PDA

View Full Version : Which week for October 2010?

debandbub
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
OK- we've narrowed down the month- just need the week. Two adults, no kids, so no concerns about missing school. Thinking about the week between Columbus Day and Halloween, to minimize crowds. Maybe the 16th to 22nd? Or does anyone think it's better to go mid-week, say a Wednesday to Tuesday?
Thanks for any input! We'd like to decide this week, as we are probably going to rent points to stay at DVC BWV. Thanks!!!!

r4kids
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
We like to go Tuesday to Tuesday.. It is cheaper to fly, your only dealing with one weekend and the crowds tend to be lower. I think the week you've chosen in perfect. Food and Wine festival is going on, the Halloween crowds haven't arrived and the Columbus Day crowds have left. Epcot will be a bit busy but only because of the F&W festival.

LuvDaDuckMost
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Be sure and check for Micky's Not So Scarry Halloween Party. It requires a seperate admission. If it happens upon one of the nights that you are there, the park closes early to all except the ones who have paid and received their arm bands for that night. It is fun for adults even if you don't have children. I've been three times and I'm 52 years young.

SBETigg
01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Midweek for two adults is great. You miss out on weekend crowds. And further from Columbus Day is better. The third week in October would probably be good.

debandbub
01-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. I think we will go mid-week.
LuvDaDuck- we were talking about MNSSHP and really wondering if we would like it, so that's definitely on the idea list- I think I may just need a little more convincing.
We will be making our final plans this weekend, and hopefully renting some points for BWV for easy access to the Food and Wine Fest! :marg:
Thanks again!!