PDA

View Full Version : Free dining 2010?

tink03
01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Already starting to plan my sept 2010 trip but not sure what to choose. I got a pin (yeah 1st ever!!) but I am undecided as to which is the better deal 35% off or free dining ? Does anybody really :secret: know if free dining is even going to be offered this year I do know it was offered to the Uk. Also we are thinking of taking :train: instead of flying so any info would be great!!

Sept 2010 POR French
Sept 2009 CS
Sept 2008 POR Riverside
Sept 2007 CBR
May 2006 POR
June 2004 CBR

PetefromRI
01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
It really depends on where your staying and how many are going to tell if it's a good deal or not.Obviously if there are only 2 people going and your staying at the Poly the 35% is a better deal.If you stay at a value resort and there are 4 adults then the free meal plan will be a better bargain.Throw some numbers around and we'll all help or better yet,call MJ and let them do the work for you.

JenniferS.
01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I just got my first pin code ever and we aren't even able to go this year. :) It is for FREE dining between August-October. Maybe it will be announced for everyone again. I thought they announced it in May, not sure.

Strmchsr
01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I thought they announced it in May, not sure.

Previously it has been announced around the first week of April. That said, Disney has already gone on record as saying they would be scaling back their discounts for the second half of the year. Doesn't mean they won't have "free" dining but I would expect it to be something like the tiered offering we saw last fall.

wdwnomad
01-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I heard Disney released a bunch of pin codes today. Be sure to check your email.

From what I have gathered there are many different offers associated with the pin codes. Some are for free dining (quick service at the values and basic dining at moderates and above) from August to the begining of October. The gift card offer but for later in the year. Percent off the rooms. And I think free ticket upgrade for PH and WPM.

Mitzie
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I also had a pin code in my in-box. It was until Oct. 3rd I think. 4th night free if you book 3 at a deluxe or villa. We can't use it as we are wanting to go the end of Oct. hoping for something at that time of the month.:fingers:

xfiles1978
01-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I had heard of and seen alot of posting about these pin codes. How do you get on an email listing to recieve them?

faline
01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
No-one knows for sure how folks are selected for the pin codes. To increase your chances of receiving one, create a log-in for yourself on the official Disney web site. Also, order the free vacation planning dvd offered on the Disney site. These actions seem to increase the odds of receiving some of these offers.

Disneyfirsttimer
01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Also we are thinking of taking :train: instead of flying so any info would be great!!

We considered taking the train instead of flying but heard a lot of negative. We were considering Amtrak. The biggest downside seemed to be the length of the trip and the cleanliness of the restrooms. It is over 24 hours on the train. I think I would drive before taking the train. Just my opinion. Flights were so expensive out of the NYC area airports that we are taking SW out of Albany. Crazy!

peemagg
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
I took a train once from Windsor to Montreal. It took over 10 hrs and was fun at first, but quickly got old. Because of the speed of the train you really can't see much, but a blur of the countryside. I don't know if I would do it again if given the choice.

shan-ash
01-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I would talk with magical journeys to help figure out the best deal! Karen has done a ton of work for me over the past 10 days with getting my family the best deal with different discounts for our upcoming July trip.:thumbsup: