PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or Boardwalk or POR? TORN

LuvSnowWhite
01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
:confused:My friend and I are planning my upcoming 50th bday celebration and we are stuck on which resort. Of these three, which is recommended? Is Boardwalk really worth it?
I forgot to add that our dates are Dec 3-13, 2010.

Genie1953
01-23-2010, 08:41 PM
I can't speak to the other 2 resorts but we absolutely love POR. Beautiful grounds, quiet, very romantic! We stayed in Oak Manor in the mansion section and it was great!

CanadianWDWFan
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
First off, POFQ is our favourite Moderate and the Boardwalk is our DVC home. So I might be a bit biased towards these two.:D

The Boardwalk has so much to offer in regards to night life and plus you can walk to two parks. There are so many restaurants nearby in Epcot and on the Boardwalk itself. Your food options are nearly endless.

For POFQ, what we like about it is the size. It is the smallest resort on Property. You can walk anywhere on the resort in only a couple of minutes. So no room is very far from anywhere on the resort. The Food Court has a pretty good selection of food considering its small size. Beignets are always an added plus.:tasty: There is one bus stop, at POR there are 4. Another thing is that if you prefer the theming of New Orleans over the Bayous then POFQ will be better suited for you.

Suz36
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I've never actually stayed at any of them (POFQ in about 3 months!), but given the time of year, I'd pick Boardwalk. The Christmas decorations seem more elaborate there, and the convenience to Epcot to see all of the holiday narrators for me would make it worthwhile. Can't really go wrong with any of them, though!

LuvSnowWhite
01-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys. We are leaning towards Boardwalk. I'll just have to save more pennies:blush: and also I am concerned about the "Pop Warner" thing that supposedly takes over POR the first week of December.
Also, does anybody know if the AP will get the room discount at BW?:mickey:

Gina in Vancouver BC, CANADA (Olympic City 2010!)

bruin1344
01-24-2010, 11:49 AM
If you can afford it, go with the Boardwalk. You cant beat the location or the nightlife. You will love the short walks to Epcot and DHS.

CanadianWDWFan
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Also, does anybody know if the AP will get the room discount at BW?:mickey:

Gina in Vancouver BC, CANADA (Olympic City 2010!)
We got a REALLY good AP rate for the BWI in 2006. It has been a while for us, but the discounts do happen.

DVC2004
01-24-2010, 02:27 PM
I would go with Boardwalk- the location is so amazing and close to Epcot. Lots of dining, walk to Epcot, Beach and Yacht nearby. Jelllyrolls Pianos bar, Boardwalk entertainment!:thumbsup: