PDA

View Full Version : CRT Dinner

KazysLove Disney
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Is Cinderella at the CRT dinner?

Kim Possible
01-19-2010, 11:50 AM
if i remember correctly she is usually downstairs all the time, then she makes a special apperance while you are eating, then goes back downstairs. but i could be wrong

BigThunderFan
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Unless it has changed since we went in 2008, Cinderella just takes a picture with you downstairs. The characters during the meal are the Fairy Godmother and two mice. And they just come in during a scheduled show which lasts a few minutes so you don't even have time to pose for pictures with them.

KylesMom
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT, KazysLoveDisney!

Actually, the Fairy Godmother hosts the dinnertime meal.

If you're looking for a princess meet and greet, you'll have to attend breakfast or lunch.

KazysLove Disney
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
So she's not there at all?

beksy
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Welcome to Intercot! We just did the dinner a few weeks ago and we met Cinderella on the first floor for pictures and autographs. Then we went upstairs to eat. At the meal it is just the Fairy Godmother and two mice moving very quickly (no time for pictures). Cinderella was not at the actual meal. This is the way it works for lunch and breakfast too, but there are other princesses at the meal for autographs and pictures during those times. We met Cinderella during the meal at the princess breakfast in Norway and I believe she is also at the meal at the 1900 Park Fare dinner.

KazysLove Disney
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank you, Beksy!

TiggerCat
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
For those who have eaten dinner, is it worth the money?

BigThunderFan
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
To me, this is something you should do once. It is magical to go up into the castle and there is a cute show with the Fairy Godmother. That being said, the food is slightly better than average, and I am far from picky. I think if you are paying OOP it is a better deal than using 2 TS on the DDP for sure.

Is it worth it? That is up to you. How much does atmosphere mean to you and your family? Because that is mainly what this meal is.

kathiep
01-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I completely agree with the previous poster. Definately an experience I am glad we did but it was mostly about the experience itself. Food was OK. My DD loved meeting Cinderella. The show was cute. We lucked out and had a fantastic table right at the windows overlooking fantasyland lit up at night. Go and enjoy the experience but don't expect fine dining.

Disney4us2
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM
For those who have eaten dinner, is it worth the money?

We had lunch there, so I don't know about the dinners. Based off of the lunch, I would say for the food... no, It was not bad, just not great. For the experience ..... Yes. If you have a princess with her heart set on going there, I would say yes.

My princess is now 10yo and not into the princesses anymore. If she was younger, I would do it again in a heartbeat. :mickey:

Mickeydream
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
We ate at CRT for my DGD's 7th b'day :princess: in November. It was well worth it for us because this was where she chose for her b'day celebration and all she talked about for weeks before the trip. We received an 8 x 10 photo (incl in price of dinner)taken downstairs in the castle with Cinderella and also a few smaller ones. As someone mentioned, the show is very cute. The Fairy Godmother did not circulate in the room, but the 2 mice did and we have cute pictures of them with the b'day girl. The room is fabulous and the food was good. There was a woman having dinner at the same time that won a night's stay in the castle with 5 of her closest friends! Also, there was a marriage proposal with the guy even down on one knee that night! It was a great time for us. :mickey: