PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 16

Melanie
01-21-2010, 03:03 PM
The new cast is up!

Amazing Race 16 (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/#start)

Premieres Sunday, February 14 at 8/7c.

:joy:

laprana
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Yay! :clappy: I'm so excited for this to start and really happy to see Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother on there! I hope they go far!

Ian
01-21-2010, 04:07 PM
On 11 teams this year?

Melanie
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM
On 11 teams this year?

They essentially only had 11 last season with that lame elimination to start the show.

Ian
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
They essentially only had 11 last season with that lame elimination to start the show.Hmmm ... for some reason I thought it was more. Why did I think they had like 16 teams?

Maybe I'm confusing TAR with Survivor.

NotaGeek
01-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Possible fun teams ... any time I see "Dating/Models" -- I know that the girl is going to be absolutely annoying.

The Cowboys might be fun ... it will be nice to see them deal with the travel aspect -- 2 good ole boys from Oklahoma having to deal with, oh, lets say the crowded streets of Mumbai? AWESOME. lol!

I miss having a funny, campy gay team in the race ... we need some good one-liners!

Melanie
01-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Maybe I'm confusing TAR with Survivor.

Must be. I just looked back, and all TAR seasons have begun with either 11 or 12 teams.

Melanie
01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
... we need some good one-liners!

Jordan from BB might give us some good ones, but she probably won't think it's funny.

KarenP
01-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I quit watching this show but will definitley be watching this time to see Jeff and Jordan. I just love them!

brownie
01-22-2010, 06:30 AM
All right!

c&d
01-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Cool, I love this show. I did a quick look at the teams and it should be interesting to watch.

Ian
01-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Must be. I just looked back, and all TAR seasons have begun with either 11 or 12 teams.Yeah I checked, too, and saw the same thing.

Old age is just brutal. :(

MNNHFLTX
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Just looked at the teams and their bios. The cowboys look like they'll be a hoot and the grandmother/grandaughter team will be interesting to watch too. The first thought I had when I read about Caite Upton was whether they would send the constestants to South Africa during the race because, of course, they can't send her to "the Iraq". (Sorry, she's probably a very nice girl, but I couldn't resist.) And there's another contestant that speaks fluent Mandarin. What are they odds that that will come in handy this year again? And Ian, Steve (from the Steve and Allison team) sounds like he would be of particular interest to you. ;)

Can't wait for this season to start!

TheDuckRocks
01-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Old age is just brutal. :(

Listen up you young whipper snapper! Just you wait, you have no idea.
Sincerely,
The Oldest Intercotee

In my dreams
01-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I can't wait. Amazing Race is the only reality show I've ever committed to:number1:
( other than one season of A.I. and that was awhile ago) LOL

Ian
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
And Ian, Steve (from the Steve and Allison team) sounds like he would be of particular interest to you.Yeah, that cat somehow managed to get himself fired from a team that had just won the World Series.

That should tell you something about his chances in the game. ;)

Hammer
01-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Reality shows like this and Survivor are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I've tried to like them, but it doesn't stick. I'll probably watch the first episode just to boo Steve Smith ;). The Phillies won the 2008 World Series in spite of him being one of the worst 3rd base coaches I have ever seen!

Granny Jill A
02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I love the Amazing Race. It's the only way I'll ever get to see the world, and I love trying to solve the puzzles along with the contestants.

Yay for a new season......

NJDad
02-12-2010, 06:21 AM
And with football season over, shouldn't be delayed as much (although March Madness will mess with the schedule, and I'm sure it will be delayed some once in a while for college hoops or whatever).

So, as always, set your tivos/vcrs accordingly anticipating the show starting late once in a while.

pixiesmimi
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Strange that they would choose to air this just as the Olympics are beginning. A little bit of competition.

NotaGeek
02-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think the Olympics are competition for TAR necessarily, the Olympics are only 2 weeks and to be honest I prefer to try and watch the Olympics on DVR ... too much back story and not enough competition for me.

MNNHFLTX
02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't think the Olympics are competition for TAR necessarily, the Olympics are only 2 weeks and to be honest I prefer to try and watch the Olympics on DVR ... too much back story and not enough competition for me.I'm with you there. :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
And with football season over, shouldn't be delayed as much (although March Madness will mess with the schedule, and I'm sure it will be delayed some once in a while for college hoops or whatever).

And it looks like CBS has golf on today.

Can't wait!!!! :woohoo:

Melanie
02-14-2010, 10:07 PM
LOL - can't believe Jeff and Jordan actually came in first. And she thought they were going to China. hehe They crack me up, in a good way.

The "I love you, bro" team is going to annoy me, I can already tell.

MNNHFLTX
02-14-2010, 10:36 PM
LOL - can't believe Jeff and Jordan actually came in first. And she thought they were going to China. hehe They crack me up, in a good way.

The "I love you, bro" team is going to annoy me, I can already tell.Totally agree with you on both counts, Mel. Dave actually thought that Caite must have made the remark about China, but I made him go back to prove that it actually was Jordan. Oh well.

I like the grandmother and grand-daughter team as well, although I have my doubts about how they will do in the long run.

DizneyRox
02-14-2010, 10:39 PM
First impressions...

ZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz....

A yawner of an episode...

NotaGeek
02-15-2010, 12:39 AM
I am not all that impressed so far. I didn't watch that season of BB, but Jeff and Jordan are cute and she's dumb enough to be entertaining. When the team started painting in the inside of the house I laughed hard ... and the models/Miss Teen USA? She is just as dumb as the world thought she was and he's a bit of a poor man's Prince Caspian -- she said "Danke" to one of the locals. ROFL.

DisneyPrincess21
02-15-2010, 06:40 AM
I am not all that impressed so far. I didn't watch that season of BB, but Jeff and Jordan are cute and she's dumb enough to be entertaining. When the team started painting in the inside of the house I laughed hard ... and the models/Miss Teen USA? She is just as dumb as the world thought she was and he's a bit of a poor man's Prince Caspian -- she said "Danke" to one of the locals. ROFL.

I loved when the guys at the house were saying "look i dont know what you are doing here" LOL what are the chances that the inside of the house would be red? Well those guys probaly figured they were getting free labor from the "crazy" americans who broke into their house!

I heard caite say "danke" i was thinking, did that moron really just say danke? Hahaha. Someone should tell her that the word danke, is used in places like the germany and places such as. :rotfl:

I am sooo happy Jordan and Jeff are on this season, i didnt know about it till i was watching the show last night. I love them, now i have a team to root for this year that i absolutely love

laprana
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
I heard caite say "danke" i was thinking, did that moron really just say danke? Hahaha. Someone should tell her that the word danke, is used in places like the germany and places such as. :rotfl:

:funny: The beauty queen really lived up to her reputation last night! And how about them writing "details" on their hands so they wouldn't forget something in a clue, and then not completing the clue correctly?!? :rotfl:

Go Jeff and Jordan! :clappy: I was sooo glad (and stunned) that they came in first last night! I thought they were in real trouble when I heard Jordan ask the airline rep for tickets to China. They're so funny to watch, I hope they go far in the game.

So far the only team I don't like much is Carol and Brandy. They seem really mean-spirited. But, I think Brandy was knocked down a few pegs after the cable task.

DisneyPrincess21
02-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Go Jeff and Jordan! :clappy: I was sooo glad (and stunned) that they came in first last night! I thought they were in real trouble when I heard Jordan ask the airline rep for tickets to China. They're so funny to watch, I hope they go far in the game.

i love Jeff and Jordan, people who didnt watch them on BB might not "get" her, she isnt stupid she is just one of those people who's words dont come out right. I told my mom that she is Jordan because she does the same things that Jordan does, when she went up and said "i need 2 tickets to china!" it was so funny me and my mom were cracking up. No Jordan dear, you need 2 tickets to chile. She is so sweet and cute. And on a side note, i really hope they go to several warm climates, as to give Jeff a reason to take off his shirt! :blush: he's pretty :cloud9: :D

TheDuckRocks
02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
If Jordan and Caite stay in this very long we are going to be in for a lot of laughs.:rotfl:
I don't know if I laughed harder at Jordan twice saying they were going to China or Caite saying "danke" and messing up the funicular part of the clue.:funny:
I was happy to see Jeff and Jordan hit the mat first.:clappy:

MegaDisney
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
And on a side note, i really hope they go to several warm climates, as to give Jeff a reason to take off his shirt! :blush: he's pretty :cloud9: :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly!

The cowboys exchanging $ for Brazillian was too funny.

Hope Jeff and Jordan win!

DisneyPrincess21
02-15-2010, 01:06 PM
The cowboys exchanging $ for Brazillian was too funny.

Did you catch how they tried to justified it, they said "the LA airport didn't have Chilean money and Brazillian money was the closest thing they had"

Um.... No, you asked for Brazillian money! LOL

Granny Jill A
02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
The show certainly pointed out the lack of geographical knowledge by some of the contestants.

Sure was sorry that the married couple got booted. That challenge called for a small, lightweight person, unfortunately.

There were some cringeworthy moments for several teams when they just plain screwed up. Love this show.

brownie
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM

The "I love you, bro" team is going to annoy me, I can already tell.

Not only did they make it to the right place, they got there first!

I'm not sure about most of the teams on this race. I'll have to wait and see.

Mousefever
02-16-2010, 02:10 AM
If Jordan and Caite stay in this very long we are going to be in for a lot of laughs.:rotfl:
I don't know if I laughed harder at Jordan twice saying they were going to China or Caite saying "danke" and messing up the funicular part of the clue.:funny:
I was happy to see Jeff and Jordan hit the mat first.:clappy:

Add in the father and daughter team who painted the inside of somebody's house with exterior paint, and there were many laughable moments. The "I love you, Bro!" guys don't bother me at all, and I loved the way the one brother was able to quote Caite's gaffe at the pageant! I remember when that was in the news and I laughed then too. I like Brandy, and I hope the grandma team makes it a little while.

Amy

NJDad
02-17-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't know if it happens every single 'season', but it seems it wouldn't be TAR unless folks complained about not being too engaged by the first episode.

JanetMegan
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Why must they have extremely annoying guys on each and every season??? The brother's team has got to GO!

Granny Jill A
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Why must they have extremely annoying guys on each and every season??? The brother's team has got to GO!

Yup. They have my vote to be the next eliminated.

Melanie
02-17-2010, 02:40 PM

Are you talking about the "I love you, bro" brothers? :bang: Can't recall if there is another brother team. :confused:

Ian
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Are you talking about the "I love you, bro" brothers? :bang: Can't recall if there is another brother team. :confused:Heh ... it has to be them.

"I love you, bro!"

Can't hear that enough. :ack:

laprana
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Are you talking about the "I love you, bro" brothers? :bang: Can't recall if there is another brother team. :confused:

I think the cowboys are also brothers, if I remember correctly.

KarenP
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Jeff and Jordan have done really well so far. I hope they continue. They are so entertaining. I just loved them on Big Brother! Jeff is definitely real easy on the eyes, and Jordan is an absolute doll.

thrillme
02-18-2010, 09:58 AM
So far I kinda like the cowboys...I don't know if they are friends or brothers...just as long as they're not brothers like last seasons. I wanted them off so bad. I couldn't stand their bickering. They're grown ups not children. If they were children I would have sent them both to their rooms...I wouldn't have cared who started it...alas...I'm the mother of only ONE...I have "rentals" but they know they will go home if they bicker.

IamBelle
02-19-2010, 06:35 AM
I want Jeff and Jordan to win!! :number1:

Mousefever
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I must be one of the only people who hasn't watched Big Brother, because I fail to understand why Jordan is receiving support from so many people. And didn't she already win a lot of money from Big Brother?

From the standpoint of someone who got the first glimpse of her on this season's Amazing Race, I'm not impressed. I usually root for the teams who are smart, but nice. Or the teams who are funny, but not because they do bonehead things. My all time favorite team in AR's history was the Hippies. Smart, funny, nice and respectful. I never respect the teams who get by on their looks, celebrity (Boston Rob) or the "I'm so helpless" act. I'm not saying that Jordan is in any of these categories and I may have to reassess my opinion after a few episodes, but so far I'm not impressed.

Amy

Melanie
02-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I must be one of the only people who hasn't watched Big Brother, because I fail to understand why Jordan is receiving support from so many people. And didn't she already win a lot of money from Big Brother?

From the standpoint of someone who got the first glimpse of her on this season's Amazing Race, I'm not impressed. I usually root for the teams who are smart, but nice. Or the teams who are funny, but not because they do bonehead things. My all time favorite team in AR's history was the Hippies. Smart, funny, nice and respectful. I never respect the teams who get by on their looks, celebrity (Boston Rob) or the "I'm so helpless" act. I'm not saying that Jordan is in any of these categories and I may have to reassess my opinion after a few episodes, but so far I'm not impressed.

Amy

Certainly your perogative, and I'm sure there are folks here who HAVE seen Jordan on BB and aren't pulling for her. We all like different teams for different reasons. And it's hard to tell much of anything about a team from one episode. Of course, it's all in the edit too.

I just really enjoyed Jordan and Jeff on BB. To me, there's something very genuine about Jordan (which translates to some funny moments) and Jeff was very sweet and protective of her. Plus Jeff is nice to look at. :D Theirs was a true romance, which really didn't even get started until after they left the BB house. She wanted to make sure it was real before anything happened.

But not to say they don't bicker, because they did in the BB house, and I have a weird feeling that because of that, things won't be as easy for them in the future as it was this first episode.

MegaDisney
02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I fail to understand why Jordan is receiving support from so many people. And didn't she already win a lot of money from Big Brother?

Is winning or having money a disqualification? I fail to see how that is an issue.

I assume the Globetrotters made a decent amount of money before the race.

The film maker and his father from another season probably made good money.

Jordan and Jeff are getting support because they are entertaining, good hearted and easy on the eyes. A trifecta for reality show contestants IMHO.

DisneyPrincess21
02-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Plus Jeff is nice to look at. :D Theirs was a true romance, which really didn't even get started until after they left the BB house. She wanted to make sure it was real before anything happened.

Jordan and Jeff are getting support because they are entertaining, good hearted and easy on the eyes. A trifecta for reality show contestants IMHO.

:exactly:

Mousefever
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Well, I'm flexible and willing to look beyond first impressions! :mickey: Jeff and Jordan may grow on me. Let's see how they do tonight. At the very least, they may be very entertaining. And Mel, you're right that Jeff is nice to look at. :blush: About the fact that she's already wealthy, I suppose I just tend to root for the economic underdog.:shrug:

Amy

MNNHFLTX
02-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh my gravy--I'm going to get tired of hearing that phrase by the time the cowboys are done with the show! :silly:

The team that I wouldn't mind going bye-bye at this point is Brandy and Carol. It's one thing to outwit the other players, but wow, are they catty. And in Brandy's bio on TAR website she describes herself as "kind"--ha! :shake:

Mousefever
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
That's so funny, Beth! I was going to say that "Oh My Gravy!" is my new favorite phrase! I really like the cowboys. I really thought that "baker's dozen" clue was going to trip somebody up, but they all knew it meant 13. Good for them!

Most annoying team this week: Brandy and Carol. I don't like catty either, especially when there is no provocation. I like the lawyer moms. They seem ready to work hard and work smart. No other teams really stuck out to me.

I was pulling for grandma and granddaughter , but I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner rather than later. I just loved how sweet they are to each other.

Amy

NotaGeek
02-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Ok, so the Cowboys totally endeared themselves to me tonight ... and I did feel sorry for the Grandma -- she was cute, but when that cow kicked her I was sure she was gonna be hurt!

Team Lipstick Lesbian is really getting on my nerves! UGH ... yeah, we get it, you like nice hotels and you don't get dirty ... then why are you on this show?

I think it seems like a slow start thus far ... I hope they get some great destinations!

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I think it seems like a slow start thus far ... I hope they get some great destinations!I agree--and they need more exciting challenges (tying a scarf around a llama's neck and collecting eggs seems a little lame to me). We need bungee-jumping or eating some vile local food, lol!

thrillme
02-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I like the Cowboys. Thought the bus thing was quite "slick"...good for them. I'm WAY ready for Brandy and Carol to go.

Melanie
02-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh my gravy--I'm going to get tired of hearing that phrase by the time the cowboys are done with the show! :silly:

It's the new "I love you, bro". :rolleyes:

Actually, I like the cowboys too. Carol and Brandy - :ack: And it looks like they give the cowboys some trouble next week.

Some classic Jeff and Jordan moments this week. Jordan apparently did NOT know what a baker's dozen was. :secret:

Yep, you guys are right. It's time to get on jet plane and head somewhere fascinating! :plane:

MegaDisney
02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Favorite Moment:

Jeff: "Isn't it amazing that this dog speaks Spanish?"
Jordan: "SHUT UP? Really?"

:D

laprana
02-22-2010, 11:06 AM

Yep, I was already tiring of the "gravy" last night! :D I think the cowboys might do well, though, because I think they were right when they talked about the other teams underestimating them and thinking they're just a couple of country bumpkins. They might fly right under the radar!

Love Jeff and Jordan! I was so glad Jeff did the egg challenge because I wasn't sure Jordan would know she needed 13 eggs instead of 12. Those 2 are so funny together and so far are working well together. I hope it continues!

I'm with everyone else who is ready for Brandy and Carol to go. I didn't like them from the beginning and I like them even less after last night's show.

NotaGeek
02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I think the cowboys don't bug me because I know they are sincere -- growing up in the Southwest I have known countless cowboys that are just like them. In fact, I have a really good friend that is big time on the professional rodeo circuit that is just as cowboy-ish. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
It's the new "I love you, bro". :rolleyes:

Actually, I like the cowboys too. Carol and Brandy - :ack: And it looks like they give the cowboys some trouble next week.

Some classic Jeff and Jordan moments this week. Jordan apparently did NOT know what a baker's dozen was. :secret:

Yep, you guys are right. It's time to get on jet plane and head somewhere fascinating! :plane:

I was going to say the same thing, everyone knew what a baker's dozen was except probably Jordan. :)

I was sorry to see the Grandma/granddaughter couple go but what is with the undercover cops? They seem really clueless about a lot of things, especially driving directions, for cops. I would have expected them to have done better so far. And how are they going to be undercover any more after this show? Criminals don't watch TV? :)

2Epcot
02-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Favorite Moment:

Jeff: "Isn't it amazing that this dog speaks Spanish?"
Jordan: "SHUT UP? Really?"

:D

I also liked on the first episode when Jordan told the airline counter person they were going to China, and Jeff had to correct her and say Chile.

They are entertaining. I hope they do well.

Ian
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
The team that I wouldn't mind going bye-bye at this point is Brandy and Carol. It's one thing to outwit the other players, but wow, are they catty. And in Brandy's bio on TAR website she describes herself as "kind"--ha! :shake:Ugh ... totally agree. Actually, Michael said it best:

UGH ... yeah, we get it, you like nice hotels and you don't get dirty ... then why are you on this show?

I like the cowboy team and was pretty impressed by how well they fared with the busses. It'll be interesting to see if they can carry that kind of ingenuity through for the entire race.

Honestly, I don't have much of a feeling about any of the other teams yet. I'll admit it ... I'm shallow ... so I tend to root for the teams with the pretty girls on them, but we'll have to see how that evolves as I get to know the teams better.

Strangely enough, I would typically be someone who would like the detectives, but thus far I'm not that much of a fan. They're not very good and they seem to be pretty arrogant.

I felt bad to a degree for Team Grandma, but was pretty glad to see them go. She was cute and all, but I was a little tired of her "Let's just take it all in and enjoy it" attitude. If you're not in it to win it, I'm not likely to be a fan.

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2010, 12:12 PM
If you're not in it to win it, you need to stay home on the couch, eating popcorn and watching AR on TV.

Granny Jill A
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
The team that I wouldn't mind going bye-bye at this point is Brandy and Carol. It's one thing to outwit the other players, but wow, are they catty. And in Brandy's bio on TAR website she describes herself as "kind"--ha! :shake:

I'm with you on this one - and the I'm gay/I'm not gay brothers. Their personalities are a little hard to take.

I'm rooting for the cowboys after they figured out the buses last week. Good for ya!

Too bad about the Grandmother/Granddaughter team, but they were doomed from the start. I'm glad they had a good time, though.

Ian
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
If you're not in it to win it, you need to stay home on the couch, eating popcorn and watching AR on TV.Amen!

DisneyPrincess21
02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Favorite line in the history of Amazing Race "We should not reproduce!"

hahhaha LOL :rotfl: that was so funny,
and Jordan was like :huh:

Melanie
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM

I totally agree! My son, who is 10, didn't get it, but I was falling off the couch laughing. I love that they can poke fun at themselves.

DisneyPrincess21
02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I totally agree! My son, who is 10, didn't get it, but I was falling off the couch laughing. I love that they can poke fun at themselves.

My mom Almost fell on the floor laughing. (i think she secretly thinks jeff is cute:secret:) We were laughing so hard about it. And Jordan was like "huh?!?" They are sooo cute together

And tonight i have to admit, i felt bad for Catie, her boyfriend was being kind of a jerk to her "why are you crying?"
because she is a girl, and girls cry when they dont feel good. (i know i do :blush:)

NotaGeek
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Do these episodes feel really weird to anyone else?

Ok, I officially love the Cowboys. They are really funny. The "we should not reproduce line" made me die!

DisneyPrincess21
03-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Do these episodes feel really weird to anyone else?

Well for me to answer that, you must first explain what you find weird :D then i will be able to tell ya ;)

Melanie
03-01-2010, 06:00 AM
The lack of airline travel is definitely weird.

Ian
03-01-2010, 07:21 AM
They do feel a bit weird ... I don't know what it is. Different editing, maybe? They feel a little choppier and more rushed, I think. I'm still lovin' it, though.

The cowboys are a really great team. They work pretty well together and don't seem to be plagued by the squabbles that other teams have. I like 'em!

I'm also starting to like the Dad/Daughter team. They seem to work well together, too, and they've done pretty well so far.

Jordan and Jeff seem okay to me and I still don't have a big problem with Caite and her BF (who's name escapes me at the moment), but the rest of the teams I could do without.

Monique and Shawn ... hmmm ... bye bye!

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm a cowboy fan too. And it cracks me up--has there ever been a team on TAR that had their own theme music? :silly:

I felt bad for Caite and Brent. I thought she tried to persevere and except for getting a little impatient at one point, he was pretty supportive and understanding of her. Plus he did both the roping and polo tasks, when he had not been feeling well either. So I was glad that they made it through to the next leg of the race.

Still hoping that Brandy and Carol leave. Maybe next week? Looks like that bungee-jumping challenge I was hoping for might present problems for Brandy.

c&d
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Haven't watched last night's show. I'm really liking the cowboy team. Didn't think I would at first, but they really grew on me. Also the dad and daughter team.

I really wish the grandmother and granddaughter team continued. I thought they would go further.

laprana
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM

That was great! That's one of the reasons I love Jeff and Jordan - even when they screw up, they can still joke about it. When Jeff kept taking the loot back to the wrong "bandit" guy, my sister and I were yelling at the TV, "Read the clue again, Jeff!"

I'm really starting to like the cowboys, too! They're really playing a smart game and they seem like genuine, good guys.

I really hope Carol and Brandy are the next team to go. I dislike them more and more with each episode. They were really obnoxious when they were questioning the cowboys and then at the roping challenge when they were whining that the task was designed to give the cowboys an advantage. Uh, ok. There's always going to be teams that have an advantage over other teams one way or another, like the team a couple seasons ago who (I think) spoke Chinese and they went to China. It's just part of the race.

TheDuckRocks
03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I do agree that there are things about this years race that seem strange. All the bus travel for great distances for one and somehow except for a very few teams we have not gotten to know these people much. Makes you wonder if they are just doing it different because they think it would increase rateings or if there are new production people.
Once again I'm so glad that Jeff and Jordan still have up cracking up. Like the cowboys, the father daughter team and surprisingly Catie and her partner. The rest of them can all go as far as I'm concerned. I won't be missing the boring women that went home last night.

Ian
03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
That was great! That's one of the reasons I love Jeff and Jordan - even when they screw up, they can still joke about it. When Jeff kept taking the loot back to the wrong "bandit" guy, my sister and I were yelling at the TV, "Read the clue again, Jeff!"Ha ha ha ... me too! The best part was when the one guy goes, "Hey where's the station?" and Jeff was like, "WHAT is he talking about??"

I do agree that there are things about this years race that seem strange. All the bus travel for great distances for one ... I wonder if it could be budget cuts?

pixiesmimi
03-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I love the way Jeff jokes about everything and pokes fun at Jordan and she always just says "Huh?" :) She never seems to get mad about it. Of course, this could be editing. Wasn't sure I wanted to see them again after BB but they are a hoot. Loved the not reproducing comment! :)

I wondered about the non-flying too and wondered if it was because of all the airline security problems and other things going on lately. Some countries, there just isn't a good safe airline to fly on.

Maybe it is just getting boring because of how many seasons it has been on and everything has been done before. Some of these reality shows have just run out of steam. But I agree, it seems like they don't do very hard tasks this time around and it isn't that seat-gripping drama there used to be for the challenges. They put too many in that they all have to sit and wait for the doors or gates to open and they all catch up with each other.

Hope the two girls go next!

Ian
03-01-2010, 03:15 PM
They put too many in that they all have to sit and wait for the doors or gates to open and they all catch up with each other.Yeah ... I complain about this every season since they started it. There are just way too many legs that start with everyone getting bunched together.

It's really unfair, because it basically negates the benefit you get from running a strong leg the leg before.

I've seen times too numerous to count where a team does well one, two, three legs in a row and is one of the favorites and then has just one bad leg and it kills them. It's unfair, because without the artificial bunching they would have had enough of a lead to sustain one bad leg.

Tick-Tock
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I used to be irritated by artificial bunching, but then I realized that without it, likely some teams would get far ahead and the rest of the race would be pretty boring.

Melanie
03-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Seems like they've been doing the bunching since early, early on (maybe season 3). It doesn't bother me.

pixiesmimi
03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Maybe one or two times would be okay but it seems to be getting more frequent, like almost every leg, either at the next challenge or the airport.

NJDad
03-02-2010, 06:16 AM
Season one ended with two teams battling in NYC and one team still in Alaska, so bunching has been the plan since then.

I prefer seeing a bus trip through the Andes rather than a flight over them, even though it only means a few shots of scenery, it still is really nice scenery.

NotaGeek
03-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the 2nd season one team got stuck in Hawaii while the other teams crossed the finish line ... they ended up telling them before they even left the islands I believe ...

Granny Jill A
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
That was great! That's one of the reasons I love Jeff and Jordan - even when they screw up, they can still joke about it. When Jeff kept taking the loot back to the wrong "bandit" guy, my sister and I were yelling at the TV, "Read the clue again, Jeff!"

I'm really starting to like the cowboys, too! They're really playing a smart game and they seem like genuine, good guys.

I really hope Carol and Brandy are the next team to go. I dislike them more and more with each episode. They were really obnoxious when they were questioning the cowboys and then at the roping challenge when they were whining that the task was designed to give the cowboys an advantage. Uh, ok. There's always going to be teams that have an advantage over other teams one way or another, like the team a couple seasons ago who (I think) spoke Chinese and they went to China. It's just part of the race.

Wow! I agree with your entire post. My granddaughter and I were yelling at the screen - Read the Clue - when he kept taking it to the wrong guy. And, we're rooting for the Cowboys! I loved it when Carol and Brandy were cross-examining them on their tactics. The guys just grinned at them. Wahoo!

brownie
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm rooting for the cowboys, too. I'm hoping Carol and Brandy go soon; they're beginning to annoy me.

laprana
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow! I agree with your entire post. My granddaughter and I were yelling at the screen - Read the Clue - when he kept taking it to the wrong guy. And, we're rooting for the Cowboys! I loved it when Carol and Brandy were cross-examining them on their tactics. The guys just grinned at them. Wahoo!

:thumbsup: I loved how the cowboys just smiled and nodded at Carol and Brandy during their "inquisition!" I thought they really handled that whole situation with class.

MegaDisney
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
The reproduction line was funny.

I also thought it was funny when Jordan said to Phil "I can't read you. Your like a blank canvas"

I am beginning to like the cowboys too, but I am still rooting for J&J.

brownie
03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
That was a lot of beer to drink and it seemed like one person from most of the teams did most of the drinking. I like beer but I'm not sure how well I'd handle that.

Wouldn't you know that last night would be a non-elimination round? I'm still hoping that Brandy and Carol are eliminated soon.

Ian
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I thought last night was a really good episode. That beer drinking challenge was rough, though. That was a big boot and let me tell you from experience that German beer is much heavier and stronger than U.S. beer. I'm sure quite a few of those folks were pretty loopy later on!

Not to mention that the combo of the saurkraut and the beer must have made for some stinky sleeping later on. ;)

MNNHFLTX
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Not to mention that the combo of the saurkraut and the beer must have made for some stinky sleeping later on. ;)Lol!! I thought that too, but didn't think someone would actually mention that on the boards!

Being of German descent, the sauerkraut-eating challenge looked like a breeze. I had to laugh at Jordan delicately holding her nose while she ate. I knew she and Jeff were never going to finish that plate! And as far as the beer drinking, I just shook my head at Caite refusing to take more than one sip of it. I was like--come on, for a million dollars you can force yourself to drink it this one time! Even the cowboys were pretty tentative about it.

Anyway, kudos to the detectives for doing everything right this leg and coming in first. They deserved it.

It will be interesting to see if some of the team members are sporting hangovers on the next leg of the race. ;)

Ian
03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't want to jump to early conclusions, but based on what I've seen so far I don't think either Jordan or Caite has what it takes to be part of a winning TAR team. Neither one appears to be that willing to make the kinds of sacrifices you need to make in the name of winning.

My guess is neither one needs the money that badly.

Granny Jill A
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Loved last night's episode, and I was glad the BB team was allowed to continue.

The sauerkraut followed by the beer had my stomach upset just watching. :ack:
But I loved the detectives diving into both with gusto.

The Dad and Daughter team rocked the soccer challenge. And so did the Cowboys, to my surprise.

Can't wait until next week.

Granny Jill A
03-08-2010, 01:23 PM
....the combo of the saurkraut and the beer must have made for some stinky sleeping later on. ;)

Ha ha ha ha ha. And what about those super-sized burps?

Melanie
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't want to jump to early conclusions, but based on what I've seen so far I don't think either Jordan or Caite has what it takes to be part of a winning TAR team. Neither one appears to be that willing to make the kinds of sacrifices you need to make in the name of winning.

My guess is neither one needs the money that badly.

Caite I don't like, so I won't comment on her. You're probably right on the money part, but I don't think Jordan is riding Jeff's coattails by any means. She's done both height challenges, and did okay on the soccer challenge. What other sacrifices hasn't she made? So the food/beer thing wasn't her cup of tea...we've seen that a lot in the past, even with winning couples.

Goodness knows, I love beer, but that would have been something to down that boot. I wish we could know exactly how long it took some of them to finish.

MNNHFLTX
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Goodness knows, I love beer, but that would have been something to down that boot. I wish we could know exactly how long it took some of them to finish.I know what you mean, Mel. Although I did find myself trying to compare the size of that boot glass with the liter beers at the Biergarten in Epcot and I came to the conclusion that I could have done my part in that challenge, lol!

Melanie
03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I know what you mean, Mel. Although I did find myself trying to compare the size of that boot glass with the liter beers at the Biergarten in Epcot and I came to the conclusion that I could have done my part in that challenge, lol!

We would have been a great team, Beth! :cheers:

c&d
03-09-2010, 10:12 AM
DH looked at me during the show and said we could have drank that beer.

I'm really liking the cowboys the more the show goes on and the father/daughter team have moved up my list of favorite.

It was nice to see the team bungee jump. After the last race where the person couldn't go down the water slide I think it was nice to have a partner. I know if I had to do it, having a partner would have been great.

pixiesmimi
03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I was so glad it was a non-elimination leg. I was afraid Jordan and Jeff would be eliminated. I would rather see the other "blond" team eliminated. I wondered if they would let it go that only one member drank all the beer. I was waiting for Jeff to give them a penalty for it but I guess they didn't. I couldn't have eaten the sauerkraut but it was a lot better than other things they have had on there before. I felt sorry for J&J with the stupid cab driver that didn't know where he was going. I was so hoping that Brandy or whichever one it was wouldn't make the bungee jump but then it would have hurt the other team.

MegaDisney
03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Whew!

That was a close one! I am glad my team did not get eliminated.

I knew it was a bad idea to send Jordan with the beauty queen on the Metro. I want the beauty/drama queen to go...

DisneyPrincess21
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Whew!

That was a close one! I am glad my team did not get eliminated.

I knew it was a bad idea to send Jordan with the beauty queen on the Metro. I want the beauty/drama queen to go...

I know! I was so worried Jeff & Jordan were going to be eliminated.

Jeff can't go yet, i haven't been able to look at him long enough yet. Plus, they haven't even gone anywhere hot enough to give Jeff an excuse to take off his shirt :blush:

When i saw "beauty queen" paired up with Jordan i said "oh dear Lord, if Catie is leading them, they are going to end up in Switzerland, or some place such as" :D

Melanie
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't like Caite at all. Her attitude stinks.

thrillme
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm still on board with the Cowboys...How on EARTH did he keep his hat on when he bungie jumped???

I can't believe the Dectives made their way so well this time around. Last week I was wondering if they were REALLY detectives. But then I guess criminals never give "coordinates" to their loot.:secret:

Forget the soccor...I'd be all over the saurkraut. Love that stuff. :cloud9: although I really could have gone for a little bratwurst with it. Maybe that's the German in me coming out.

I think I could have handled the :beer: well. I know German beers are a bit stout but we have some friends that take us to a little bar where we have to try all sorts of brew...some of it is REALLY :ack:...the art is to drink it fast!!! I know I would have knocked out my half...but boy would I have been "giggley" on the cab ride to the Beatles hall...I KNOW I would have been annoying the cab driver singing "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine"...My hubby would have been singing "Silver Hammer"...:D

Ian
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Caite I don't like, so I won't comment on her. You're probably right on the money part, but I don't think Jordan is riding Jeff's coattails by any means. She's done both height challenges, and did okay on the soccer challenge. What other sacrifices hasn't she made? So the food/beer thing wasn't her cup of tea...we've seen that a lot in the past, even with winning couples.True. It's probably more Caite than it is Jordan.

Honestly, it just irks me when people come up lame in the eating/drinking challenges. You know when you go on a reality show that at some point you're probably going to have to eat or drink something you don't like. Just do it!

Ian
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Oops. :secret:

I wasn't a big fan of Joe (Heidi seemed okay) before, but I felt really bad for them last night. They seemed like they really got along well and played as a team.

It was a shame to see them get eliminated on a U-Turn like that. And that was a hard task. One of the hardest I've ever seen, actually. I mean who knows Morse Code?? :confused:

I still can't say I'm a big fan of Jordan and Jeff or Brent and Caite. Jordan and Jeff just seem really dumb to me. They make just ridiculous mistakes and always seem totally confused. It's a near miracle that they're still in it, quite frankly. And Caite just irritates me. She's a prima donna.

jonsmom
03-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I too felt sorry for them. They worked hard together and it just wasn't in the cards for them.

No bickering, no name calling, no yelling.

I thought Joe looked a little like Jon Gosselin.

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't fault the detectives for using the U-Turn, but that it was done as a payback for Joe making a couple of arrogant remarks seemed kind of lame to me. I think it would have been better utilized against the father/daughter team or even the cowboys. Or better yet, Carol and Brandy. I am so tired of hearing Brandy whine about everything they're doing. Did she think this was going to be a cakewalk when they signed up for the race?

I thought the tasks they had to complete this show were kind of cool--my husband and son said they would have liked to experience that kind of re-enactment (both are WW II history buffs).

laprana
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Whew! Jeff and Jordan luck out and squeak by yet again! I hope they can turn it around or I'm afraid they won't be in the race much longer. :(

I wasn't upset to see Joe and Heidi go...not that I disliked them, but they weren't at the top of my "rooting for" list! I would have much rather seen Carol and Brandy go. Well, really just Brandy...she bugs me a lot more than Carol does because she whines and complains about everything they have to do. Why is she on this race?? What did she think they would have to do, go shopping all day? I don't get it.

Granny Jill A
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Oops. :secret:

I wasn't a big fan of Joe (Heidi seemed okay) before, but I felt really bad for them last night. They seemed like they really got along well and played as a team.

I had a bad feeling when Joe was complaining about his knee. But he put the curse on them when he mouthed off in the bus. That convinced the detectives to choose them for the U-Turn.

Got the BIGGEST kick out of The Models on their bicycles. He looked so Goofy in that hat and mustache.

Still rooting for my Cowboys, but I'm also glad to see Dad and Daughter hanging in there.

c&d
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I was sorry to see them go. Although they weren't my favorites I did enjoy them as a team.

I wondered when Joe was complaining about his knee how much longer they would be able to stay in. In a way it might be good they're out since he might have done way more damage to his knee.

MegaDisney
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Man Brent and Caite are not playing with a full deck.

My Favorite quotes:

"Should we head South or in the direction of South?" (UH? What?)

"Look they are in some flying thing!!" (it's called an airplane)

Glad Jeff and Jordan squeeked by again! I was a little perturbed with Jordan this episode. Hope they can pull it together!

Ian
03-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm frankly still struggling to get the appeal of Jordan and Jeff. I'm fairly certain it must be a BB thing, because honestly looking at them objectively just as a TAR team I find them really annoying and basically inept. They've run an incredibly poor and disorganized race so far and are still in it by nothing more than blind luck.

brownie
03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm frankly still struggling to get the appeal of Jordan and Jeff. I'm fairly certain it must be a BB thing, because honestly looking at them objectively just as a TAR team I find them really annoying and basically inept. They've run an incredibly poor and disorganized race so far and are still in it by nothing more than blind luck.

Maybe that's why they weren't eliminated a couple weeks ago. The producers probably figured there was entertainment value in keeping them in the race longer.

Granny Jill A
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Man Brent and Caite are not playing with a full deck.

"Look they are in some flying thing!!" (it's called an airplane)

Oh, yes...... those flying things...... ha ha ha!:D

TheDuckRocks
03-17-2010, 05:00 PM
OK, another gem was the team that thought it was neat doing the "World War 2" stuff. Can't remember who that was....maybe the non-cowboy brothers???

NJDad
03-18-2010, 06:59 AM
There's another gem in the ad for the show coming up this Sunday.

MegaDisney
03-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Sad to see Jeff and Jordan go. :sad:

I absolutely cannot stand Caite and Brent, or should I say Caite. :ack:

I cannot beleive that Brent puts up with her. She is so rude. :mad: Did you notice the way she asks for directions? "Where is this at?" and nothing else. How about a Please or a Thank you? It is travelers like her that embody the "ugly American" stereotype that some Europeans have about us. I hope they go home next week.

Ian
03-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Man, good riddance to those two morons. What a train wreck. They couldn't have found their own homes with a flashlight, a map, and a GPS system. Twits.

But listen ... Brent and Caite make me long for Jordan and Jeff. She is just so annoying and irritating. And on one hand she's like, "We didn't have a million dollars before and we were fine, so if we lose we'll still be fine." and then she's like, "Oh I want to win this so bad!" Which is it, Caite? You want it as long as it's not hard??

Brent actually seems to be a fairly decent guy, but I loathe Caite. She's a vacuous, self-centered, bratty, dolt.

Mousefever
03-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Talk about passive-aggressive! I hate that "I don't want to make a decision, but I'll cut down all of yours" attitude that Caite has. She drives me nuts, and not in a fun way. A few weeks ago she was saying something about how she's proving that she really is smart. Not only does she not seem smart, but she's also witchy to her boyfriend. At least Jordan and Jeff were nice to each other and you could tell they both have a good sense of humor.

Amy

Granny Jill A
03-22-2010, 08:59 AM
I was so hoping for Brent and Caite to get the boot. Maybe next week.....

What was with the bad directions the teams kept getting? And the Dad and Daughter accident - ouch.

Ian
03-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Once Jordan proclaimed that Joan of Arc was "the guy who carried all the animals" my prayers for her demise rose threefold.

But the best part was that Caite thought the same thing! She goes, "Joan of Arc was a guy." and when Brent corrected her she says all sulky-like, "I'm just kidding."

Uh no ... you're not. You're dumb as a post. At least Jeff & Jordan could admit their stupidity (Jeff: "He? That was Noah! No wonder we're in last place!"). Caite makes hers all the worse by trying to deny it.

Granny Jill A
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
I didn't know Joan of Arc collected all those animals? Wow - stress makes you say funny things.

Can someone tell me (a math idiot) how to build that champagne tower using 680 glasses and rising 15 glasses high?

I may want to add that to my "Bucket List".....

laprana
03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Sad to see Jeff and Jordan go. :sad:

I absolutely cannot stand Caite and Brent, or should I say Caite. :ack:

I cannot beleive that Brent puts up with her. She is so rude. :mad: Did you notice the way she asks for directions? "Where is this at?" and nothing else. How about a Please or a Thank you? It is travelers like her that embody the "ugly American" stereotype that some Europeans have about us. I hope they go home next week.

:ditto: I couldn't agree more! Caite and Brent have surpassed Carol and Brandy on the annoying scale. I was really hoping it was the end of the road for them last night. I wasn't surprised no one wanted to help Caite when she asking the locals "Where is this?" She couldn't have been more rude. And how many times are they going to show up at the pit stop mat only to be turned away? I've never seen a team who makes so many dumb mistakes go so far in this race!

So sad to see Jeff and Jordan go. :pout: I loved how they kept their senses of humor and good attitudes even when they were eliminated.

pixiesmimi
03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Sad to see Jeff and Jordan go. I was hoping it would be Caite and Brent, well, Caite. She just proved that she is that dumb blond that was in the pageant even though she was trying to disprove it. It makes me mad that they got there first when they, for the second time, forgot the detour and at least Jeff and Jordan were working on it. No way would I have tried that glass thing. Congratulations to the guys for doing it. How did they know they forgot the detour because no one said anything to them about it and how did they find the end if they didn't do it?

At least Jordan laughs at herself. That is why I like her. She knows she is dumb. Where were her parents and teachers when she was growing up? Can't tell time and doesn't know who Joan of Arc is? Makes me wonder what Jeff sees in her because he isn't that dumb but they have fun together. Even Brent wasn't sure who Joan of Arc was because they were looking at the statue with all the animals and he kept saying he didn't know which one she was. But the one about the all the animals and Noah had me rolling in the floor. :)

Someone needs to go to that Tourist Bureau that was giving out all the wrong directions and fire that girl, caught on TV of all things! They showed her the paper so it couldn't be that she just misunderstood which they were asking for. If it had been just one couple and they had lost because of it, I would have been really mad in their shoes, but it was all of them practically.

Mousefever
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I was so hoping for Brent and Caite to get the boot. Maybe next week.....

What was with the bad directions the teams kept getting? And the Dad and Daughter accident - ouch.

As soon as I saw the damage to the car, I turned to my husband and said, "They need duct tape! If I were on the AR I would definitely bring duct tape."

Then they pulled out the duct tape! I thought it was funny that the Dad's wife had the same thought I did.

Amy

MNNHFLTX
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I cannot beleive that Brent puts up with her. She is so rude. :mad: Did you notice the way she asks for directions? "Where is this at?" and nothing else. How about a Please or a Thank you? It is travelers like her that embody the "ugly American" stereotype that some Europeans have about us.Oh, that bugged me too!!! Why would anyone help her when she approaches them so rudely? And the brothers echoed the obnoxious Jaime from TAR 14 when they made that remark about "people don't speak English very well here". Hellooo--in France the primary language is French!!! They really lucked out in completing that champagne glass challenge too. I was very suprised that the glasses didn't fall.

Can't say that I was sorry to see Jordan and Jeff go--they are a cute couple but they just didn't look like they were into this leg of the race. I am still very ready for Carol and Brandy to get the boot and Caite and Brent too.

I like the detectives okay (they have some great one-liners). My husband's admiration for Steve (from the father/daughter team) went up when he mentioned that he had duct tape. ;)

Granny Jill A
03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=MNNHFLTX;2030938]And the brothers echoed the obnoxious Jaime from TAR 14 when they made that remark about "people don't speak English very well here". Hellooo--in France the primary language is French!!! /QUOTE]

I fell off the couch laughing at that dumb cluck remark. The arrogance that some travelers carry with them is astounding.

If I were ever lucky enough to be chosen (and I would have to turn back the clock about a dozen years for that to happen), I would be poring over phrase books and maps to acquaint myself with the rest of the world.

Next Sunday, Seychelles, and warm weather.

MegaDisney
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Next Sunday, Seychelles, and warm weather.

And Jeff is gone. Darn it! :(

thrillme
03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm starting to kinda like the detectives. At first I really wondered about them...Alas my favorite are the Cowboys...of course I have to like the Father/Daughter because I have a Dad and he's cool.

I could easily eliminate several of the others.

Ugh. Do they not realize how LUCKY they are to be able to travel the world like that?:confused:

KarenP
03-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I was so sad to see Jeff and Jordan go but I knew it was coming. I honestly don't think Jordan was as dumb as she sounded. I think she just spoke before she thought most of the time. I liked that she and Jeff could laugh at themselves and admit their mistakes. I thought they were real genuine.

I actually find this season really boring. I don't like anyone else on the show and was only watching to see Jeff and Jordan so I won't be tuning in anymore.

brownie
03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
I thought for sure it was going to be a non-elimination round. I figured they'd want to keep Jeff and Jordan in it longer for the entertainment value.

Melanie
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I still love Jeff and Jordan, but I agree it was time for them to go, as their hearts weren't totally in it. That said, I do think their 'airheadedness' was really played up, as that's pretty much all we got from them. They aren't all stupid, and anyone who watched BB can attest to that. We all have airheaded moments, and I think those moments are even more likely to happen in a foreign country where everything is unfamiliar. I know I've often felt pretty stupid in situations in foreign countries. And I bet the other teams have those moments as well, we just aren't privy to them. ;)

Also, I think they fell victim to whatever it is they are doing this season with two (or even three?) legs within driving distance of one another. No catching up at the airport, and that's why the detectives keep winning.

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Also, I think they fell victim to whatever it is they are doing this season with two (or even three?) legs within driving distance of one another. No catching up at the airport, and that's why the detectives keep winning.I think you're right about that, Mel. They will probably all bunch up at the airport with this next episode and then it will be a new race all over again.

NJDad
03-28-2010, 06:51 AM
More March Madness basketball today on CBS, so the show may be delayed again tonight.

MNNHFLTX
03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
More March Madness basketball today on CBS, so the show may be delayed again tonight.

Thanks for keeping us all informed. :thumbsup:

Melanie
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Sure enough. Delayed 25 minutes.

DisneyPrincess21
03-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Obviously Brett and Catie are both competing for world's stupidest player!

When talking about Carol and Brandy and how all the teams don't like them, Brett said "I think it's anonymous" You think it's "anonymous" that everyone doesn't like Carol and Brandy? Huh do ya Brett???? Well it's not!
Are you looking for the word unanimous maybe dear?!?
:shake: Grrrr he's about as stupid as miss danke schon.

Between the two of them, how do they get dressed in the mornings? Do they have live in help or something?
:rotfl:

Ian
03-29-2010, 07:57 AM
That was a very disappointing outcome.

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Obviously Brett and Catie are both competing for world's stupidest player!

When talking about Carol and Brandy and how all the teams don't like them, Brett said "I think it's anonymous" You think it's "anonymous" that everyone doesn't like Carol and Brandy? Huh do ya Brett???? Well it's not!
Are you looking for the word unanimous maybe dear?!?
He did correct himself after the fact, that what he meant was unanimous. But I do agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The cowboys were incredibly careless last night. They need to take a page from the detective's book and read and re-read the clues several times. I don't know that they deserved a non-elimination leg, but since they got it, I hope that there's still a chance that it will be Carol and Brandi going home next week.

The brothers are bothering me a little less these days. I just wish they would eliminate the word "bro" from their vocabulary for the remainder of their time on TAR.

laprana
03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Is it just me, or does this season have more really dumb mistakes being made than any other season? :doh:

Ugh, Cowboys! I couldn't believe they left the bottle on the boat! I was glad it was a non-elimination leg, but I hope the Cowboys can get it together on the next leg. I was hoping Carol and Brandy were on their way out the door!

DisneyPrincess21
03-29-2010, 11:02 AM
He did correct himself after the fact, that what he meant was unanimous. But I do agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Actually Phill corrected him and said "you mean unanimous?" and Brett said, ah yeah unanimous.
Still he doesn't have much going for him, he's has no brains, no personality and where in the world do they consider this guy a model?!? What is he a hand model? Cause i don't think he is good looking enough to be a model. But i digress.

pixiesmimi
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Why would you not think there was a clue in the bottle you just dived for? But I was really hoping that Brandy and Carol would be gone for sure. That would have been too easy and I was afraid that because of one bad mistake the cowboys would be gone. Glad it was a non-elimination leg. But have you noticed just when someone everyone is rooting for comes in last, they do an non-elimination?

Couldn't believe Caite's boyfriend was ready to quit just because they didn't complete the task right. If that was tough for him, he doesn't deserve to be in this race. I was a little disappointed in them all being grouped at the airport. What good did it do to let them leave in order if they are all going to be equal when they get there. What is the advantage in that? I guess they had to do this though if they all had to take the same plane.

I would have thought the father/daughter couple could go back and get their backpacks or someone would have brought them to them but I guess that is just part of the race. At least they were smart enough to not leave their passports there too. I always wonder when they drop their bags to do a detour, what keeps someone from stealing them or how they get them back if they go on from there. This seems in the same category.

MegaDisney
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Is it just me, or does this season have more really dumb mistakes being made than any other season? :doh:

I was going to say the same thing.

This season is not only boring; it is fraught with silly mistakes and annoying contestants

Granny Jill A
03-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Ugh, Cowboys! I couldn't believe they left the bottle on the boat! I was glad it was a non-elimination leg, but I hope the Cowboys can get it together on the next leg. I was hoping Carol and Brandy were on their way out the door!

Usually it's just one or two couples that really screw up, but it seems to be an epidemic this season. I was astounded when three teams had to go back for their lost coconuts. (That sounds kind of bad, doesn't it?)

All my favorites are still in the race, but the Cowboys barely made it when they showed up without their bottle.

Guys, read your clue.

And, what's going to happen to Dad and Daughter without their backpacks? Do they get to go back and retrieve them?

Granny Jill A
03-29-2010, 02:08 PM
and where in the world do they consider this guy a model?!? What is he a hand model? Cause i don't think he is good looking enough to be a model. But i digress.

I think if you look at Brett's left eyebrow you will see why he's a model - just kidding.

I wondered about that myself. He's got that deer-caught-in-the-headlights look that annoys me immensely.

Ian
03-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah I mean ... that was one of the worst legs of a race I've ever seen. The Cowboys just made dumb mistake after dumb mistake.

I agree that, overall, these teams do seem to be making a lot of stupid blunders we haven't seen from teams in the past.

brownie
03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
There were a lot of mistakes in this leg. I was glad to see the cowboys weren't eliminated.

Ian
03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I have to say that Brent and Caite did absolutely nothing to change my opinion of them this week.

That ridiculous whining about it being "unfair" that they had to go back to get their missing coconut was just ridiculous. Unfair ... come on! It was very specific in the clue that you had to get them all!

Quit your complaining and pay more attention to what you're doing. Losers.

TheDuckRocks
03-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I'll tell you what I think is "Amazing" about this Race is that after all the seasons this show has been on, teams still don't carefully read and follow the clues!

thrillme
03-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I would have thought the father/daughter couple could go back and get their backpacks or someone would have brought them to them but I guess that is just part of the race. At least they were smart enough to not leave their passports there too. I always wonder when they drop their bags to do a detour, what keeps someone from stealing them or how they get them back if they go on from there. This seems in the same category.

I could be way off here but "theoretically" someone is ALWAYS watching...When they lose stuff...leave stuff...etc...if WE see it...there's a camera man nearby. I'm sure many "would be" thieves are put off by that. Sometimes I'm sure the contestants are given specific instructions where they're supposed to leave their backpacks. If they don't follow the instructions...then I'm sure they could get lost or stolen because they wouldn't have personnel nearby watching them.

I think if "I" were to be a "contestant" I would find someway to keep my passport on my PERSON...but not in a pocket or anything. Like somewhere around my "neck" or sew a special secret "crunchy" pocket inside of each of my shirts to keep my passport in. They should have enough time to prepare something like this.

But then when my family and I go out of the country I tend to be passport paranoid. If we don't have to take it with us...we lock it up and we ALWAYS at a minimum carry copies. I have a copy in the camera case, copy on person and a copy in the suitcase. My husband just rolls his eyes and goes along with it. But it proved to be helpful once...he renewed his drivers license once and for whatever reason they needed "proof" of citizenship (yes...he is and always has been a regular joe citizen as well as his parents so it was really weird)...fortunately he still had that goofy copy I made for him and that was enough for the DMV. Weird but whatever:confused:

I REALLY hope the Cowboys are QUICK with their "detour...I like like them. Really want the girls to go out.

MegaDisney
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I have to say that Brent and Caite did absolutely nothing to change my opinion of them this week.

That ridiculous whining about it being "unfair" that they had to go back to get their missing coconut was just ridiculous. Unfair ... come on! It was very specific in the clue that you had to get them all!

Like :thumbsup:

Melanie
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Wasn't it just last year when the friends (for the life of me I'm so tired I can't remember their names) were eliminated because they came to the pit stop without their passports? Did the father and daughter have their passports, or were they in their bags? I was sure they were goners.

And the non-elimination rounds are pre-determined. It just happens they saved two fan favorites this season.

NotaGeek
03-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Wasn't it just last year when the friends (for the life of me I'm so tired I can't remember their names) were eliminated because they came to the pit stop without their passports? Did the father and daughter have their passports, or were they in their bags? I was sure they were goners.

And the non-elimination rounds are pre-determined. It just happens they saved two fan favorites this season.
I was saying the same thing to Bryant -- when they said on the boat "we have our passports and wallets" -- I seriously hope they took a boat to get their stuff. How much could it cost? :confused:

brownie
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM

The Cowboys took it a lot better than they did. We pointed that out to our sons and turned it into a little lesson for them.

brownie
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
I was saying the same thing to Bryant -- when they said on the boat "we have our passports and wallets" -- I seriously hope they took a boat to get their stuff. How much could it cost? :confused:

Nobody had their backpacks on the island, though. Something had to be in process to get them there. It would have been awfully hard to carry the bananas and the backpacks I think. Maybe they were supposed to leave them at the races.

MNNHFLTX
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
I was saying the same thing to Bryant -- when they said on the boat "we have our passports and wallets" -- I seriously hope they took a boat to get their stuff. How much could it cost? :confused:Exactly my thoughts. Although they may have had the bare essentials (passport, money), what if they are sent to a cooler climate again and they don't have any warmer clothes? Or the ever-handy duct tape? ;)

pixiesmimi
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
The only thing that alerted me to the fact that they left the backpacks was when the camera showed it and then they said something about it on the boat and said they had the passports but I didn't see any passport pouches around their waists and how did they swim without getting them wet? But, you are right, none of the pairs seemed to have their backpacks on the boats although the ones with the coconuts put theirs on the wagons. But if they all were swimming to shore, they couldn't swim with their backpacks so had to have left them somewhere so why couldn't they get the father/daughter packs when they got the rest? None of this makes sense. Maybe it will be explained next week.

Granny Jill A
04-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Yippee! My cowboys are still in the race! Not only did they handle the speed bump, but they came in first. Phil said they were the only team in AR history to do that.

I felt bad for Dad and Daughter, but somebody's got to go. I just wish it had been Carol and Brandy. I had hope during their "carry the poles up the steps" challenge, but they rallied and survived. Shoot......

The team that most surprised me was Brett and Caite. They actually worked together without too much whining. My second favorite team - the cops - continue to blast through these challenges. I was worried about the coughing fit one of them had while climbing those stairs. Hang in there, guys!

brownie
04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Sorry to see Steve & Allie go. Way to go Cowboys, though. From last to first! I hope they stay in it to the end.

thrillme
04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm way glad the Cowboys rallied forth. Beautiful job. They did so excellent in the flag challenge. They really picked the quickest challenges.

I felt so bad when the daughter said she couldn't do the flag challenge. I wonder if she tried or if she just put the pole on her head and gave up. I really wish "I" had the opportunity to "try". I don't have a clue if I could or not. I just felt like that was their "doom"...to change to the other challenge so late.

When will Carol and Brandy LEAVE :mad: If they win...I will NEVER watch TAR again....(probably)

laprana
04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeehaw! Go Cowboys! I hope they win the whole thing! Now if only Carol and Brandy were gone...

I didn't feel too terribly bad for the Dad and Daughter. They didn't even try the flag challenge. She looked at the flag, picked it up once or twice, and just gave up. At least try running with the thing once!

I always chuckle a little bit when a team is in a cab and the cab driver stops to get gas. I understand the team's frustration, like the brothers' last night, but would they rather the driver not stop and the cab run out of gas so that they're stranded? :confused:

Granny Jill A
04-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeehaw! Go Cowboys! I hope they win the whole thing! Now if only Carol and Brandy were gone...

I didn't feel too terribly bad for the Dad and Daughter. They didn't even try the flag challenge. She looked at the flag, picked it up once or twice, and just gave up. At least try running with the thing once!

I always chuckle a little bit when a team is in a cab and the cab driver stops to get gas. I understand the team's frustration, like the brothers' last night, but would they rather the driver not stop and the cab run out of gas so that they're stranded? :confused:

I would check the gas gauge before I got in - ha ha! Or maybe I would be so excited about getting a cab in the first place, that I would forget to do it.

NotaGeek
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Every week I love the cowboys more ... I really like when Karma helps out the nice people.

Ian
04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm really happy the Cowboys pulled it out and are back in the lead. I like them a lot.

I actually was starting to like Steve and Allie, but she frustrated me with the flag challenge. To waste all that time getting there, know that you're behind, and then waste even more time getting to the other challenge just because "you can't do it" ... I hate to say it, but if you do that you kind of deserve what you get.

I have to ask ... did anyone besides me originally think, "What kind of fool would choose the flag challenge over the incense challenge???" only to later think, "Wow ... I would have been so wrong on this one!!!"

MegaDisney
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I have to ask ... did anyone besides me originally think, "What kind of fool would choose the flag challenge over the incense challenge???" only to later think, "Wow ... I would have been so wrong on this one!!!"

I did! I thought "whatever, I would choose a physical task over and impossible skill task anyday!" Then the cowboys rocked it out in a couple of minutes! :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I was so glad the cowboys came in number 1 and so quickly. They didn't look like to begin with when the race started that they would be able to do anything but they sure have fooled me. They are good at everything and just don't give up. I hope they win. I was sorry to see Steve and Allie leave though. Just bad luck got them this time. Why does it never get Carol and Brandy? :) I'm going to be ticked if they pull this thing out!

MNNHFLTX
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
As many of you have said, Allie could at least have made a decent attempt at the flag challenge. The moment she saw the flags she promptly decided she couldn't do it and there was no changing her mind. :shake:

I was impressed that the cowboys came from behind to win this leg (and it was fun to hear their theme music again!) I would be just fine with either the cowboys or the detectives winning the race.

Granny Jill A
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
As many of you have said, Allie could at least have made a decent attempt at the flag challenge. The moment she saw the flags she promptly decided she couldn't do it and there was no changing her mind. :shake:

I think Allie "hit the wall" in the race. Even the cowboys got frustrated about leaving the bottle behind. Did you see Phil's face when they threw down the map in disgust? I think both eyebrows shot up. :D

c&d
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm becoming more and more impressed with the cowboys. They are staying to their game and not getting caught up in all the drama of other teams. With the other teams so busy planning on the downfall of their "enemies" I think the cowboys just might take it all. Oh my gravy, wouldn't that be nice.

thrillme
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Ahhh the most beautiful words in TAR 16 history...."Carol and Brandy you are the last team to arrive...you have been eliminated from the race". FINALLY!!!

And come on... Try to convince me that Carol/Brandy wouldn't have given Bret and Caite a speed bump if the opportunity was offered. Really don't be such a baby.

jonsmom
04-12-2010, 07:01 AM
It was probably the best episode all season - just to hear Phil utter those words....
"I am sorry.....

NJDad
04-12-2010, 07:07 AM
They called the team that U-turned them stupid so many times I actually felt sympathy for the stupid model and her boy toy.

Granny Jill A
04-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Ahhh the most beautiful words in TAR 16 history...."Carol and Brandy you are the last team to arrive...you have been eliminated from the race". FINALLY!!!

And come on... Try to convince me that Carol/Brandy wouldn't have given Bret and Caite a speed bump if the opportunity was offered. Really don't be such a baby.

I totally agree. The women were sore losers, and they just couldn't go gracefully out the door.
They kept calling her dumb. OK, we all get it that she screwed up during her big moment, but let it go. Bret and Caite are doing VERY well right now. I think the cops may have underestimated them.

I cheered when the cowboys finally got the drumming challenge. It was tough for them, and I was hoping they wouldn't switch tasks and doom themselves to a last-place finish.

Go cowboys!

MidnTPK
04-12-2010, 09:02 AM
The women were sore losers, and they just couldn't go gracefully out the door.
It really surprised me how they went on-and-on in such a negative way. Think of all the teams that have competed and lost: almost all of them take the opportunity to say what a great experience TAR was. These two just believed themselves to be so superior that their world was shocked when that reality came crashing down.

Carol and Brandy: you're just like everyone else. Welcome back down to earth. Please be a little nicer now that you are back.

wdw dude
04-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Carol and Brandy were beyond sore losers. They were totally pathetic. I hope Brent and Caite take it all now.

:mickey:

Ian
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I had to laugh at the irony of Carol and Brandy just whining endlessly about how "stupid" Brent and Caite were for U-Turning them and how they just couldn't understand why they'd be so dumb and just going on and on and on and on and on with the nasty comments and the abuse.

I thought do myself, "Do you guys hear what you're saying?? No wonder they U-Turned you!!!"

They were, IMO, among the most classless and obnoxious racers ever on the show. They make Jonathan of Jonathan and Victoria look like a model of good sportsmanship. For two people who clearly considered themselves to be paragons of good taste and class, they really need to spend some serious time watching their season and being honest with themselves about how they behaved.

I don't particularly like Brandon and Caite either, but I'll tell you something ... both of them have more class in their pinky fingers than Carol and Brandy have in their entire bodies. What a shameful way to exit the show.

I am just THRILLED that they were eliminated last night. Good riddance to two mean, bitter, nasty people.

laprana
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I had to laugh at the irony of Carol and Brandy just whining endlessly about how "stupid" Brent and Caite were for U-Turning them and how they just couldn't understand why they'd be so dumb and just going on and on and on and on and on with the nasty comments and the abuse.

I thought do myself, "Do you guys hear what you're saying?? No wonder they U-Turned you!!!"

They were, IMO, among the most classless and obnoxious racers ever on the show. They make Jonathan of Jonathan and Victoria look like a model of good sportsmanship. For two people who clearly considered themselves to be paragons of good taste and class, they really need to spend some serious time watching their season and being honest with themselves about how they behaved.

I don't particularly like Brandon and Caite either, but I'll tell you something ... both of them have more class in their pinky fingers than Carol and Brandy have in their entire bodies. What a shameful way to exit the show.

I am just THRILLED that they were eliminated last night. Good riddance to two mean, bitter, nasty people.

:ditto: Couldn't have said it better! So glad they're finally gone. If Bret and Caite were so incredibly stupid for using the U-turn, how come it turned out so well for them and so badly for Carol and Brandy? Seems like it was a pretty smart move, to me.

I was glad that the drums didn't get the best of the cowboys. And I was impressed with the brothers on the fast forward. That's something I never would have been able to do, even for a million bucks!

MNNHFLTX
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
All I can say is--hallelujah! Weren't you all holding your breath, hoping upon hope that Phil didn't utter those words--"This is a non-elimination leg"??

I don't blame Brent and Caite one bit for U-turning Carol and Brandy, and doing it with pride. In fact, if they hadn't the detectives probably would have been the last team to arrive, so they owe them one. And yes, Carol and Brandy's (primarily Brandy's) mean and petty rant at the end only reinforced how much they deserved to go. So laughable Brandy's assertion that "you should u-turn the strong teams" and that "we haven't ever even won a leg" (of the race). Wasn't it just a show or two again, weren't they patting themselves on the back for being one "one of the stronger teams"?? Sheesh. :shake:

I'm pretty much happy now with whoever wins (although I would probably prefer it not be Brent and Caite, despite my applause for them last night).

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Ian - you really summed it up perfectly!:thumbsup:
I still like the way the cowboys are playing the game and hope they win it all, although now that Brandy and whats-her-name are gone, I'm OK with the rest of them.

MidnTPK
04-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty much happy now with whoever wins (although I would probably prefer it not be Brent and Caite, despite my applause for them last night).
Don't forget that Caite is only 20. Her fame came from the Miss Teen USA.....emphasis on the TEEN. I think a lot of her not-so-great moments on TAR can be attributed to immaturity. Immaturity often is something that diminishes with age, and Caite still has the potential to be a well-behaved, pleasant, and good-natured person.

For Carol and brandy, that ship sailed more than a decade ago.

I'm not really rooting for B & C, but I can forgive them for their lesser moments because they are still pretty young.

Granny Jill A
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Don't forget that Caite is only 20. Her fame came from the Miss Teen USA.....emphasis on the TEEN. I think a lot of her not-so-great moments on TAR can be attributed to immaturity. Immaturity often is something that diminishes with age, and Caite still has the potential to be a well-behaved, pleasant, and good-natured person.

For Carol and brandy, that ship sailed more than a decade ago.

I'm not really rooting for B & C, but I can forgive them for their lesser moments because they are still pretty young.

The kids are going to have to be careful not to paint a target on their backs by gloating about their little coup.

Ian
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Brent and Caite have come off as being head and shoulders more mature and well-mannered than Carol and Brandy. Those two were like little spoiled brats. They whined and moaned and complained anytime even the slightest little thing didnt' go their way.

I mean even last night right after they got U-Turned, Carol was trying to be positive and Brandy made some snarky comment to her like, "Please ... not now with the Pollyana routine." or something.

I thought they were nasty and rude even to each other!

MNNHFLTX
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Brent and Caite have come off as being head and shoulders more mature and well-mannered than Carol and Brandy. Those two were like little spoiled brats. They whined and moaned and complained anytime even the slightest little thing didnt' go their way.

I mean even last night right after they got U-Turned, Carol was trying to be positive and Brandy made some snarky comment to her like, "Please ... not now with the Pollyana routine." or something.

I thought they were nasty and rude even to each other!I think Carol said something to Brandy like "with your charm, maybe we can do this". To which Brandy replied with a non-family friendly expression what she thought about Carol's suggestion. :eek:

pixiesmimi
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I, too, was holding my breath that Jeff didn't say, "non-eliminating leg" and was really afraid that the cops would come in last. So glad to see Carol and Brandy gone. I do think Caite whinned a little too much about how mean the girls were to her though. Forget it and move on. I still hope the cowboys win and think from now on, the race is really on with the remaining couples. I'm wondering if Carol and Brandy will even be a couple after all of this and some of the things said to each other.

DisneyPrincess21
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I, too, was holding my breath that Jeff didn't say, "non-eliminating leg"

:secret: Oops, Wrong show. You mean Phill, :D Jeff is from survivor :thumbsup:

c&d
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I did like the police when they said something like having their "puppies do their work" with U-turning the girls. I'm hoping Brent and Caite are the next ones gone.

Go :cowboy:'s

brownie
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I was glad to see Brandy and Carol go. They were pretty classless in their handling of their last leg.

Tick-Tock
04-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Did anyone else catch the cowboys' commercial for the Country Music Awards next Sunday?

Go cowboys!

brownie
04-16-2010, 07:14 AM
I saw it. It's a good recognition for them.

pixiesmimi
04-18-2010, 08:00 PM
:secret: Oops, Wrong show. You mean Phill, :D Jeff is from survivor :thumbsup:

Yeah, I meant Phil. :blush: When I was typing that I said to myself "Jeff? Is it Jeff on both shows?" LOL

ozmom
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Miss my race fix last night - Go Cowboys. :thumbsup:

Ian
04-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Am I the only one or did last night's episode feel kind of rushed? They seemed to pack a lot of challenges into one show or something ... I don't know, maybe I'm crazy or something but I felt like I was out of breath by the end. ;)

Anyway, I was happy the detectives didn't get the boot. Not that I like them all that much, but they make it a little more interesting and I'm curious to see how/if they can rebound on the next leg with the Speed Bump and all.

In retrospect, as annoying as they were, I'm starting to agree with Carol and Brandy that Brent and Caite were stupid to U-Turn them and not the Cowboys. I like the Cowboys a lot and hope they win, but stepping back with an impartial eye they are clearly a bigger threat than B&C were.

Granny Jill A
04-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I loved last night's show, especially the part where Cord was using his clothes to hold down the puzzle pieces :D. When he started tossing folding chairs onto the field, and using them to secure the puzzle, I thought it was a pretty smart move. Go Cowboys!

The pace is certainly picking up, and I think they are trying to weed out the weak players this way.

The Cops are in a pickle, but maybe they will luck out.

DizneyRox
04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
There will probably be some sort of "equalizer" to get them all caught up. The time difference seemed pretty staggering between first and last place last night. Without something to get them all close again, it wouldn't be good TV.

MNNHFLTX
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm glad the detectives are still in it too, although I wasn't surprised. When Phil didn't tell the first three teams at the Pit Stop that they were the "final three teams competing for a million dollars" (like he usually does at that point), I knew something was up.

Two Roadblocks did make for a rather rushed hour of television, I agree. Two additioinal thoughts--Brent's whining is reaching epic proportions, and Jordan isn't too far behind (during the the noodle-making, although I think it was nice that Dan came over and hugged him and told him he loved him). And that the Cowboys still really seem to be enjoying themselves, as well as being smart competitors. It's fun to watch them.

brownie
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm glad the detectives are still in it too, although I wasn't surprised. When Phil didn't tell the first three teams at the Pit Stop that they were the "final three teams competing for a million dollars" (like he usually does at that point), I knew something was up.

I was finally able to watch the latest episode tonight. I told my sons that this was going to be a non-elimination round for this reason.

The Cowboys rock; I hope they're in the final leg.

pixiesmimi
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Was just able to watch last week's episode. At the end it said in memory of the little man "Ping". When did he pass away? I hadn't heard anything about it? So sad. He was so cute!

Boy, not sure I would have been able to do that puzzle challenge. So glad it wasn't an elimination round! China isn't an easy place to navigate to begin with. I can understand the frustration with the taxis.

TigChatt
04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Was just able to watch last week's episode. At the end it said in memory of the little man "Ping". When did he pass away? I hadn't heard anything about it? So sad. He was so cute!

Boy, not sure I would have been able to do that puzzle challenge. So glad it wasn't an elimination round! China isn't an easy place to navigate to begin with. I can understand the frustration with the taxis.

Yes, sadly it is true. He died April 26, 2010.

Tick-Tock
04-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, sadly it is true. He died April 26, 2010.

Actually, it was in mid-March (several news articles dated March 15/16 announced his passing).

It was heart problems when he was in Italy, apparently rather unexpected. He was only 21.

pixiesmimi
04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
I didn't realize he was that young. Just thought he was probably older but looking at the size of those cigarettes he was smoking, no wonder! Of course, with his size, they could have been regular cigarettes. So sad!

c&d
04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm glad to see the cops didn't get eliminated.

What I would love to see is an Amazing Race of Champions, bringing back all the teams and have them race around the world. Except the families, they stayed in the US if I recall correctly for their entire race. I would love to see some of the original teams again.

NJDad
05-01-2010, 10:09 AM
The family edition stayed in North America, but did go to several countries.

MNNHFLTX
05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Well--I would have preferred Louie and Michael have stayed instead of Brent and Caite, but thems the breaks! Hope the cowboys take it all!

brownie
05-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I was really hoping Brent & Caite would be eliminated last night. I hope the Cowboys take it all; go Cowboys!

Ian
05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I was kinda bummed to see the detectives go, but I wasn't really surprised. They seem to have burned all their energy on those two or three legs where they were at the front of the pack and then they just kinda fell off ... they probably should have paced themselves a little better.

In the end, I'm most surprised the brothers are still in it. They sort of seem to have stumbled their way through, catching a break here and a break there just enough to stick around. I'll personally be shocked if they don't come in third.

Did anyone else besides me find it funny when Brent was going on and on about how smart Caite really was only to have her take the longest to count those statues of any team member? ;)

thrillme
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
So sorry the detectives had to go. I really liked them...at least they had an "easy roadblock"...if only he didn't have to wait those 10 mins or counted the first two...maybe he would have beaten the bro's. I'm a little tired of Bret and Caite too. (Hey Bret...didn't she tell you to go before you left home??? LOL). I'm figuring too they are both just young and somewhat selfish. I wish they'd open their eyes and see the people of these other countries and what they have to be grateful for. Funny...in Survivor...I want people to PLAY the game...I want the strategy and twists...I want to see the fight. In Amazing Race...I expect people to race but I really prefer those people who "look around" and appreciate the opportunity they have to participate in other cultures and are kind to the hosts.

The brothers...the one...I'm getting a rather tired of his "hissy fits". One brother seems to be OK...the other...ARGH...:mad:

What is their problem they are in another country and they're SHOCKED that the cab drivers don't speak their language. Bret, Caite and the brothers seemed to be very nasty about this (well maybe not BOTH brothers just the annoying one)...SIGH...I REALLY wish the dectives were going through to the end.

laprana
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Did anyone else besides me find it funny when Brent was going on and on about how smart Caite really was only to have her take the longest to count those statues of any team member? ;)

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny, too! And they were both so adamant about proving that she really is intelligent in last night's episode, and "showing the world" that we all have the wrong opinion about her...well, if anything, my opinion that she really isn't too bright has been solidified after watching her and Brent on the race! :D

I'm bummed that the detectives are out, too, but I kind of expected it. I agree, they just sort of fizzled out the last couple of legs. But I would much rather see them racing to the end than Brent and Caite or the brothers.

Go Cowboys! I hope they win the whole thing and get their "Amazing Race Champions" belt buckles! :thumbsup:

Ian
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
...well, if anything, my opinion that she really isn't too bright has been solidified after watching her and Brent on the race! :DYeah, same here. CONFIRMED!

I actually forgot to comment on Jordan's little tirade against the cab driver. That was one of the most ridiculous rants I've ever seen on TAR. I mean I know the guy was frustrated, but come on ... yelling "FOLLOW!!! FOLLOW!!! It's so simple! Just FOLLOW!!" to a guy who doesn't speak English isn't going to help any. In fact, it just makes you look like a ... uh ... donkey (keeping it family friendly here).

I too have a very hard time figuring out why these people seem so surprised that a majority of folks outside the U.S. and the U.K. don't speak English?? :confused:

pixiesmimi
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I was so hoping that the detectives would beat out the brothers to Phil. (Sorry, mind went blank and couldn't remember what to call it.) :blush: What happened to the cowboys that they let Brent and Caite beat them there? Did they get turned around and go the wrong directions because they got there first. Go Cowboys! :thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
05-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah, same here. CONFIRMED!

I actually forgot to comment on Jordan's little tirade against the cab driver. That was one of the most ridiculous rants I've ever seen on TAR. I mean I know the guy was frustrated, but come on ... yelling "FOLLOW!!! FOLLOW!!! It's so simple! Just FOLLOW!!" to a guy who doesn't speak English isn't going to help any. In fact, it just makes you look like a ... uh ... donkey (keeping it family friendly here).

I too have a very hard time figuring out why these people seem so surprised that a majority of folks outside the U.S. and the U.K. don't speak English?? :confused:

LOL - I wonder what the cab driver thought about his American passengers having fits in his back seat. Also love the one brother talking LOUDER to a cab driver who doesn't speak English. As if volume had any connection to understanding.

Brent and Caite are irritating, but they are also lucky. They found their way to the Garden Bridge by asking the right person.

The detectives ran out of juice, for sure. They stood and stared when the kids found their stones in the shop. They also spent a lot of time talking about how hard it was to find their stones. Concentrating on the task is key.

My cowboys are still in the race - yippee.

c&d
05-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry to see the detectives go. I was really hoping B&C would be gone and I really didn't need to keep hearing him say how many times he had to go to the bathroom.

Go :cowboy:'s

pixiesmimi
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Spoiler Alert!
Well my team didn't win again. :( I'm not doing very good with my teams on reality shows. But close second! Just sorry the "whiners" actually pulled it off. How classless can you get with the lesbians at the end. At least have some class at the end and show you have SOME character. :ack:

Mousefever
05-09-2010, 10:03 PM
The cowboys are still the winners in my book. I liked them from the first "Oh my gravy!" I didn't mind Dan and Jordan until this last leg. They make me cringe. I'm sincerely happy that Caite and Brent didn't come close to winning. Why does she think she proved she is intelligent? All she proved is that she seriously lacks grace under pressure. Brandy's little snarky outburst at the end surprised no one.

Amy

Melanie
05-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh bro, say it ain't so! :down:

DizneyRox
05-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Carol and Brandy, classless to the end...

DisneyPrincess21
05-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Oh bro, say it ain't so! :down:

:funny:

Carol and Brandy, classless to the end...

:shake: All I can say to Carol & Brandy is, it is seriously time to grow up and stop being so petty. If being u-turned is seriously the worse thing that has ever happen to you in your life, then you lead a pretty charmed life and you should be greatful that is the worse thing you have ever had to deal with :rolleyes:

NotaGeek
05-10-2010, 03:02 AM
The Cowboys were classy and gentlemen, just as expected -- I hated that that brothers won and were totally awful about it ... and Caite has proven that she's an idiot on a global level.

NJDad
05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Wonder if the 'winning' brothers will check out how people felt about their victory on the webs...maybe their wish should have been to be on TAR and have people not want to root against you.

Ian
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Well this makes back-to-back disappointing endings for me for my favorite reality shows. I was very disappointed that Natalie won Survivor last season and now I'm very disappointed in the way TAR turned out.

So ... let's throw it out there. What was everyone's thought on the Great Airport Incident of 2010? Should the brothers have gotten in front of the Cowboys? More importantly, should the Cowboys have allowed them to jump in front of them so easily?

Here's my take ... I put 10% of the blame on the brothers for trying the stunt in the first place, but 90% of the blame on the Cowboys for allowing them to get away with it. If you really wanted to win it all there's no way you would have sat idly by and allowed that to happen.

Also, the brothers ended up using some smarts on the plane and finagling that first class upgrade anyway, so at the end of it all it probably didn't matter.

Kudos to the Cowboys, though, for picking up that San Fran guidebook. That was probably the only thing that kept it close.

And yeah, Brandy is just a classless troll. Even Carol was embarrassed at her behavior at the end! Did anyone see her just hiding her face in her hands when Brandy was going off?? Lame. Very lame. But I have to say, even though Caite isn't a favorite around here, I loved her comeback to Brandy ... "Well I guess it wasn't such a bad move, because I'm standing here and you're over there!"

jonsmom
05-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Classless move on Carol's part. What is the point? Ratings, drama?

Sad the cowboys didnt win.

Hated to see the brothers win after the rants in the cab.

MNNHFLTX
05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
So ... let's throw it out there. What was everyone's thought on the Great Airport Incident of 2010? Should the brothers have gotten in front of the Cowboys? More importantly, should the Cowboys have allowed them to jump in front of them so easily?

Here's my take ... I put 10% of the blame on the brothers for trying the stunt in the first place, but 90% of the blame on the Cowboys for allowing them to get away with it. If you really wanted to win it all there's no way you would have sat idly by and allowed that to happen.

I think it was childish that Jordan put his backpack in front of the Cowboys and expected that to give him "dibs" to that spot in line. What is he, five years old? Yes, I suppose that the Cowboys could have put up more of a fuss, but as they said at the end, there are some things more important than money and they finished the race with their integrity intact. They were one of the few teams I have ever seen on the race that never sniped at each other and were basically respectful of other teams. That makes them the real winners, IMO.

I was hoping that Jeff and Jordan's maneuvering to get into first class would come back to bite them in the end. But I guess the rule is that you can't buy first-class seats, but if you get a free upgrade that's okay?? :shrug: Anyway, if I never hear the expression "bro" again, it will be too soon. That was totally out of control on this leg.

I have nothing constructive to say about Caite and Brent either except that I don't see how their relationship can last after all the "shut-ups" and other venom they spewed at each other during this race. The only good thing they did was U-turn Carol and Brandy and Caite's only shining spot at the end was when she put Brandy in her place, yet again.

JanetMegan
05-10-2010, 08:58 AM
That ending stunk bro...

thrillme
05-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I concur with everyone else...The cowboys are the REAL winners hopefully they'll come back on an "All-Stars".

The "bro" jumping in front of him was totally tacky and I became even MORE disgusted than ever at him...You could tell that the cowboys really wanted to "take him out" or better yet..."hog tie" him. (America would have applauded you for that :thedolls:)... BUT...we all know it would have turned out ugly because Jordon especially has absolutely ZERO class. (edited per TOS)

I REALLY got sick of Jordon's crying, whining, cursing and babyish behavior. I might have been able to like Dan...but he stood by and did nothing.

What's wrong with the producers designing the game to have to cross the same place so that another team couldn't overtake them? Especially at the "end" of the race...That didn't seem too fair.:confused: I also didn't get why neither figured out that spinning was needed after watching the "whiny baby" spin for an hour. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to "nerves".

Brett and Caite...UGH...If I were that cab driver I would have stopped and let them out. How rude. I guess Brett did apologize in the end but still. I guess I didn't really care about Caite bragging a bit about her finish...whatever...I just figure she's 21 and has some growing up to do. So does Brett. I didn't appreciate their sniping at one another throughout the race.

Carol and Brandy...UGH...WHY do they think they are ABOVE everybody else. You got "U-Turned" it's part of the game deal with it. If you were "nicer" less insulting...maybe it wouldn't have been you. You came in first a few times...you were a strong competitor as well as a couple of others...Your nasty attitude just "sealed the deal".

I totally LOVE the COWBOYS:number1:. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an All Stars with them in it. Maybe the "Detectives" too.

c&d
05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I was hoping that the "good guys" would finish first. I had a feeling that once they flubbed the star wars challenge they couldn't win.

They were by far one of the classiest acts on all of the Amazing Races.

:number1: :cowboy:'s

laprana
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Yep, that was a bummer of an ending. I hated seeing the brothers win, but I'm glad that at least it wasn't Brent and Caite coming in first. I agree, if I had been their cab driver that they were cursing and screaming at, I would have dumped them on the curb and waved out the window as I drove away.

I so wish the cowboys had been the winners, but that's the way it goes I guess. They ran a great race and they were able to keep their integrity the entire time. I thought they were going to get into it with Jordan at the airport, but I was actually kind of glad they restrained themselves and kept their cool. The brothers came off looking like the jerks in that scenario. It was pretty funny, though, in the Star Wars challenge when Cord was shouting "Do a back flip! Hop, skip!" to throw Dan off. :thumbsup: I also hope the cowboys come back for an all stars race.

Carol and Brandy, especially Brandy, were absolutely ridiculous, the biggest sore losers I've ever seen. Get over it already!

Granny Jill A
05-10-2010, 01:23 PM

The cowboys probably thought it wouldn't matter so much that they weren't ahead of the Bro's. And, they were brought up to be gentlemen, in the truest sense of the word. I'm bummed that they didn't win the whole thing, but honestly, who is going to remember the Pious brothers as anything but whiney, classless guys.

Speaking of classless. The Drama Queen who was U-turned certainly left no doubt about her character at the end. Instead of being a good sport and congratulating the winners, she chose to shoot her mouth off and ruin the moment for everyone.

I so admire the Cowboys for staying true to themselves. You guys are the best.

Mousefever
05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Well this makes back-to-back disappointing endings for me for my favorite reality shows. I was very disappointed that Natalie won Survivor last season and now I'm very disappointed in the way TAR turned out.

Also, the brothers ended up using some smarts on the plane and finagling that first class upgrade anyway, so at the end of it all it probably didn't matter.

Kudos to the Cowboys, though, for picking up that San Fran guidebook. That was probably the only thing that kept it close.

And yeah, Brandy is just a classless troll. Even Carol was embarrassed at her behavior at the end! Did anyone see her just hiding her face in her hands when Brandy was going off?? Lame. Very lame. But I have to say, even though Caite isn't a favorite around here, I loved her comeback to Brandy ... "Well I guess it wasn't such a bad move, because I'm standing here and you're over there!"

A couple of comments. I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China.

I'm glad that Caite can figure out a quick response....except when asked about geography.

Amy

wdw dude
05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Definitely not the ending I wanted. :mad: I even liked Brent and Caite more than the winners. I would have liked to have seen them win just to annoy Carol & Brandy. What a couple of sore losers with some serious problems.

I did want the cowboys to win. Hope they return later.

:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Today I'm going to look at this in a positive light - the Cowboys sure did truely win big in all our hearts, along with our respect. Go Cowboys!

brownie
05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys really did leave the race with their integrity intact, and that is more important than winning the $1 million. I wouldn't be surprised if good things roll their way because of this, now that the race is over.

Brandy was completely classless. Caite tried to offer the peace pipe, which made Brandy look even more foolish.

I was hoping the Cowboys would win the $1 million, but I believe they won the race because of how they raced.

MNNHFLTX
05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Brandy was completely classless. Caite tried to offer the peace pipe, which made Brandy look even more foolish.I agree that Brandy has no class, but in all fairness Caite's apology certainly didn't mean anything at that point. In fact, I thought it was strange that Phil brought up the conflict at the end--I don't recall him stirring the pot at the end of any other TAR that I've watched. Made for a sour last couple of minutes of the race.

Melanie
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
In fact, I thought it was strange that Phil brought up the conflict at the end--I don't recall him stirring the pot at the end of any other TAR that I've watched. Made for a sour last couple of minutes of the race.

Yep, I said the same thing. It was a bizarre ending like no other. I don't recall them ever having interviews with those outside of the top three either.

Ian
05-11-2010, 07:45 AM
A couple of comments. I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China. I don't understand the assumption that it would have been a physical altercation?

I'm fairly certain that, had the Cowboys forced the issue to any degree, the "bros" would have backed down and given up their spot.

I certainly agree that it would have been a bad idea to start a fight, but they basically just gave up without even making much of an issue out of it. I think even a legitimate threat of an altercation would have been enough to move them out of the way.

But truth be told, as I said in my original post, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since the "bros" were smart and jumped up to first class.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with the brothers winning. They may not have been the most likeable team this season, but you have to give them credit for doing enough to make it to the final three and then pouring it on at the end. They were prepped to win it all when it really counted.

pixiesmimi
05-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Well the classless way Brandy handled it all will come back to bite her in her every day life after all the publicity. I wonder if she thought about that. Even Carol was embarrassed about her. The other couple that was U Turned and eliminated handled it with grace and never said anything about it. I was sorry that the show seemed to reward the people that showed whiny, embarrassing behavior in foreign countries, giving Americans that "ugly American" reputation again. I was very glad that the cowboys showed their grace and good manners all the way through. I bet they will get more out of it than the winners because of their "game play". My Momma would have "whooped" me if she had seen me act like that in public, especially in front of millions. Wonder what the families of these thought about their behavior. It was the worst ending to TAR I have ever seen. I wonder if Caite and Brent had won if Brandy would have thrown an even bigger fit seeing that she stood there not clapping when they came in. But everyone in the show knew how she was so they really weren't surprised.