PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Media Personality/ personalities

gueli
01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi folks.

Who is your favorite media personality? This can be talk show hosts, late night show hosts, news people, sportscasters ... let us Know who you like & why & what makes them good Media Personalities -- keep in mind, there's no political discussions allowed on INTERCOT, so keep your remarks focused on the WHO's and let's not go back and forth about content or message.

Gueli
:mickey:

The Reservoir Dog
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Whatever television I watch when I'm in America I can't really state anyone in particular as I've not had enough time each visit to really form any great opinion.

However here in the UK we get ESPN America so my vote is Woody Paige from Around The Horn. Woody is a sports writer based in Denver. He seems like a fun guy, certainly a great character, very engaging but most of all enjoys what he does and seems to know what he's talking about but I'm sure people will disagree with that.

On the whole it's a very good, informative show and has helped me learn much more about your sports.

PTI is also very good.

Scar
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM
My current favorite: Brit Hume.

J-E-T-S

Nini
01-22-2010, 01:04 AM
I love Bill Schulz, Greg Gutfeld and Andy Levy. I'm a huge "Red Eye" fan! (The only thing I'll watch on Fox News Network!) They are so funny!

Also,
Anderson Cooper
Willie Geist
Dr. Sanjay Gupta (Wow, what a guy!)

Denise

diz_girl
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
My list would be -

Brian Williams - He's great at making fun of himself.
Anderson Cooper - He didn't forget about post-Katrina New Orleans when all of the other news organizations did.
Dr. Sanjay Gupta - Pretty amazing and dreamy too.

gueli
01-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Well my favorite media personality is the man who changed Radio.

This person I first heard in afternoon drive time in the early '80's. Then he went to mornings. Then he became #1 in the morning drive time. He was the first person that I am aware of, who started broadcasting in another city - Philladelphia - and within a short amount of time, became their #1 morning personality also. Then he went to other big market cities, including washington, Los Angles and Detroit. And in each city he became #1. He launched a TV show, which became a succesful hit on cable. He wrote books. He made a movie.
Than in 2005 he made an anocemnt that would change the commercial radio forever- he was leaving and going to Satelite radio.
At the height of his commercial radio carear he had over 20 MILLION listeners. Every Day. More than leno and letterman combined. When he left commercial radio, over 5 million people agreed to pay to hear him on satelite radio.
Do you know what happened to the other 15 Million radio listeners ? No one does. They apparently stopped listening to commercial radio & dissapeared from the advertisers radar.
Within 2 years after his departure, CBS radio (viacom radio ?) lost hundreds of millions of dollars, and its value was greatly reduced. Its ratings went from the top in the market, to the bottom.

The Media personality I admire most is Howard Stern. He still is on satellite radio, he still has a TV show. I admire him for getting me to laugh most every day.
:mickey:

murphy1
01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Anderson Cooper and Jon Stewart, need I say more?? One does great news and the other is just funny! Love Steve Colbert too!