PDA

View Full Version : Older Adults Discount?

AlvyOT08
01-24-2010, 02:49 PM
hello everyone,
so I've planned a big disney vacation for me, myboyfriend, mom, brother and grandmother. i used my disney visa and got the hotel discount. My boyfriend and I were then talking and he asked him Disney charged a reduced rate for senior citizens. I didn't think so, so I talked to my travel agent and she confirmed that no they don't. I was just wondering if Disney ever had reduced rates for senior citizens and wondering why they don't. My grandmother is 89 and yes she will go on some of the rides, but not like a younger person will. Just a thought.

niki:mickey:

faline
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Disney does not offer age related discounts. No idea why but it might have something to do with the large population of retired folks in Florida.

TheRustyScupper
01-24-2010, 04:58 PM
1) There are no discounts for older folks.
2) Older folks can still ride most/all the rides.
3) So, they take up ride capacity.
4) This is also why kids over-9 pay full cost.

NOTE: Before he died at 87, my 85 year old father rode everything except Space Mountain and RnRC. He easily, and delightfully, braved Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror, let alone Dumbo and Carousel of Progress ! Frankly, it was one heck of an experience to take him to WDW with the entire extended family ! A really great memory for us !!!!!!!!