PDA

View Full Version : Split Stay/Luggage ?

Disney4us2
01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
For those who have done split stays. What is the process for getting your luggage from one hotel to another? Do you take a taxi? Can you have your luggage sent to the second hotel?

I am thinking to do one or two nights at ASMo or POFQ then on to AKL.

faline
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
We've done this a few times and have used a taxi. However, Disney will transfer your bags for you if you are transferring from one Disney resort to another. Just call bell services and tell them where your bags should go, It might take a few hours but they'll get there.

KAT1811
01-24-2010, 11:06 PM
We used a taxi too. I wanted our bags to travel with us. I didn't want to be waiting and waiting for our luggage. Especially with 4 children! :mickey:

BigRedDad
01-25-2010, 06:59 AM
In my experience, it was only once on Thanksgiving, is that the internal luggage transfer took a very long time. They picked our bags up at 7AM at WL and finally got them to Pop at 6PM. It is only supposed to take 3-4 hours. We got the run around and the story that they were "busy". I know it was Thanksgiving, but after asking every hour from 11AM to 2PM and then every 30 minutes from 2PM to 5PM, they would get the hint.

Finally, we got the manager at Pop. He told the luggage area to locate where our suitcases were, have them held there, and they were sending one of their people to get them by hand. Well, once all that happened, our luggage magically appeared as if it was an urgency.