PDA

View Full Version : January 4-13 with Photos

Altair
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
One advantage to driving is being more flexible in your planning. When the snow flurries, rain and cold came for Saturday we could just add another day at the end. I already had an extra day figured in, so we were able to skip the parks completly over the weekend. This was good since it was also Marathon Weekend. We found out later that the marathon route goes through the parks even while the parks are open to the public.

All days were cool, but other than Saturday, sunny and clear. No shorts this trip. At AK people were still getting on Kali River Rapids even with temps in the upper 40's.:eek:

I didn' know they still had paper tickets, but for some reason they would not work properly in the turnstiles or FastPass machines and this really slowed down the lines.

We did get to see the monorail Tug. It was in acition at the Epcot staition. It appeared to be hooking up to a monorail that was stopped in the station.

The set got stuck during the Indiana Jones stunt show just before the airplane scene and they could not finish. The show was down for a few days after that.

Also at the Festival of the Lion King there was no princess in the show, only the other three hosts. That was kind of odd.

We did not run into any rude CM's and the guests were not too bad either. Although we could both live with out those tour groups.

Try the turkey sub at the Electric Umbrella, it was great.:eat:

Here are a few of the photos I took. Many are shots other than the ones you always see. And none were taken with a flash.
Check them out: click here
(http://community.webshots.com/album/576371562uuyTWW)
They look best full size, so look for that option near the top

Thanks for looking

SBETigg
01-19-2010, 08:53 PM
You got some great shots! Sounds like a good time, even with the cold. Thanks for reporting!

KylesMom
01-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm glad to hear you were able to extend your trip an extra day & that you had a good time. Sounds awful cold, though!

I didn' know they still had paper tickets, but for some reason they would not work properly in the turnstiles or FastPass machines and this really slowed down the lines.
Our A/P passes have been "paper" for several years in a row - and I do mean several. Once they're very worn, they do slow the lines down. I wonder if they were seasonal, A/P or general tickets which weren't playing well - or all of the above? If you don't stay at a Disney resort with your tickets on your room key, it's my understanding that you'll get the same kevlar-coated tix.

At any rate, I'm happy that your interaction with both guests and CMs were good ones. Thanks for posting! :mickey:

Darbylew
01-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Sounds like ya'll had a great trip. We are going
back in May and we can't wait to get back in the
land of Mickey and the Magic. :mickey:

vizsla
01-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
01-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Awesome vacation!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

faline
01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Yep - those annual passes are definitely made of paper!

I'm really impressed! Excellent photos! What sort of camera are you using?

Altair
01-20-2010, 06:47 PM
What sort of camera are you using?
I use a Canon Rebel XS. You can always find out what camera is used by finding and clicking on words such as "Camera data", or "Photo information". Sometimes you have to also click on "more", but you can get all the details of the shot. It will tell you shutter speed, focal length and usully ISO settings. At Webshots it is along the right side near the bottom. You have to look around a bit to find it on other sites, but it is usually there.:photo:

pdrlkr
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the Report and great Pics! :smickey:

faline
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
I use a Canon Rebel XS. You can always find out what camera is used by finding and clicking on words such as "Camera data", or "Photo information". Sometimes you have to also click on "more", but you can get all the details of the shot. It will tell you shutter speed, focal length and usully ISO settings. At Webshots it is along the right side near the bottom. You have to look around a bit to find it on other sites, but it is usually there.:photo:

Thanks! That's really helpful!

DisneyorBust
01-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks for sharing the great photos! Hope that you had a fantastic vacation!