PDA

View Full Version : Her fairy tale has just begun - Day 2 Part 1

IloveJack
01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Walt Disney World Trip: September 30-October 3, 2009
Cast: Myself, 28, 5th trip
David, 24, 3rd trip
Sammie, turning 1, 1st trip

Thursday, Oct 1: 1900 Park Fair Birthday Breakfast, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
As it would be a long day, I didn't get an early wake-up call. It still came at 8:30, but for a family that gets up at 6:00 every morning, that was fine. David and I got showers, and then I woke Sammie up for her mini-party. I dressed her in her other birthday onesie, (this one was pink, with all the princesses, and said, "I'm turning one. My fairy tale has just begun.") and sat her with her present. She enjoyed getting it out of the bag more than anything, and really liked her book. She also got a Happy Birthday call from Goofy, so I put it on speaker phone for her.
Then it was off to the bus stop to catch the bus to the MK. Again, we played the Disney transport game of bus to the park, something else back to a resort. It might be time-consuming, but it was definitely cheaper than a rental car, less annoying than finding parking and walking, and easier than dealing with a car seat on the airplane. We caught the monorail to the GF from there.
Sammie got a call from Nana (my mom) on the monorail. She wished her a happy birthday. Sammie was just learning that phones go on your ear, so it was rather a cute moment.
We had yet another long wait, so I nursed Sammie in the lobby of the GF. What a beautiful place! It we ever strike it rich, we may stay here someday. Oh, and this is when our unplanned purchase happened. David couldn't handle the sun another day, so he bought a pair of sunglasses in the gift shop. More than we'd have liked to pay, and not in the budget, but it was worth it to keep him happy.
We were seated in the corner, which is always nice with a highchair. The characters had just left our room, so we got some food and tried to start eating. I say tried, because Tigger showed up soon afterwards. Uh oh, it's last night all over again. Tigger scared Sammie. I began to get a little worried, as I had planned to see lots of characters on this trip. That's the point of taking an infant to the World, right?
Sammie went back to eating, loving her yogurt (her favorite at the moment) and Mickey waffles (going to have to buy one of those irons!). Soon, Pooh entered the room.
When he made it to Sammie, a transformation occurred. I don't know what did it, but Sammie loved Pooh. She even gave him a hug. Then we saw Mary Poppins, and Alice, and the Mad Hatter... she loved them all. Mary Poppins even sat for a while, singing Happy Birthday and playing Pat-A-Cake with Sammie. And when Tigger came by again, Sammie got in the floor and danced with him!
Whew! Mommy fears relieved!
Our waitress brought Sammie out a birthday cupcake, plus a certificate and placemat. Sammie picked at the cupcake for a while, before doing a face splat. It made for great pictures!
Speaking of pictures, I take my own. The only professional pictures of Sammie that we have is the one of her in the hospital (and I wish I had done it myself, it was boring) and her first visit with Santa Claus. I got suckered into paying lots of money for them, cause I can't say no to any pic of her. So, I've taken all her "milestone" pics, saving us money, and being able to keep all the poses.
Anyhow, as it was time for her 12-month pics, we went for a walk on the beach at the GF. She didn't like the hammock, but once she got used to it, she loved the sand. I had brought along some Finding Nemo sand toys, and she had a ball filling them and dumping them.
By then, we decided it was time for a swim, so we took the monorail back to the MK, and caught the bus to ASM. We got into our swim wear and headed to the pool. We swam in the big pool for a while, taking turns holding Sammie. Then we took her to the kiddie pool. She loved it! For a girl who doesn't like getting her face wet, she loved this. She went back and forth, from the fountains to the pool. We couldn't believe it!
We went back to the room to clean up and dry off. Sammie napped and so did David. I got a shower and organized our luggage and purchases while they slept. (I can't stand to have to do it all at the end of the trip). Once they woke, they got a shower, and I dressed Sammie. I put her in a Minnie and Daisy onesie and shorts, and took her costume with us. David and I decided not to dress up, but wore our Halloween themed Disney shirts instead. At 3:00, we were headed to the MK.

SBETigg
01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Aww. There is nothing cuter than seeing a little one hug Pooh. So glad she danced with Tigger, too! Wow! What a great time :)

Joannelet
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
we loved that character breakfast! It is now one of our favorites!
I actually have a picture of my son kissing Pooh's butt there!!! LOL its the funniest picture! My son would throw a fit when the characters left our table. I think he thought they should stay by him all day and amuse him! :)
I'm so happy that Sammie isn't afraid of the characters!! I don't know what I would do if my 1 year old was afraid! I would probably cry LOL
I am also amazed that yours wasn't afraid of the Mad Hatter either! I was shocked because I thought that one would send my son to tears but when he started cracking up at him I was shocked!!! I mean the Mad Hatter looks kind of scary!

yjgirl32
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
A great start to a great day. Can;t wait to hear more. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Yay - I'm so pleased to hear that Sammie is beginning to relax around the characters and that a great time was had at 1900. Happy Birthday to Sammie! :party:

faline
01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
What a great 1st birthday celebration! Sammie was probably too tired the night before to enjoy the characters! Glad she's having fun with them now!

pdrlkr
01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2010, 12:57 PM
How great Sammie warmed up to the characters at this breakfast! Love all the little Disney onesies you are putting her in too. She sounds like a good little traveler!

vizsla
01-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
good start to day 2:)

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 08:06 AM
another great start to a day!!
sorry you had to go out of budget..but at least your hubby wouldnt get any more headaches from the sun..and at least your emergency off budget purchase was just sunglasses and nothing really really expensive..
so happy sammie ended up liking the characters..i hope it lasts the rest of the trip!:mickey:

January-2007
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: