View Full Version : Her fairy tale has just begun - Day 1 Part 2

IloveJack
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Walt Disney World Trip: September 30-October 3, 2009
Cast: Myself, 28, 5th trip
David, 24, 3rd trip
Sammie, turning 1, 1st trip
Wednesday, Sept. 30: Arrival, Downtown Disney, Fantasia Gardens, Chef Mickey's
I wanted to use our half-off voucher for mini-golf, so we headed to the Swan on the bus. Sammie napped on the ride, which was the theme of the trip. She slept well on the go, which gave us much extra adventure time.
We were smart, and asked for directions once we got to the Swan. We found our way through the resort and across the street. Sammie was still sleeping in the stroller as we paid and got our putters. By this time, David was really wishing he'd not left his sunglasses at home. He always wears a cap, so they usually aren't an issue, but this Florida sun glaring off the sidewalks was giving him a massive headache. We couldn't afford the Disney golf glasses, so he just took some Tylenol and we went on.
What a cute course! We had lots of fun playing around with all the decorations. I took lots of pictures, and we enjoyed ourselves a lot. Of course, we didn't know about the surprise at the end, while walking under the Fantasia buckets. That woke Sammie up, but she wasn't upset and I was glad to have her back awake. As for who won, we quit keeping score. It was more fun that way.
After that, we decided to take the Friendship to DHS, as it was a nicer ride than the busses. It might not have been the best idea though, as we had to wait through 2 busses to get a ride back to our resort. I wish the rule with the ECVs wasn't that the entire group got to load up before all else. A group of about 25 got on with 2 ECVs, and we had to wait. Oh well, such is life.
A family was leaving as we were coming in to the resort and asked if they could buy us dinner. They had two counter service meals left and wanted to give them to us. So they bought us each a mini-pizza, a Mickey Rice Krispie treat, and a drink. Yeah, I know it's technically against the rules, but it was nice of them, and it gave us a good little snack since we had such a late dinner.
We went back to our room to refresh a bit, and so that I could change Sammie's clothes. I had made two onesies for this trip, and the first one was purple, with Baby Minnie, opening a gift. It said, "I'm spending my 1st birthday with Mickey!" I knew that we had precious little time to get going, so we hurried back out to the bus stop.
The plan was to catch the MK bus and then ride the monorail back to the Contemporary. However, it was 8:45, and the MK closed at 9:00 that night. When the driver saw us get on the bus, he asked where we were going. I told him that we really needed to get to the Contemporary, as we had 9:30 ADR's at Chef Mickey's. He said that was fine, told some other people that he was out of service as they tried to get on, and off we went. It was so relaxing to have a dark, quiet bus ride to ourselves.
Then, much to our surprise, our driver went a little off course. He took us straight to the Contemporary, so we wouldn't have to walk. I thanked him, and asked his name (William from Providence, Rhode Island). He made our night a little more special!
We checked in to Chef Mickey's, but as we had quite a wait, we shopped a bit. We didn't buy anything, but it was nice to look around. A CM invited me to a pin party the next night, but I told him we had tickets to the Halloween party and wouldn't be able to make it.
Then we heard a boom. All of a sudden, I came to my senses and realized what time it was, and where we were. I drug David out to the veranda, and we watched Wishes from the patio. Sammie didn't like it much, wincing and whimpering each time she heard the booms, so it was a good thing that our beeper went off soon.
Booms weren't the only thing Sammie didn't like. Minnie came by our table first, and out came clingy Sammie. She didn't like these crazy mice at all! I had bought a birthday card for Sammie with Minnie and a giant 1 on it. I brought it with us, in lieu of an autograph book. Since she didn't want the characters stopping by, I asked our waitress if she could take the card to the back and have the characters sign it. It was the best idea I've had in a while. Great signatures, and a wonderful keepsake!
Since Sammie was having such a rough time, another CM brought her an illusive Tink (so named from our last trip, if you remember my report... if not, it's one of the green, light-up Tinks from the Pirate Punch cups). She was happy with her Tink, and calmed down some.
It took us so long to feed her and eat ourselves, that we were there past closing. In fact, we saw each character 3-4 times. They didn't seem to mind, and we weren't rushed at all. However, we were out so late that I didn't know how to get back to ASM without calling a taxi. I asked a CM and they told me about the walkway to the MK. We strolled to the MK, and caught a very lonely bus back to our room. Sammie, of course, slept on the ride back.
I woke her up to nurse her, then after she fell asleep, I got her gift ready for the next morning. I'd brought a gift bag and some tissue with us, along with another card, so I set them up on the other bed for her to find when she woke.

yjgirl32
01-20-2010, 03:10 PM
That was so nie of the driver. Glad to hear you got some "magic". We did too on our trip in Sept for our anniversary. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, you sure kept moving your first afternoon! We've never hit the mini-courses at Disney - one of these days we're going to have to take time to visit. It sounds really fun!

It's hard at Sammie's age to know what your child will take to and what they want no part of until you're "there". Although Sammie wasn't interested in carrying on with the characters, I hope you enjoyed yourselves at Chef Mickey's. You're certainly due for a good nights' sleep! :mickey:

faline
01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
It's hard to know how kids will deal with the characters. Sammie has certainly had a very long first day at Disney! Seems like she's done very well!

pdrlkr
01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Awww...No Mickey love from Sammie...You guys are certainly on the go. Very impressive!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the report

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 07:58 AM
sounds like a great rest of the day!!! your little girl is definitely a trooper..i know i would of been tired by the end of this day..lol..:mickey:
off to read more!!

January-2007
02-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: