PDA

View Full Version : Walk-in for Rose/Crown or Le Cellier for Dinner?

SandmanGStefani24
01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Me and the Mrs plan on eating at both the Rose and Rown and Le Cellier this next trip. Question is, does it get difficult to get a table either in the day or the evening? Any tips or are we going to be ok? Either more favorable for lunch versus dinner? Thanks!:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Those are very popular places and I would suggest making adr's for them. I don't think I have heard of anyone getting a walk-up seating at LeCellier even when going at opening. It is one of the most popular places to eat. It also depends on when you plan to go. If you are going during spring breaks, holidays, summer, or during a free dining promotion your chances are next none.

faline
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
If you have your heart set on eating at these spots, make a reservation. I've witnessed numerous folks getting turned away from both spots even if they were were willing to make a reservation for another day!

On the other had, we have been successful at being seated for lunch at Le Cellier as a lunch walk-up by being there just before opening and waiting - this was on a last-minute early June weekend trip. We were prepared to be turned away and were pleasantly surprised to be seated.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2010, 08:56 PM
We have had luck being seated for lunch at Rose & Crown, even during free dining. But, we were quite late in the lunch period!

I've seen so many people turned away from so many places (especially Le Cellier) that I wouldn't risk it. You can always cancel an ADR that you decide you don't want.

DVC2004
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
These two places are pretty popular. I would say definitely not for Le Cellier and a shakey mayeb for R & C. Try to get ADRs if you really want to eat at either. Good luck!:mickey:

MOJoe
01-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Me and the Mrs plan on eating at both the Rose and Rown and Le Cellier this next trip. Question is, does it get difficult to get a table either in the day or the evening? :

The short answer is Yes.
On my last trip, i was walking to LeCellier for lunch, when a young couple with a child joined me. "Let's see when we can get in here." the husband said to his wife. "You don't have a reservation?" "No." he said. "This is the hardest place to get a table in WDW," i tell him. Unfazed he says, "I've done this before."

I let him go ahead, and as i walk up i hear the CM tell him, "I'm sorry sir, but we have been fully booked for 3 months." He looks at me somewhat surprised and says, "Well, you were right!"

I witnessed similar things happening at the Rose & Crown.

So why it may be possible to just walk up at these places, the better bet is to get a reservation.

Joannelet
01-21-2010, 04:17 PM
definitely get a reservation. While lunch at le cellier maybe possible, depending on when you go or it may not be.
Just make adr's so that you know you are in!!!
Otherwise you can try but just be prepared to not get in.

mom2Z&A
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Two nights ago we managed to get an ADR for Le Cellier for our trip during the last week in April,:D, 2:00 pm for my group of 4. Over an 8 day stretch, we only found 2 late lunch seatings when browsing through the online reservations. Can't hurt to try...but definitely do the ADR and definitely look for a time around 2:00 pm. You may have better luck as it would be after the lunch rush but before the dinner rush. Just my :twocents: