PDA

View Full Version : How to inexpensively fill up my MP3 player?

jakeofwildwood
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
My DW and DD purchased an MP3 player as my Christmas gift this year. I have about 450 songs so far from Limewire.

Besides I-tunes, is there some other site out there for we Disneyholics to download free or low fee Disney songs? More specifically, is there a site that has attraction narration?

BMan62
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
My DW and DD purchased an MP3 player as my Christmas gift this year. I have about 450 songs so far from Limewire.

Besides I-tunes, is there some other site out there for we Disneyholics to download free or low fee Disney songs? More specifically, is there a site that has attraction narration?

Hope you have good anti-virus software!!! Limewire is notorious for viruses!!!

DizneyRox
01-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I now refuse to help people with computer problems if I see LimeWire installed on the PC. A friend's PC is dog slow and refuses to remove it, and no amount of anti-virus, anti-malware, etc is doing anthing to remove it. I think he was root-kitted a while back and doesn't want to lose his pictures with a format of the drive.

Oh well, to answer your questions, There's a program called RadioGet that will record Internet streams and tag them for you.

I use an app called PocketTunes to stream Internet radio to my iPhone, and also a program called Orb to stream my music/movies from my PC to my iPhone. If you don't have WiFi or an iPhone, RadioGet might be your best bet.

Also, get rid of LimeWire... There are a number of other technologies that you can try, include the UseNet and even BitTorrent that I would use over LimeWire.

DisneyDog
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Why don't you just go to the public library and check out the CDs.

NotaGeek
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

INTERCOT is about playing by the rules. Getting music without paying for it is currently theft (aka SHARING) which makes it very un-INTERCOT friendly, and against copyright laws. If you would like to PM each other about hints on getting music free, that's fine, but please refrain from any discussion about ripping music without actually owning it on the boards.

PirateLover
01-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I just wanted to say I grew up a part of the "Napster" generation, so I get the temptation, but I'm done with those programs and I stick to iTunes. Back in the day I used many of those programs and I can back up the others- LimeWire is the WORST. You will ruin your computer.

If you are looking for PARK music not found on any Official CDs to Disney's Official releases....Google is your friend.

MegaDisney
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
I have started buying my MP3's from Amazon. They have $5 albums and some of the sales are really good.