PDA

View Full Version : Wait times text message

elmjimmlm
01-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Disney is now offering a third way to find out the wait times and hours of their parks. Along with the Verizon Mobile app and the mobile website m.disneyworld.com you can now check the wait times, hours and more via text message.

Anyone with a US mobile phone can sign up for this program. You do have to register your phone number and put in the dates of your visit when registering. You will be able to check wait times up to four times per day, Park hours 4 times per day, Character locations up to 4 times per day and Resort Information.

Here is the site to register...
http://www.disneyparksmobile.com/textmessaging/

JPL
01-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Sounds like they are trying to quiet the masses until they sort out the phone compatibility issues This was a very poor rollout by Disney

WDWfanatic742
01-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I wonder if you get the actual times this way or just the generalized times like you get from the site...

Other than that, one more way to appeal to the masses. So good job Disney :thumbsup:

brer frog
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
any update on this? i'm going down the end of the month, and would like to use this feature

JPL
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I haven't heard anything new about the Text Messaging options but information is very difficult to come by and then not always very accurate.

Maleficent's Dad
03-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I haven't heard anything new about the Text Messaging options but information is very difficult to come by and then not always very accurate.
Jeff,
The Verizon app was very accurate when we used it during President's Week in February. It's pricey, but not overly difficult to come by (as long as you have a compatible phone!!!).

Kenny1113
03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Just registered for the text messaging for our trip next weekend. I will fill you in on how accurate it is. ;)

JPL
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Jeff,
The Verizon app was very accurate when we used it during President's Week in February. It's pricey, but not overly difficult to come by (as long as you have a compatible phone!!!).

I was talking more about the information regarding the services from Verizon and Disney they really don't have their act together. Disney Blames Verizon and Verizon blames Disney why certain phones are not offered yet.