PDA

View Full Version : DP worth it for me?

EpcotFanatic
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
I went last September and it was free and convienent. But had we paid for it, I'm not sure if we would have got our moneys worth.

I think the only time we had breakfast was on our last day. I had taken my GF for the first time, so all she wanted to do was hit the parks in the morning.

Lunch was quick service. In fact, I think most of our dinners were as well. The only 3 table services we used were at Sci Fi Diner, San Angel Inn, and Rose & Crown. 2 of those were for lunch. Most of our dinners were QS back at the hotel before they closed, and we just ate back in the room.

Sci Fi Diner was fun, but it's more for the atmosphere than the food. Rose & Crown was good for Illuminations, but we had a terrible waiter. Food was good, not great. San Angel Inn was great, definetly going again. The Rainforest Cafe was great as well, but that's not covered.

We missed out on some places like Chef Mickeys, Cinderellas Royal Table etc due to us just having too much fun to go eat.

On the last day we burned up a few snack credits at the gift shop for the flight home.

So I guess it's quick service again, San Angel Inn and maybe Rain Forest/T-Rex Cafe.

r4kids
01-18-2010, 09:31 PM
We find as a family with 4 little ones, it is worth it. It gives us down time and a meal "close" and I use that word loosely, to home made. If it were just the two of us then we would not use the meal plan. Especially if we hadn't used our TS meals on a previous trip. I would not pay for OOP yourselves. If you plan to eat a couple of signature meals then get the dining plan and combine your TS's for 2 or 3 signature meals.

SBETigg
01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Doesn't sound like it's worth it for you. If you typically enjoy a TS and a QS per day, then yes. There is the Quick Service plan, but I think you would just break even. It's convenient if you like paying in advance. Otherwise, I would recommend just going with the flow-- no plan.

BigRedDad
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I think it is only worth it if you get the best possible value out of your choices. It takes a lot of planning and maneuvering to do this. If you look at it on paper, you have to get a TS that is about $28 to break even. Most dinners cover that. However, if you use a TS credit for a breakfast, you are surely to lose money.

bruin1344
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
i love the DDP but its not worth it if you dont plan on using the TS.