PDA

View Full Version : Cape May and Olivia's

rafiki fan
01-23-2010, 10:23 PM
We are heading down soon to see our first grandchild and to spend some time soaking up some good WDW atmosphere. We are looking at two restaurants we have never tried before and haven't read much about. What are the opinions of the Cape May Clam Bake and Dinner at Olivia's. As always thanks ahead of time for all of you who make this such a great resource.

luvdiznee
01-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Both of these restaurants are great, IMO. We've been to Olivia's about 4 times for both lunch and dinner and have always enjoyed it. Though I do miss their Caribbean Barbecue Grouper and Buffalo Chicken Soup. :cloud9:But they have new dishes that are great as well. Cape May another good one, loved their salmon and other seafoods on the plan. We also went to them for breakfast. :cloud9:Enjoy!

DVC2004
01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Cape May Clam Bake Buffet at dinner is great! Lots of choices for adults and kids. There's clams, mussels, crab, carved sirloin, chicken strips, mac and cheese, etc. Desserts galore. Excellent- we all enjoyed it. We usually don't go to buffets but the food was so much better than average, and it wasn't chaotic. Very nice and relaxed. They have a character breakfast there as well and that is also good, not as "crazy" as others and not as loud. Expect the usual breakfast fare at the character breakfast buffet.

Olivia's on the other hand, meh. It's just OK. I'd probably go there for breakfast over any other meal. I've tired it for dinner, lunch and breakfast when we stayed at OKW and really nothing memorable. the key lime pie was good. Otherwise, I would say it's average at best.

bruin1344
01-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Never tried Olivias. I love Cape May. Its my favorite buffet. There is something there for everyone, even if you dont like seafood. I always leave there very full.

KAT1811
01-24-2010, 09:23 PM
We love Olivia's! We ate there four times on our last trip. I had the same thing every time, the BBQ prok chop, it was fabulous!!!

I can't say anything about Cape May for dinner but we had a wonderful breakfast there years ago. I recall it being very quiet. As a New Englander I'll stick to clambakes up here! There are a lot of things I go to Disney for but a clambake isn't one of them. I just don't get the inside clambake part, in NE clambakes are traditionally outside. ;)