PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Center

Disney4us2
01-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I was wondering if there are tours to Kennedy Space Center that will pick up at the on-site WDW hotels? I didn't really want to rent a car.

For those who have been there is it worth it?

2Epcot
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't know about tours from WDW, though it seems like there should be. I've been there twice during some of my longer trips to WDW. I say it is definitely worth it if you have any interest in the space program or science at all. It is educational and entertaining.

NJGIRL
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
We liked the Space Center. We spent the whole day there but it was going from the cruise ship to WDW so it was on the way. They had alot to do there. We were there at the opening until about 4:00 and still did not do everything. I think it is worth the trip at least once.

KylesMom
01-24-2010, 08:19 PM
We went to Kennedy SC back in 2006 - when DS was 8. It was well worth it to us. We arrived first thing in the morning, picked up our tour tickets, and away we went. We actually could have spent another full day there, but it wasn't in our schedule. I think the day cost us about $200 between general admission and the full tour.

It was 60-some miles from Wilderness Lodge to KSC - but it was an easy, direct drive which took us about an hour. I am not aware of any tours that will pick you up. Not that they aren't out there, but you may have to go off of Disney property to procure arrangements to KSC. Definitely worth it, though!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2010, 08:51 PM
We loved Kennedy Space Center :thumbsup: We only planned on spending 1/2 day there, but ended up closing the place (quite literaly, they were sweeping us out) and still didn't see everything.

I think you would have to rent a car, but there are rental locations right on Disney property, so it won't be too difficult.

Enjoy!

Disney4us2
01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
We loved Kennedy Space Center :thumbsup: We only planned on spending 1/2 day there, but ended up closing the place (quite literaly, they were sweeping us out) and still didn't see everything.

I think you would have to rent a car, but there are rental locations right on Disney property, so it won't be too difficult.

Enjoy!

Is it a long drive? Hard to find it kind of drive? It might be kind of fun to explore more of Florida. Are there any toll roads on the way? How much is toll? Do rentals have the GPS? Thanks

P.S. Not ready to book, just getting all the ground work planning done :D

Melanie
01-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Don't forget the Astronaut Hall of Fame located on SR 405 on the way to Kennedy Space Center. Admission is included with your Kennedy Space Center ticket.

We enjoyed this as much as anything. :thumbsup:

forever a child
02-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Great question. We have been wanting to make the trip too. I looks great!