PDA

View Full Version : Shipping stuff ahead

goofynmd
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM
What is the most economical way to ship a box prior to us leaving? I am thinking of sending down baby food, formula, snacks etc ahead of time. Has anyone every not had their box arrive for their trip?

betholtmans
01-23-2010, 05:39 PM
We always ship ahead, and I love it! Last time we went, my daughter was 8 months, I shipped diapers, formula, baby food, all kinds of snacks for my 3 year old, bottled water, etc. I always ship it ahead enough that I can call and ensure that it gets there before we fly out, saves us at least one suitcase if not more when flying! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-23-2010, 09:34 PM
You can ship it UPS ground and allow at least a week for it to get there. Then call ahead to make sure it's arrived.

g8rgirl29
01-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I would strongly reccomend using UPS. We have used them every year and never have had a problem. You are automatically insured for up to $100 and have delivery notification for free. I have heard that if you use USPS it goes to a central delivery area then had to be sent out to the resort which leaves room for error, I don't have any experience with using USPS though.
Just make sure you put your reservation number and arrival date on your shipping label. You can go to the UPS website and they have a tool where you put in the date you would like to ship and it will give you an estimated delivery date, there is also a place where you can put in the weight of your box and get the estimated cost. We sent a box that was around 22 lbs and it cost about $18. I have always shipped one week before and have never had a problem. I also used costco to ship water this year and had a great experience with that, under $8 for a case of water with shipping!!

goofynmd
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I also used costco to ship water this year and had a great experience with that, under $8 for a case of water with shipping!!

Did you order this just through their website?

Genie1953
01-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Did you order this just through their website?

My exact question also....I went to the Costco website but had some trouble navigating the site due to slow internet connecton. Will try again later tonight.

g8rgirl29
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes, right at the Costco website. Just go to the site, then search for bottled water. I will try to find it again and pm you the link!!