PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it to make a reservation?

NewDVCowner
01-21-2010, 12:08 PM
So tomorrow is the day that I'm set to call in for my very first stay using my points! I'm quiet excited about it and am ready with the phone number, my alarm is set and I know which place I want to stay. This morning, though, I work up from a nightmare about not being able to get through and by the time I finally spoke with somebody there was nothing available. :confused:

I know that I'm trying to book during one of the busy times (Christmas) but I am at the 11 month window with my home resort. So, any words of encouragement for a first timer?

Thank you!:thumbsup:

Aryn

DizneyRox
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I've never had a time I couldn't get at my home resort before the 7 month window opens.

But, hopefully you're prepared (and able) to upgrade accomodations. There are certain room categories that are extremely limited and sell out rather quickly. For example, standard view studios at BWV seem to go quick, I've had to upgrade to a preferred on more than one occasion.

Horizon93
01-25-2010, 04:50 PM
What is your home resort? You really shouldn't have an issue at the 11 month window. Relax, and happy planning! And Welcome Home!

disneydad153
01-25-2010, 07:07 PM
We booked no problem at the 11 month mark at BLT. Just didnt get the standard view I wanted. Had to get Lake view for a few more points. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
I agree that you should be able to get a room at your home resort at the 11 month window. Some size/categories may be more limited at certain resorts so you may not get exactly what you want but still at the 11 month window it should work out. I would call first thing in the morning on the first day of that window. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
You really should be just fine at the 11-month window. That's a HUGE advantage of it being your home resort. Good luck and enjoy your stay!

NewDVCowner
01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone! I called right at 6:00 (I'm on the west coast) and got right through. They only had one room of the type I was looking for and I got it! Yeah! I'm glad I didn't sleep in!

I'm really looking forward to this trip. Now I get to REALLY start planning. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
That's great!! I am glad you got your first choice for the room & dates! :mickey: