PDA

View Full Version : logistics question..

dumbo_buddy
01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
can you walk from TTC to the contemporary?

i ask b/c DH, my 7 month old, and i have ADRs at 8:30 am at chef mickeys on monday (!!!) and afterwards we want to go to MK.

we are coming from POFQ and are taking the car since i don't know how the munchkin will be with the buses.

is it best to park at TTC and then walk to CR? you can walk to MK from there, correct?

also, is the MK parking lot the TTC? can you walk from the parking lot to the park? or is it monorail/ferry only?

thanks!:mickey:

seanyred
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
The Magic Kingdom parking lot is connected to TTC. So to get to Chef Mickeys just hop on the resort Monorail to the Contemporary. To get from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom you can take the Monorail again or this a side walk that connects the resort to the Magic Kingdom.

DizneyRox
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Physically it's possible, but I wouldn't even think of attempting it. I don't know if there are sidewalks from the TTC all the way along the roadway to the Contemporary and that roadway is very dangerous.

If you want to walk, walk onto the ferry (if it's running) and don't sit down during the ride over to MK. Then walk from there over to the Contemporary.

You should be fine to actually park at the Contemporary and then just move your car when you're done.

Yes, the TTC is the MK parking lot. You need to hop on the ferry or the monorail to get to MK if you take a car.

KylesMom
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't know if there are sidewalks from the TTC all the way along the roadway to the Contemporary and that roadway is very dangerous. There aren't. While you can walk from The Magic Kingdom to The Contemporary Resort (and vice-versa), you can't walk from the TTC to the CR.

As suggested, I would park at The Contemporary for your ADR, and then move your car to the TTC after breakfast. It's a really easy drive . . . but there's no way you could walk it. It's just not safe.

also, is the MK parking lot the TTC? can you walk from the parking lot to the park? or is it monorail/ferry only?
To clarify, yes, the TTC is the parking lot for the MK. Transportation includes monorail & ferry, but no walking. There's an awful big lake to cross. :mickey:

dumbo_buddy
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
If you want to walk, walk onto the ferry (if it's running) and don't sit down during the ride over to MK. Then walk from there over to the Contemporary.

excuse my geographic ignorance of WDW, i was just wondering if you could walk in case that was faster, not because i don't want to sit down. i found a map online and i see now why one wouldn't be able to walk from TTC to MK.

looking forward to riding the monorail around!

cfoshe
01-19-2010, 09:18 PM
We went this past December with a 7 month old. Everytime we got on the bus, she fell asleep. The bus ride was not an issue. At night, we would let people go in front of us so we would not have to stand on the bus with her. So drivers instead we get on, and we simply stated not standing with a child.

dumbo_buddy
01-20-2010, 06:37 AM
good to know. we will definitely try the buses, especially since we won't be staying in the parks late. but i'm gladwe'll have the option of the car because DS is not the type to just fall asleep on the bus - he still is tightly swaddled for naps and nighttime!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Looking at Google maps, I believe that the road that connects the TTC and the Contemporary actually has an aqueduct that passes over it, where the road actually sinks underneath the water that connects the Seven Seas Lagoon with Bay Lake, allowing the boats to travel on top of the cars. I imagine it would be like walking through a tunnel, very tight and very scary.