PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-In?

SandmanGStefani24
01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
has anyone used it yet? does it really make things faster and easier? any opinions or thoughts?

LVT
01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Pop in May. The other lines looked long but the
on-line clerks were empty. Less than 5 min.
They have to already have the credit card data.
It gets your choices done ahead and they have the
folders ready.
It is not good if you want to wrangle over room locations.

Strmchsr
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Used it twice, and, no I don't really think it speeds things up all that much other than them not having to enter my credit card info.

g8rgirl29
01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I did this for our arrival at POP on the 13th of Jan. We arrived around 12:30a as our flight didnt get in til 11:30p. The line was closed down for online check-in so I still had to wait in line quite a while and it didn't seem to speed anything up for a late night arrival. I think it would be better if you were arriving at normal hours though!!

caryrae
01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Didn't make a difference to us because at both Resorts on our split stay 4 months ago the check-in at the 1st Resort had only one other family checking in and at the second Resorts we were the only ones checking in. It was a little faster because they just grab the folder with everything in it including the celebration buttons.

magicofdisney
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I've done it a couple of times. Once it was speedy. They asked me my name and handed me a folder. The next time it took just as long as the regular line. I'm going to try it again next week. The way I see it, it's hit or miss but it doesn't hurt to attempt it each time.

DisneyFr33k
01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Used it last October for POP. It would have been fast had it not been for the couple ahead of us. :mad: They took over 10 minutes asking questions about non-check in things. My DH and I commented that there should be a separate line/area for general questions so those of us that want to check in and go can!

clausjo
01-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I used it yesterday for my trip next week. The online system was simple to use. I hope it makes things faster. I'll try to remember to post an update after we've checked in.

BMan62
01-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Used it last October for POP. It would have been fast had it not been for the couple ahead of us. :mad: They took over 10 minutes asking questions about non-check in things. My DH and I commented that there should be a separate line/area for general questions so those of us that want to check in and go can!

Had the exact same situation at Pop in September.....

Strmchsr
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Had the exact same situation at Pop in September.....

:ditto: a couple of weeks ago. That's why I said it didn't seem any faster. Actually picking up the packet is super fast but when people get in the online check-in line and want to talk and ask questions it slows it down. In fact, the "normal" line went MUCH faster than the online line.

wdwnomad
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I have used it twice and so far I think it speed things up. Check-in at CSR in August was less than 5 minutes. They even had our birthday button with our package. In December at Music it took a little longer but the regular check-in line was even longer. The people in front of us were taking forever at the desk. Luckily, the front desk manager noticed and came over and took our name and sent us over to the concierge desk. He brought our packet over and had a CM there check us in.

blondeinbrandon
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I think they should advise people who have been to Disney a lot to use the online check in. If you'll have tons of questions use the regular check in.
I've used it three times and twice they have had to switch out my room (had to have ground floor and sometimes they ignore that request). It didn't take any longer than regular check in. The line is almost always short to none! :thumbsup: