PDA

View Full Version : disnsey visa character meet and greet at epcot

sbgat711
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Has anyone used their disney visa to get this "perk" - is it worth it - how much time can you expect to spend/wait before the photo op, how many characters are there, etc. Thanks.

tys_mommy
01-21-2010, 04:15 PM
They only allow one family at a time with the characters so sometimes you can have a little wait - think we've waited 20 minutes tops but it's in one of the innovations buildings so one parent can stand in line while the other takes the kids to the stations. All 3 times we did it there were only 2 characters at a time in the room.

BigThunderFan
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
We're hoping to do this Monday if time allows, so I will let you know how it goes.

StitchFan#1
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
We always do this because A. Its free and B. We just cant get enough of the mouse! We have only really waited for about 15 tops and have seen Mickey Minnie and Goofy all at the same time!

LVT
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I did not locate this last May. I saw a character wait in the area, but the line was 2 hours. Maybe
I looked at the wrong thing?

Kim Possible
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
it's really great personal time with the characters. only one family goes in at a time. last time i was there it was mickey, minnie and goofy. in previous times i have also seen donald and pluto.

Tink#64
01-22-2010, 12:18 AM
It's a great experience & great pics too! We've never waited more than about 15 - 20 minutes, and they will take pics & load onto your photopass card for your free pic & they will take pics on your personal camera if you ask them. They do not rush you at all - actually they act like you can take all the time in the world & take as many pics as you'd like! We've done this 2 or 3 times & every time we've gotten Goofy & Minnie! That's my only thing - I'd love to have this opportunity & have a different character! But it's free, so I'm definitely not complaining! Great time for kiddos to get autographs too if they haven't already! :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Like a previous poster stated, it is a private meeting with the family and characters. I think when we did it, we were in there for about 10 minutes (not the norm). I think we were the last family. My DD literally played with Pluto and Mickey almost the whole time. I wish I had video taped it.

Suz36
01-23-2010, 08:41 PM
I wish I had video taped it.

Thanks for saying this! I'm going to make sure I have my video ready to roll when we try this in May!

Greenlawler
01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
We really should have a sticky for this...

Bethanymouse
01-24-2010, 04:21 PM
it's really great personal time with the characters. only one family goes in at a time. last time i was there it was mickey, minnie and goofy. in previous times i have also seen donald and pluto.

You were probably looking at the Character Connection location. That always has a long wait and is often mistaken for the Visa meet and greet.

We have taken advantage of this perk for the past 4 years. We really enjoy meeting up with the mouse with a very little line (tops 20 minutes) but we try to get there when it opens. How can you go wrong for a free picture. Plus, DH and I both have a card which means we get 2!

Kim Possible
01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
You were probably looking at the Character Connection location. That always has a long wait and is often mistaken for the Visa meet and greet.

We have taken advantage of this perk for the past 4 years. We really enjoy meeting up with the mouse with a very little line (tops 20 minutes) but we try to get there when it opens. How can you go wrong for a free picture. Plus, DH and I both have a card which means we get 2!

no i wasn't, i was in the innoventions building and i know it was the visa meet and greet. i never do the character connection, too long of a wait for me.

BigThunderFan
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
That's surprising you had such a long line. Was it during a busy day or holiday?

We went about 2:30 and there were three families in front of us. Very short wait and the kids played while I stood in line. It was only Minnie & Goofy, but still a great experience.

murphy1
02-10-2010, 01:43 PM
We went about three years ago and it wasn't crowded. The last few times we've gone, it was been very long lines and swamped. I think it's just luck of the draw. The funny thing is Char Connection was not busy, we hit it in the morning.

homeschool mom
03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
We've only done this on one occasion, but our wait wasn't long at all and we saw Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. Our interaction with the characters was great and we weren't rushed at all. We happened to have DDs best friend with us and they even let her have her own photo op with the characters and gave her a free print as well! I thought that was very kind of the CM!

Hoping to have it done again on our upcoming trip.

5togetherWDW
03-17-2010, 08:24 AM
We do the Visa meet and Greet at least once every trip. We have waited 45 minutes for this opportunity a couple times -- other times gotten in after only 10 or 15 minutes. On busy days the line does wrap past the video games. I won't get in it if it is past the halfway point of the games (unless it is clearly a large group with storllers or something.) Usually, when the line gets long they try to hurry it up -- going back a little later, the line will usually be shorter again. I have found that the longer waits (with a line that only reaches the edge of the games) are usually worth it -- the line moving slow means the characters are ready to play! We have had some great fun after a slow moving line :mickey:

Amy_617
04-18-2010, 12:02 PM
How do you get the free pic? We just became disney visa card holders and are looking forward to taking advantage of this in 2 weeks. Do the pics just get put on your photopass card, and you go to a photopass shop and show your visa card to get your free pic? Thanks in advance!