PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Grand Gathering Events

mouse-logic
01-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Were having a GG for 25 in August. Ages range from 1 to 61. It's DW's extended family. Should be fun.

Obviously, it's impossible to do a lot of things as one big group. But, we were hoping to schedule one or two events fireworks, dinner, etc. I've done the official GG events (Illuminations dinner/desert)--but we're not really interested in the Safari Brunch, and other official events. We turned the Fantasmic Dinner & Show into an unofficial GG event one other time. That was fun and we may do it again.

But I'm just looking for other ideas for unofficial large group events. Anyone?

Has anyone tried to arrange a custom event through the VIP services? Anything?

Will they reserve a spot for Wishes? Other thoughts?

faline
01-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Generally, when you make arrangements through Disney for special services - such as a reserved place to watch fireworks - there will be a cost associated with it.

You might try attending Hoop de Doo as a group. That could be really fun!

pixiesmimi
01-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I can't seem to find anything about Grand Gatherings in Info Central. Can you tell me what all is available with a Grand Gathering? We have one coming up in July/Aug.

StitchandMe17
01-24-2010, 08:58 AM
The phone number to speak to a Grand Gatherings representative is 407-934-7639. Our last visit we booked the Good Morning Character Breakfast which is hosted by Tony at Tony's Town Square restaurant in MK. Minnie, Donald, Goofy circulate for pics. At the end, each group gets a pic with Mickey. It was nice. Breakfast is served family style at the table.