PDA

View Full Version : Ride Ons

tys_mommy
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed - I did a search but couldn't find my answer - are electric scooters (razor style) or power wheels allowed at fort wilderness?

faline
01-19-2010, 06:31 PM
As far as I know, only golf carts or bicycles (the kind you need to peddle) are allowed as transportation around the campground.

joonyer
01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I believe you can use electric scooters and wheelchairs in the camping loops to go from campsite to comfort stations, for instance, but I don't think they are not allowed on the main roads or cart paths.

Humphrey
03-23-2010, 09:08 PM
My late wife and I went all over the Fort. Her on her little yellow electric scooter and I on the Segway. They are allowed on sidewalks, but not on roads. Never had any problems.

WDWdriver
03-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Power wheels and electric scooters (for kids) are not allowed.

AuntLaura
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
As per WDWdriver - not allowed. Some people still break the rules, hopefully out of ignorance. I've saw a scary incidence of a kid zipping around people in front of Pioneer Hall when it was busy and it was scary. Wished a CM was there to prevent it.

joonyer
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Given the accident that happened at FW this week, parents and kids should be extremely careful when riding scooters or bikes (anywhere not just at FW). This accident apparently happened when the child was crossing the street from a sidewalk or bike path and struck the side of the bus.