust.

I don't know about anyone else but we booked round-trip tickets and were able to make price adjustments to our trip back without affecting the price of the trip down. We have made 3 price adjustments. The first one affected our trip down and saved us $140. The next one affected our trip back and saved us an additional $82. The last change again affected the return trip and saved us an additional $80. Even though the cost of our trip down had gone back up by $73 making the changes to the return trip did not affect the prices.

On another note...I do have to say that for some reason I was not able to make the changes online....I kept getting a message that I had to call Southwest to make changes. When I called I did ask if making a change to the price going one way would affect the price going the other way and was assured that it would not. However, when I got my confirmation email it had indeed affected the cost of the trip going down but I called them right back and they fixed it. If there are any more price adjustments I will definitely confirm with them before I get off the phone to make sure the reservations are as they should be. I think I have seen someone else post here on Intercot that they have done the same and made changes to round trip ticket prices going one way without affecting price on the other end.

alliekat
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
I added the early bird check in and I am really glad I did. You can do it just one way, it gives you the option when you get to the page. You put in your confirmation number and the it gives you options for which way you want to add the early bird too. I am so excited that I won't have to be waiting in front of my screen 24 hours before my flight and even more important that getting the boarding passes won't interfere with my precious last day of WDW fun on my next trip!

Genie1953
01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I added the early bird check in and I am really glad I did. You can do it just one way, it gives you the option when you get to the page. You put in your confirmation number and the it gives you options for which way you want to add the early bird too. I am so excited that I won't have to be waiting in front of my screen 24 hours before my flight and even more important that getting the boarding passes won't interfere with my precious last day of WDW fun on my next trip!

We did the early bird checkin going both ways....flying down and flying back.

DizneyRox
01-28-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't know about anyone else but we booked round-trip tickets and were able to make price adjustments to our trip back without affecting the price of the trip down.
One way transactions allow you to use DINGs as well. With a round trip, if both trips don't have a ding available, you may be out of luck.

You can't (or couldn't) apply a ding fare to an existing reservation. You need to cancel the first, then rebook using the ding (using the credit from the cancelled trip). With a round trip, cancelling one way would also cancel the other, so if the ding isn't a two way ding, you're probably out of luck (or paying more for the non-dinged trip.

Like you said though, as long as it's just a lower fare, you can easily change only one leg of the trip.