View Full Version : Her fairy tale has just begun - Day 3 Part 1

IloveJack
01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Walt Disney World Trip: September 30-October 3, 2009
Cast: Myself, 28, 5th trip
David, 24, 3rd trip
Sammie, turning 1, 1st trip

Friday, Oct. 2: EPCOT
We were up at 8:00 as I wanted to make park opening. We had a quick "snack" breakfast of pastries from the resort food court and were on our way to the bus stop. EPCOT is our favorite park, and we try to save the best for last.
I hadn't ridden the new SE, and David never had, so we stopped there first. For it being so early in the morning, it was a walk-on. The video was a cute idea, but it captured my face and Sammie's, and left David completely out of it. Oh well.
We were headed to the Seas, but decided to stop and see the characters first. I figured the lines would only get longer as the day went on. We were in line for almost an hour as it was.
I had brought Sammie's ears, and the characters seemed to really like our "tiny mouse." She saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto. This was the first PPCM who wouldn't allow us to put her down without shoes on her. She hates shoes (or still did then, at least) and was rather used to being barefoot. Plus, it was a carpeted room. But whatever, I ended up holding her for all five of them. She kissed Pluto's nose and Donald's beak, wouldn't stop touching Mickey's face, and gave Goofy a high five.
We stopped outside long enough to watch a little of the kitchen band (I don't know their real name) before heading on to the Seas. Sammie loved this. Of course, she was getting an aquarium with 2 fish for her b-day when we got home, so I wasn't surprised. She could watch fish for days. We spend the most time at the aquariums when we visit our local zoo, just because we have to peel her away. I videoed the ride, so she can watch it at home, too.
Then we spent a little more time with the real fish at the ride's exit. David took her to get her picture taken in the shark's mouth. It took a while, since there was much pushing and line jumping to get there. I was a little worried about Sammie being in the midst of it, but David just held her up high. We found the hidden Mickey, too.
By then, it was time for World Showcase to open, so we went to Norway to do a Kim Possible mission. We enjoyed it, but it was so backed up that we decided not to do another one. I think we'll wait til it's not so new, so that we're not seeing what's ahead just because we're waiting to move along. Plus, I think it would be more fun if there was less "talking" between missions. Then again, that may be because I'm an adult.
We strolled along the concourse, visiting different lands. Then, we got apple streudel from the Germany kiosk (F&WF) and had a seat on a bench. I nursed Sammie and we relaxed. We were in no hurry. Amazing how not doing thrill rides can open up your day.
We returned to Norway to ride Maelstrom. I wasn't too impressed, and we didn't stay for the movie. I wanted to try the beef and sweet potatoes from South Africa, so we went to that kiosk. We shared, even with Sammie.
We stopped to see Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco. Sammie was entranced by the jewel on Jasmine's top. She kept trying to grab it. Jasmine was good at staying in character and not getting embarrassed or mean about it.
By then, we were hungry, so we went to Yorkshire to get fish and chips. I guess I disagree with the majority of I'cot on this one, as I think Rose and Crown's are better. But they were still good. We couldn't find a table, so we wandered across the road. I'm glad we did, as King Arthur and his players were just setting up. We had a mini dinner and show.
Since we were on the cusp of Future World, we decided to go ride Journey into Imagination. I haven't ridden this since 1998, and David never had. It was nice, and Sammie liked it, but I am still biased. The old JIYI was just better.
We walked back toward the Seas and spotted Chip and Dale. If Pixie Hollow made our trip, this came in a close second. First of all, who knew Dale could sign behind his head and upside down? David took a picture of it. It looked amazing! But that's not the point...
When Chip and Dale saw Sammie (who by the way was on the concrete in bare feet and no one said anything) they fell in love. They played with her for quite a while, although she was biased to Dale, and then they took her for a walk, each holding a hand. David took pics, but the PPCM got some amazing ones. Truthfully, it's one of those pictures that you see in Disney paraphernalia. I wouldn't be surprised if the picture ended up somewhere; it was such a Disney moment.
Oh, and remember that pin we found in Astro Orbiters? We traded it to the CM for a Love Bug pin to commemorate our stay at ASMovies!

yjgirl32
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Such a great report. Thanksfor sharing.

KylesMom
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
It sounds like you've been very successful in navigating EPCOT with Sammie. More great character interaction - and the whole scene with Chip & Dale sounds so cool! What a Disney moment, huh?

Another fab day so far . . . :thumbsup: :mickey:

faline
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Somehow I skipped over this report so am backtracking! Great fun! What a wonderful time with Chip and Dale! Really special memories!

pdrlkr
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
The pictures you're capturing sound wonderful. I'd love to see them! A great day so far.

Joannelet
01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Great report! I am enjoying reading all of these!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for reporting

vizsla
01-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 08:46 AM
sounds like a great day so far at epcot!!
i too miss the old JIYI..i really dont get one disney messes with some rides sometimes! ugh..lol..
some of these pictures you got during your trip sound amazing and simply picture perfect! :mickey:

January-2007
02-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: