PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Can You Stand Another Mini Trip Report Part 2

Beach Club Babe
01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Cast:

Me (Heather)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#4 (Hallie, 9 months)
DF (Rose)

Day 3

Well, we all had a great nights sleep and took our own sweet time getting up this morning. Eventually, we made it up and down to the food court for some breakfast. Today was marathon day, so cheers were erupting every few minutes as the participants arrived back and crossed through the balloon arch that was set up to welcome them back. Many of them were also in the food court being congratulated by other diners as well. I joked to Courtney that she should do this next year, but she was having no part of it. She put it back on me that perhaps since we will be returning next year at the same time, that it should be me who does it. We all had a great laugh at that one.

Full from breakfast, Rose, Hallie and I took some time to browse the gift shop, while Courtney went back to the room to gather the rest of her belongings and put them in the car. With that accomplished we met back by the bus stop and decided to head to Magic Kingdom to grab that ride on the monorail that we always seem to take when not going into a park. We boarded the express but not before a fond look back to the year 2001 when both our families had taken a vacation to WDW. We were staying at the Beach Club and were at the bus stop of the resort when Theresa, Rose's DD forgot her autograph book on way to a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Both DH's and Theresa who was 11 at the time returned to the room to collect it, while the rest of us made our way over to breakfast. They said they would be right behind us. Ron was sure he could navigate them to the correct destination. He did, but with one slight hitch. After they got off the bus at MK, instead of heading straight to the monorail, the men decided it was necessary to enter the gates of MK in order to do so. The 11 year old told them no, but they wouldn't listen. They realized their mistake almost immediately. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but we had not planned on using a park ticket this day, only a waterpark ticket. Of course, I had to go back and have the problem corrected as to not upset the rest of the plans for the trip. We always chuckle at this memory! We hopped on the express and then hopped over to the Epcot line and made our way there. It was neat to see the grandstand set up on the outside for marathoners and on the inside, there were still runners making there way through the park. Very fun to see!

After disembarking, we hopped the French Quarter bus en route to a Downtown Disney bus. At this resort, we had another good chuckle, since we all stayed together here in 2006, and there are always funny memories wherever we go together! Finally, another bus arrived and people must have thought us nuts because we were crying from laughing so hard at all our adventures or misadventures we've had here over the years.

Once at DTD, Courtney went in search of a scarf she had seen here a month ago, but not one to be found. I guess with the cold weather they had sold out. She settled instead for her second choice of scarves that was more a decorative one. Rose was on a mission to find another pair of earrings that Theresa had bought on our summer trip, and loved but recently lost one of them. I was certain she would have no luck as they were purchased in WS in Epcot and I was right. Shockingly, Courtney's was the only purchase made on this trip to DTD.

We boarded a bus back to All Star Sports and then began our journey to Melbourne to drop Courtney off once again. Her roommate had already returned, so she had dinner plans with her and another friend. So we did not stay long. Rose was in the mood for a hoagie, so courtney recommended a deli nearby, so we went there for dinner. It was very good.

Back to our room we went, but were now feeling in the mood for a little dessert. Neither of us wanted to make the trek to the food court, so we called the pizza delivery number and I ordered some chocolate cake, while Rose had a key lime tart, and we split a 2 liter of diet coke. We then packed up as we needed to check out the next day. Then we discussed our options for the next day, before beginning our drive. Rose really wanted to try and find those earrings for Theresa and also was really in the mood for a park, but I would still have to start that dreaded drive today. We left it to see how we felt in the morning. Would it be a visit to Epcot, or would we really make it through this trip without entering a park?

Stay Tuned for part 3

faline
01-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm guessing it was Epcot in the morning! Isn't is lovely to have all those wonderful Disney memories - even the ones thats seemed to be such a problem at the time!

DisneyorBust
01-25-2010, 05:26 AM
I guessing it will be Epcot also! Find the earrings and have some park fun too! To be that close to the parks I would have to visit one! :D

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 10:14 AM
How fun to relive some wonderful memories with Rose - but how sad to have to say goodbye to Courtney yet again! :(

Yep, I think you should cheer yourself up with a visit to Epcot! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Hope I hear all about Epcot in the next report!

princessgirls
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
A nice day Heather!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
01-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007