PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's Childrens' Menu?

Septbride2002
01-23-2010, 09:18 PM
is there one? My nephews are the pickest eaters on the planet and will not eat anything on the Ohana's menu, however everyone else in the group (9 of us) really want to go.

~Amanda

KylesMom
01-23-2010, 10:25 PM
No, there is no "official" children's menu for Ohana that I'm aware of, Amanda. However, many have posted that their children, like your nephews, would like alternates. They've been brought various items by the staff (chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, etc). From what I understand, you'll still be charged the children's price for the Ohana dinner. For the remainder of your party, enjoy! We've been going to Ohana with DS (who's a pretty picky eater himself) for many years, and we've always had a great time! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
01-23-2010, 11:11 PM
At 40...somethng, there can't possibly be a more picky eater than I am! That being said, I really liked the choices @ O'hana's. Being a meat & potatos kind of gal, I was able to get plenty full w/their meat skewers. And the pineapple w/warm carmel sauce was absolutely wonderful! (if they still have it). :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
01-24-2010, 06:42 AM
And the pineapple w/warm carmel sauce was absolutely wonderful! (if they still have it). :thumbsup:

:confused: They didn't have that last October when we ate there. :( Sounds wonderful!

Septbride2002
01-24-2010, 08:21 AM
At 40...somethng, there can't possibly be a more picky eater than I am! That being said, I really liked the choices @ O'hana's. Being a meat & potatos kind of gal, I was able to get plenty full w/their meat skewers. And the pineapple w/warm carmel sauce was absolutely wonderful! (if they still have it). :thumbsup:

Oh I bet you they can. Especially considering they don't eat any meat plain, it has to be breaded and fried. They don't eat anything green, they don't eat anyting that hasn't been processed.

In fact I just got an email from my SIL saying they won't eat 99% of what is on the breakfast menus for Character dining. They don't eat waffles, or pancakes, or eggs, or hash browns. ....

~Amanda

DVC2004
01-24-2010, 11:35 AM
They don't advertise or print a kids menu, but just request. I know mine ordered chicken strips. I think they get their kids offerings next door from the Kona Cafe. No worries.

mom2morgan
01-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh I bet you they can. Especially considering they don't eat any meat plain, it has to be breaded and fried. They don't eat anything green, they don't eat anyting that hasn't been processed.

In fact I just got an email from my SIL saying they won't eat 99% of what is on the breakfast menus for Character dining. They don't eat waffles, or pancakes, or eggs, or hash browns. ....

~Amanda

oh, boy! I think that fits into the category of "go wherever you want, because you are never going to be able to please them anyway!"

Hammer
01-24-2010, 03:33 PM

~Amanda

Amanda, as others have posted, they should be able to get chicken strips and mac and cheese for them. Probably best they not know that the mac and cheese is real cheese and not processed box garbage or they may not eat it.

I have to say, though, that why does your sister-in-law allow them to have these eating habits? I know when I was growing up, my parents always made us try new foods and we ate the same meal as them, no substitutions.

Septbride2002
01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Amanda, as others have posted, they should be able to get chicken strips and mac and cheese for them. Probably best they not know that the mac and cheese is real cheese and not processed box garbage or they may not eat it.

I have to say, though, that why does your sister-in-law allow them to have these eating habits? I know when I was growing up, my parents always made us try new foods and we ate the same meal as them, no substitutions.

Christine - my SIL is also a fairly picky eater - although not as bad as her kids. except for the green thing - no one in their family eats anything green. I personally wouldn't tolerate it and don't with my own kids - but there ya go. they also don't eat peanut butter - I have no idea how these kids survive - my daughter eats PB&J at least 2 a week ;)

Turns out the kids will eat pancakes and they have them at Chef Mickeys - so at least we got that settled.

KAT1811
01-24-2010, 09:35 PM

~Amanda

LOL! That's bad! Personally I'd tell your sister-in-law to pack them whatever it is they do eat and have them eat wherever you happen to be. If you want to go to 'Ohana and they won't eat there just get them chicken fingers or whatever they eat before you go. Then sit back and enjoy your meal!

oh, boy! I think that fits into the category of "go wherever you want, because you are never going to be able to please them anyway!"

:thumbsup: If they are that picky don't stress yourself out trying to make them happy. Explain the options to your sil and then let her figure out what/how they will accomodate her children. You can't possibly be expected to scour every menu in the hopes that you will find something they will actually eat.

- no one in their family eats anything green. I personally wouldn't tolerate it and don't with my own kids - but there ya go.

Good for you. That bologna wouldn't fly in my house either. You eat what we eat. Period. My children are fabulous eaters. Veggies, fruit, you name it. My 5 year old loves shrimp and ordered fish on our last Disney trip! All four of my children eat great. Although the 3y.o. doesn't like sandwhiches. She'll eat everything you put into a sandwhich but just not inbetween the bread. Crazy I know. Turkey and cheese with bread on the side no problem just don't put it all together!