PDA

View Full Version : Championship - the good, the bad the NFL

gueli
01-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Congrats to the Colts.

Your offense picked apart the Jets vaunted D. The Jets gave you fits in the 1st half, but you solved them in the second half. Peyton Manning is a great QB, surrounded by great players. The Colts Defense has risen to the challenge, and played great, for the whole game. One does wonder where their run defense is in the regular season, but in the playoffs it has been fantastic.
My hats off to the deserving AFC Champions.

The Jets- Thank you for giving us hope. You have shown that you can be a great team. I hope this playoff experience can propell you to great things in the years to come. But your season is now over. We have only next season to think about now. All that you have done, has gotten you this far. Now we need to figure out what we need to get past this point. Congrats on a good season. My hats off to an excellent job by our head coach, rex ryan.
better luck next year.
Jets jets jets :number1:

:mickey:

gueli
01-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Congrats to the saints...

For New Orleans, the players, the coaches, the fans, and the city - congrats. You played a very good team today and came out on top. Be grateful for all the turnovers that your team made, because it is how you won. Somehow you got there...and you did enough to win

The Vikings...in my opinion you had the better defense today, except in 1 very important department -turnovers. Your team controlled the ball, on both sides. The saints offense was almost non-existant in the second half - but yet, you lost. You have got to learn to hold onto the rock, because you could have won this game. Hats off to a very resilant team.

Colts Vs. Saints

see you in 2 weeks
:mickey:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-25-2010, 08:59 AM
The Saint's game was amazing. They put a serious hurt on the Vikes yesterday. I think the final kick would have been good if the uprights were 2 feet apart...

indytraveler
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Colts win!

The Good: Besides an AFC championship, how about the running game? Out rushing the Jets. Peyton picking apart the Jets in the second half

The Bad: Offensive start to the game. QB sneak on 3rd and goal?

The Ugly: giving up big plays in the first half for 17 pts. Had some worries that this was one of those Patriot games.

The Colts defense only was shredded one time this year and that was by Miami in week 2 (wildcat). Played Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Baltimore twice. That's Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice. Not a 100 yd rusher among them. So the defense has been around all year.

One does wonder where their run defense is in the regular season, but in the playoffs it has been fantastic.

Did you mean rushing offense?

Now the rushing offense has been weak. They don't count the big yards around here. It's all about the ave. Need around 4 yds a carry to be extremely successful, like yesterday. Play action becomes a weapon.

Hats off to the Jets. For 1 half they made all the plays and did everything right in frustrating the Colts. It was looking like a "you shoulda knocked them out of the playoffs, when you had a chance" type of day. Congrats on a good season.

gueli
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Colts win!
The Good: Besides an AFC championship, how about the running game? Out rushing the Jets. Peyton picking apart the Jets in the second half
The Bad: Offensive start to the game. QB sneak on 3rd and goal?
The Ugly: giving up big plays in the first half for 17 pts. Had some worries that this was one of those Patriot games.
The Colts defense only was shredded one time this year and that was by Miami in week 2 (wildcat). Played Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Baltimore twice. That's Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice. Not a 100 yd rusher among them. So the defense has been around all year.
Did you mean rushing offense?
Now the rushing offense has been weak. They don't count the big yards around here. It's all about the ave. Need around 4 yds a carry to be extremely successful, like yesterday. Play action becomes a weapon.
Hats off to the Jets. For 1 half they made all the plays and did everything right in frustrating the Colts. It was looking like a "you shoulda knocked them out of the playoffs, when you had a chance" type of day. Congrats on a good season.

To start, thank you. The Jets had a good season, but it is over now.
Yes, I admit I was not aware of all the Defense against the rush- I remembered the Miami game & guess I put their D in step with what they had done the previous years. Very impressive defense.

As far as their rushing offense - I always thought that with addai, they had great potential. The colts run when you expect a manning TD pass (close to the goal line), but they do not stick with the run - game in and game out- for their run offense to be considered a threat, but that is a calculated ploy on their coaching staff - they have a very good runner, who can be turned loose when they need it.
As long as they have Manning...their run game will be second fiddle. By the way, excellentr recievers- made tough catches all day.

Great Job Colts
:thumbsup: