PDA

View Full Version : DME Luggage Stickers

BigRedDad
01-21-2010, 08:39 AM
How many luggage stickers is WDW sending now for DME? We will be a party of 4 with most likely 5-6 checked bags. If they only send one per person, I guess I will have to mark the others. Is there a way to request more?

WishingStar2006
01-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Yes, just call them and they will send one more per person on the reservation...no hassle or problem!!!

Tink#64
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
:blush: Has something changed? I know that in the past (it's been a few years since we've flown & used DME), at least I thought, that we got 2 of the luggage tags per peron. :confused: I know that we usually check 2 bags per person. :confused:

CleveRocks
01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
:blush: Has something changed? I know that in the past (it's been a few years since we've flown & used DME), at least I thought, that we got 2 of the luggage tags per peron. :confused: I know that we usually check 2 bags per person. :confused:Disney has responded to the reality that many people are checking fewer than 2 bags per person nowadays, since many airlines started charging fees for checked bags. To save their own costs as well as to be "green," they now mail out only one DME tag per person. But as already stated, they'll happily send more upon request ... call DME directly at 866-599-0951.

The other important thing to remember is that you can still use the DME luggage service even without the DME luggage tags. WHen you check-in at the DME counter, they'll ask if you tagged your bags, and you'll say NO. They'll ask to see your baggage claim tickets and also ask for a physical description of each bag. A cast member will then be dispatched to the correct baggage claim carousel and will ghrab your bags for you, then take them back behind-the-scenes in the airport. There, the CM will print out a new DME luggage tag (it will be white, not the familiar yellow), will affix it to the bag, and then will bring the bag to the nearest collection area where it will be picked up with other DME bags and will be taken to Disney's luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport, and from there it will be loaded into locked cages and loaded onto GPS-tracked luggage delivery trucks, and so on ....:cool:

Tink#64
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Wow! I kind of guessed that this may be due to cutbacks! Thanks CleveRocks! I will simply request extra tags! All of our luggage doesn't match, maybe 2 of this or 4 of this, but I don't want to have to track & follow certain pieces, to me that's the beauty of DME! Thanks for the heads up, when I call WDW with flight info I will request extra tags. :thanks:

Dream'nDisney
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
How far in advance of your trip can you request tags? When I made our reservation for our upcoming June trip, the CM said they couldn't request more at that time??? So I thought I would request them myself through DME. Do I need to wait until closer to our trip?

CleveRocks
03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Do it as early as possible.

The "regular" reservations CMs just don't have accurate information regarding DME. For anything DME related, please call DME directly and you'll get an accurate answer every time! :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks. I'll give them a call.