PDA

View Full Version : april versus september help please

dyin tago
01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
well after much indecision wife and I have finally decided to visit the world for a week in mid april:mickey:

we have been to disney once in july and 5 times in september. fabulous waterpark and beach weather but so uncomfortably hot and humid for the theme parks:fan:

would the weather be more comfortable to enjoy the parks in mid april? that would be our main reason for trying a spring visit this time.

faline
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
I've been many times in September but never in April. I know that May is already beginning to get hot and humid but have heard that weather in April is quite nice. I'm sure others with first hand knowledge will be along soon!

SBETigg
01-23-2010, 06:59 PM
We tried April for the first time in years last year, not during Easter, and it was fantastic. When Easter doesn't fall within a week of your travel one way or another, April is a great time to go. I've never been in September, but I do hear it's still really hot. April has wonderful weather. I would pick April.

Genie1953
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
We tried April for the first time in years last year, not during Easter, and it was fantastic. When Easter doesn't fall within a week of your travel one way or another, April is a great time to go. I've never been in September, but I do hear it's still really hot. April has wonderful weather. I would pick April.

We will be checking in on April 10th for a 9-night stay. Easter falls on April 4th this year so will we miss the heaviest crowds?

MMFreak
01-23-2010, 09:15 PM
We have gone in April for many many years some visits were during Easter and other various times in April. The weather is BEAUTIFUL and virtually no rainfall. However, it is still crowded at times as even though you may not be going Easter week it is a month filled with Senior trips from all over the east. So at times the parks can be very crowded. With all of this said the last week of April into the first week of May has Always been our favorite time to go.

We are hoping to be going this year at the end of August beginning of September. This will be our second trip during this time. The first when my son was not quite two years old. He is now 15 so I figured if we survived the hot humid weather when he was a baby and had to be carried or be in his stroller then we can handle it now!:mickey:

SBETigg
01-23-2010, 09:42 PM
We will be checking in on April 10th for a 9-night stay. Easter falls on April 4th this year so will we miss the heaviest crowds?

Yes, I think you'll miss the worst of it. It was moderately crowded when we were there about nine days after Easter. September may be less crowded, if that's an issue, but April crowds are very manageable with the exception of the weeks bordering Easter. I would expect you to come in while a lot of guests are departing. Wait times in the morning were minimal and we got a lot done.

BigRedDad
01-24-2010, 06:47 AM
The beginning of your trip may catch the very tail end of the Easter crowds. Spring Break crowds may be an issue depending on the regions in the US that have late Spring Breaks. Here in NC, Spring Break is always scheduled around Easter unless it is a really weird time.