PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging an 8 day Parkhopper to an AP

PetefromRI
01-21-2010, 09:31 AM
This should be easy for all the ticket experts out there.In May we are doing a split stay,5 nights POFQ,3 nights Poly.We are starting at the POFQ with an 8 Day PH and 5 day QSDP.The last 3 days we'll use our 500.00 gift card from the first reservation to the POFQ, for food and spending at the Poly.Can we go to guest services and pay the difference between the 8 Day PH and get AP's?I'm pretty sure that I can but I figured that I'd ask the experts.

DizneyRox
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
APs are done through Guest Relations at the parks and DTD. They can't be done through the normal ticket purchasing locations (or haven't in the past).

But, yes, you can upgrade one ticket for another ticket. Disney is more than happy to take more money from it's guests. If you wanted to downgrade an AP to an 8 day ticket though, the answer would be no.

CleveRocks
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Tickets can be upgraded to APs at the regular ticket booths at the theme parks and even at the water parks (in addition to guest relations locations). However, a RESORT cannot do anything related to APs.

PetefromRI
01-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll just go to guest services at the themepark.The same place that I picked up my first AP a few years ago.I figure for about 400.00 and change we could upgrade to an AP.Thanks for the quick replies.

wdwnomad
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
My advice before you do it is to know what the upgrade cost is going to be. I've done many MYW ticket upgrades to AP's. I always thought the process would be quick and simple. Unfortunately, pretty much everytime there was one problem or another. Knowing how much it is going to cost helps alot.