PDA

View Full Version : DL in March or Oct?

Mrs Bus Driver
01-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi all
It has been a couple of years since I've gone to DL and this year I can't afford WDW. So I've been toying with the idea of taking a trip. When would you go March or Oct? :mickey:

NotaGeek
01-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi all
It has been a couple of years since I've gone to DL and this year I can't afford WDW. So I've been toying with the idea of taking a trip. When would you go March or Oct? :mickey:
March is kind of busy thanks to Spring Break, but there aren't a lot of closures ... October is off very Halloween and the parks are doing a great job with decorations, and the party at DCA is a fun thing to try ... but the weather in October can be chilly ... the 1st week of October is Gay Days -- so you have a mix of crowds and weather ... either time has a chance of heavy crowds, but for my money I would do October.

I LoveJack
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
We have been there the middle of March and it wasn't to bad. Going back this year:party: My birthday is March 18th. Most of the local schools are not out till April so that helps. Plus you can get buy 3 get 2 free right now on packages so might be cheaper.
Of course if you wait until Oct. the rides that are down right now will be up and running plus you can do the Halloween party at DCA.

Disney4us2
01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Both time of the year are nice. In March, the trees in the hub are all turning pink and they have all the spring flowers out. It can be nice during the day, but chilly at night.

In Oct., there is the giant pumpkin at the train end of Main Street and all the Halloween decorations. All the attraction overlays are up and running. I love love, Haunted Mansion Holiday, DD loved Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. DCA has Candy Corn Acres (hopefully).
All the flowers are in the fall colors. It can still be warm during the day, but chilly at night. Although for one trick or treat party I was in a t-shirt, no jacket. It was very warm.

I would choose Oct, because of all the Halloween decorations, and hopefully a return of Halloween Screams fireworks.