PDA

View Full Version : OUR almost PERFECT VACAY!- Day 2

disneykid@hrt
01-25-2010, 12:22 AM
The Cast
Me- Jackie, 27. Mom, Disney World fanatic. My family used to go down to DW atleast once a year when I was a kid, but stopped when my parents split up in 1998. As an adult I have now been on 3 trips. One in March 2006, with just the BF and me. One in October 2009, my daughter’s first trip! And now this past January.

DH- Big Brandon, 25. Dad, Grump, Maintenance Man. This was his third trip to the World. He keeps saying he’s not going back, but then he’ll say stuff like “Next time we have to…” so he’ll be back.

DD- Brielle, 2. This trip was to celebrate her second birthday! She is my little Princess. She is all girl, all GO, and all attitude. She had a blast.

DSS- Little Brandon, 6 going on 13. This was Brandon’s first trip to DW. Let’s just say he had a hard time adjusting to the Magic. This was the longest he’s ever been away from his mom and he missed her and his Xbox a great deal. He’s a sweet boy and I’m so glad that we were able to share this trip with him.

Day 2
I woke up early- as would be the usual on this trip. I went down to see what goodies the gift shop had in store for me. I was not very impressed. I usually like to get a T-shirt with the year on it and the 2010 gear was not so cool. Maybe because it was the second week of 2010? :confused: I’ll have to find a way to get back down there this year to get one…

So all I found that day was a pair of Animal Kingdom binoculars- which was appropriate because I got the kids up and dressed and we headed to AK! Dad stayed in the room to sleep in. (Normally I would call that “lucky” but in Disney I call it “wasteful.” You can sleep when your dead.) We first headed over to the safari. We waited for about 20 minutes. It seemed like forever, as I had to hold Brie because she wanted to run off every time I put her down. We saw giraffes and elephants and a whole lotta crocodiles! It’s funny because we were teasing Little Brandon the night before that the Sassagoula River that runs around POR was infested with gators!!

We wandered the trails after KS and the kids said they were hungry so we sat down and had the lunch that I packed for them. (PB&J & Oranges) Dad said he was up and on his way and we headed over to the tree of life to see It’s Tough to be a Bug. This was the first time I have ever seen this- I’m scared to death of spiders and ever since I read that Black Widows fall from the ceiling, I’ve been scared to see this. But I sucked it up for the step son. I figured little boys like bugs. We were in the first row which I think made things better because we really couldn’t see too much. Little Brandon was scared, but not too bad. Bugs aren’t scary to Brie yet, plus she never keeps the 3D glasses on long enough to see the actual 3D effects. :cool:

After allowing the slugs to exit first (Yuck! LOL) we met Dad at the entrance to Dinoland and headed on in. We’ve never spent much time in Dinoland before. The whole carnival theme seems cheesy and way to commonplace for Disney. I have however experienced Dinosaur before and lived to tell the tale!! No really I am SCARED to DEATH of that ride. I literally am brought to tears. So “sure, honey, I’ll sit this one out since Brie can’t ride…” We dropped them off at the gates of Hades (Dinosaur) and when we rounded the corner we saw none other than GOOFY! So we got in line after about half dozen other families. Brielle was seriously geeking! I had her on my shoulders and she was bouncing up and down chanting “GOOPY! GOOPY! GOOPY!” :goofy: I’m seriously glad she had a diaper on. Haha. When it was our turn she runs over and hugs him- completely bypassing Pluto, poor guy. I hope he didn’t take it personally. So my Brie and her Goopy were like old pals. Goofy sat down on the ground Indian style and had Brie get in his lap where they proceeded to rock for a good minute or two. It was truly Magical. The woman behind me was even moved to tears. She’s said “That’s not even MY kid and I’M crying.” So you can imagine what Mom was like. So after our AWESOME Goopy moment :D we walked over to the Primeval Whirl where we saw that the Brandons were on their last little whirl. We walked over to Everest to see how long the wait was: an hour. Decided we’d try again another day.

I had ADR’s for Trex for the Saturday before we were to leave, but we decided to head over to DTD to see if they could seat us. They had no wait- actually they were basically empty. Cool place. The animatronics are way better there than at Rainforest- I mean if you’re into animatronics or something. The food was decent. Big Brandon got a steak- which he loved. I got the chicken which I liked. The kids got light-up glasses to drink from, so they were thrilled. I’d go there again, but something about the place seemed “hollow” or maybe generic. I don’t really know how to describe it…

We walked over to the Lego store and let Brie play on the playground while the Brandons went and got a Lego set. (This turned out to be a mistake!! The pieces were everywhere by the end of the trip. I picked one out of my suitcase this morning even!!)

We headed back to the room after this. Brie fell asleep of course. Then rallied and went to see what was going on at Epcot! We went over to the Innoventions building that’s closer to the Seas (can’t remember East or West?) and the Brandons made a videogame. This is so appropriate because they are both gamer nerds. Brie and I went to make firefighter postcards that turned out so funny. I sent one to my mother and to myself- but neither of us got them. I was really excited to see them too. L We then walked over to Mexico find that silly Donald. I know people hate this ride, but my 2 year old loves it. I then stopped to get a Margarita!! :marg: I got the fiesta one that is a sampling of all of the flavors. It was very yummy- but I couldn’t finish the whole thing because it was so cold! Shoulda thought of that before I got it. Then we hopped on Maelstrom in Norway. Then we walked through Mouse Gears- my fave store in all of Disney- and went back to the hotel.

So I was making sure I had everything in order so that I was ready for Brie’s birthday the next day and I wanted to charge the camera. So I’m looking… I’m looking… Where’s the camera charger? :confused: Wait where is the box that had all of the chargers in it? (Laptop cords, video camera charger, portable DVD player cords, phone chargers, etc) I had all of the cords/chargers in Ziploc bags, in a shoebox. Oh No!! I hope Mousekeeping didn’t think it was trash and throw it away! So I’m freaking out! I call Mousekeeping and explain my situation. She sounds like she seriously feels as bad as I do. Then I say, “well looks like I’m going to have to buy a new camera.” She says I should just order a new charger. I say “oh no. Tomorrow is my daughter’s birthday and it is the day I’m going to need a camera most- I can’t wait for an order.” She then tells me that they will at the very least lend me a camera for my trip, if not give me one. I start bawling. “Seriously? You would do that?” Would they do that?? Well thankfully I didn’t have to find out because about 2 minutes after I hung up with her, we found the box behind the curtains. :secret: But seriously, that is awesome. It made me feel like No Matter What, Disney is going to make sure my family and I have an amazing time! Priceless. Lack of sleep was getting to me and tomorrow was the big Birthday, so I hit the hay and had no trouble falling asleep :cloud9:

Fairy Grandmother
01-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Sounds like a great day. Glad you found that box!

SBETigg
01-25-2010, 08:17 AM
"Goopy!" So cute. Wow, what a relief to find all the chargers.

sgdisney
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Love your reports so far. Look forward to reading more!

yjgirl32
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Very nice report- thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Great time today - except for that cold weather again! The interaction with Goopy is truly priceless - what a magical memory. In fact, you had several today. However, I'm with you - I am not a spider/bug person & could just plain skip ITTBAB each trip! :D However, I dig Dinosaur . . .

You guys have been keeping moving, that's for sure! Day 2 & you've already visited all of the parks once (at least you & Little Brandon) - that's quite a feat.

I can just imagine the panic that ensued when the chargers appeared "lost". What a special gesture that Disney offered to loan you a camera. Cool stuff indeed!

Looking forward to Brie's special birthday report - thanks for sharing another great day! :mickey:

faline
01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Whew! I'm so glad you found the box with the chargers! At least, Disney helped you formulate a back-up plan!

Great day! I really enjoyed reading about your daughter's visit with Goofy! What a special memory!

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Thats the worst feeling,..when you're frantically looking around for something like that..how amazing they were going to lend you a camera!

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: