View Full Version : Her fairy tale has just begun - Day 3 Part 2

IloveJack
01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Walt Disney World Trip: September 30-October 3, 2009
Cast: Myself, 28, 5th trip
David, 24, 3rd trip
Sammie, turning 1, 1st trip

Friday, Oct. 2: EPCOT
We went on over to Club Cool, and I got Sammie some watermelon soda. Man, she couldn't get enough of that stuff. I ended up having to change her clothes though, as she got it all over her.
Then we went to the Velcro place, got 3 frogs, and dressed them. Ugh, they came back to haunt me later. Those things kept popping up, stuck on everything!
We went back to World Showcase then, just to make our way around once more. Neither of us had ever ridden the Grand Fiesta Tour, so we go in line. Sammie conked out during it, so we just strolled afterwards, not knowing we were about to have a character tour.
We saw Donald dressed as a Caballero, so I got my picture with him. I am a Spanish teacher, after all. Then we saw Mulan in China. Sammie woke back up just in time to see her. Then it was on to Germany, where we saw Snow White (and another no-shoes, no-standing PPCM).
I asked where to find Belle in France, so we were the first in line, and waited to see her. We talked to the PPCM, who'd just had a baby, in Argentina no less! Again, Sammie was entranced by the jewel on Belle's dress. We also saw Aurora in France, but she wasn't really all that talkative. Sammie tried to steal her gem, as well.... our little princess.
By then, it was time for dinner at the Rose and Crown. This is our favorite WS restaurant, and it's a must-do. We were seated outside, on the upper level, and it was nice. I had bangers and mash, and David had surf and turf. He loves the fish and chips there, but decided against it, as he'd had it for lunch.
A friend of mine had given me a picture frame before our trip. It was pewter, with Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, and Roo and said “A grand family.” However, we hadn't been able to find Eeyore, or Pooh and Tigger together. Well, we lucked out in England. I asked where to find them, guessing we'd see Pooh, or Tigger, or maybe Eeyore. Who'd have guessed we'd see all three together! We got a family pic with all three of them... perfect for my frame! Oh, and we got a great pic of Sammie kissing Pooh on the nose. Appropriate, seeing as how he'd brought her around just the day before.
Soon afterwards, I got a good scare. Until this point, we've kept the footrest (for newborns) up in the stroller. That way, Sammie's toys, food, etc., couldn't fall out. Well, she was getting longer, and her feet were in a bind, so I lowered it, and didn't think to strap her in. She rode fine, until we were walking through Canada. All of a sudden, the stroller went over a bump... Good thing it did! The bump was Sammie. She'd slid out, tried to stand, and I'd run over her! Oh my word! I was so worried, but she barely cried. In fact, if I hadn't run her over, we might have walked past. I learned my lesson... she still gets strapped in, footrest or not!
We decided then to stake out our spot for Illuminations. It's David's favorite, and I wanted to film it. However, Sammie had other ideas. She'd been great for three days. However, the lack of naps, and over-stimulation had finally gotten to her. She had a major meltdown. She was so sleepy, but refused to sleep. I tried and tried to get her to calm down. Finally, David took her. He left me with the stroller, and they went for a walk. They walked quite a while, and while they were out, he bought me a Tink pin for my birthday (as it was coming in 12 days). He's so sweet!
When they returned, Sammie was sleeping, and we were able to enjoy the show. We wandered around WS afterwards until they finally told us we had to go. It's so peaceful when there's no one around.
We returned to our room to pack and shower. It was a good thing I brought that extra bag with us. With Sammie's birthday present and the scrapbook, plus all the things I'd kept to go in it... we needed that bag.

yjgirl32
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I have truly enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks so much for sharing.

KylesMom
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
It sounds like you've really got some delightful pictures for your scrapbook. Let me tell you, I love those PP CMs and the pictures that they take of our entire family. Looking at our albums, I know that I have been on vacation, too - unlike when DS was younger! :D

Oh no - not the dreaded packing! :( Off to your final installment . . .

faline
01-20-2010, 07:25 PM
The change in routine can be really tough on kids. We went to Dismey in December with our 2 year old nephew and he did really well but also had some meltdowns towards the end of the trip!

Still, you had a mostly lovely day! You mist have gotten some wonderful pictures with the characters!

pdrlkr
01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I think Sammie did great. Only one meltdown during the trip., she's a good sleeper and that helps. The stroller accident sounded scary. Glad all was ok.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update

vizsla
01-26-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 08:50 AM
thats so awesome you were able to find pooh tigger and eeyore all in one spot..that pic must look great in that frame!
im a huge illuminations fan also!! i could watch it every night!! =)
sounds like a pretty good night..even with sammies meltdown..she has done very well on this trip!!! :mickey:

January-2007
02-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: