PDA

View Full Version : New Poly Room Categories?

Keneva
01-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Just what is a "Theme Park View-Club Level Access"? This is the room category listed on the WDW web site. Does this mean non-Hawaii TPV rooms have access to the Club located in Hawaii?:confused:

BigRedDad
01-23-2010, 05:16 AM
No. It means it is a Theme park View room and Conceirge access. You are paying for both perks.

mouseketeer mom
01-23-2010, 08:28 AM
It means that the rooms facing the lagoon have been broken down into two categories, lagoon view which may not have a perfect view of the castle, but you are still facing that way, and theme park view which gives you an amazing view of the castle. I'm not happy about this change!

DizneyRox
01-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Seems like they are really struggling to find ways to make more money. I'm sure the view went up as opposed to the obstructed view going down.

There seems to be no end to the lengths they will go through to pull a buck out of guests pockets. I'd rather they just put Mickey at the park entrances with a cup. At least I'd get to see a character.

bouncer
01-23-2010, 10:53 AM
To OP: The theme park view - club level access is simply put a Hawaii building room with now 2 categories on the lagoon view side 1) lagoon view (possibly obstructed) 2) more money - Theme Park view (non-obstructed)

I am not happy about this either. I looked at the map on tikiman's site showing how many LVC rooms are not classified as the TPV and there is now only a handful. They will force you into the higher price class if you continue to purchase the standard LVC because the lower rate will obviously book up first. To my knowledge (cuz I haven't stayed in every room) there couldn't be a bad view out of any of them.

When we book we request 2nd floor close to elevator/lounge because of MIL health. That will leave 1 room- 2503. The rest are at the other end of the building. I wonder how disney will handle that for us?:mad:

Does anyone plan in issuing a complaint? If so, how do you plan to do it? I would be interested in making a similar complaint. Not that they would go back to the way it was...

Keneva
01-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I guess the point of my original question centered on the wording of the categories on the WDW web site. The lagoon view is "lagoon view-club level" and the TPV is "Theme park view-club level access". Why would they say "access"? Debbie called for me and reported back that it does mean non-Hawaii TPV rooms that sign up for club access can now access the Hawaii club. We both thought this was so odd as to not be true but that is what I was told by Magical Journeys.

Tink1
01-23-2010, 01:40 PM
That is also what I was told on my last stay in Hawaii Bldg. The reason it is listed as "Club level access" is because you will have access to club level even if you are not housed in the Hawaii building.

Nanc

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
That is also what I was told on my last stay in Hawaii Bldg. The reason it is listed as "Club level access" is because you will have access to club level even if you are not housed in the Hawaii building.

Nanc

I wonder if that's accurate. On the WDW pages you pay more for Theme Park View - with club access than you do for club level lagoon view. As well, tikiman's pages this is called a new category in the Hawaii building and shows all of the 3rd floor lagoon side as theme park view while most of the 1st floor lagoon side is shown as lagoon view. The 2nd floor is shown as lagoon view but there are also a few theme park views.

Wonder if MJ staff could get a current explanation of these rates. It's very confusing.

Keneva
01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Tikiman pages also shows floor plans of Tuvalu, Aotearoa & Tahiti with the new category of lagoon view and theme park view rooms in addition to Hawaii.

bouncer
01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
:confused:I guess I misread the info. Sorry about that. Still not happy about the extra category-it's just another way add more to the bottom line.

Polynesian Dweller
01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Tikiman pages also shows floor plans of Tuvalu, Aotearoa & Tahiti with the new category of lagoon view and theme park view rooms in addition to Hawaii.

Hmm. Didn't check those. So, I guess the question for us comes down to, if I want Hawaii 3rd floor lagoon view side do I then have to book Theme park view club access. Wish the WDW site would be clearer about that.