PDA

View Full Version : Tommy's Birthday Pre-Trip Report part 1

BigThunderFan
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone, 4 days and counting! We can't wait so I figured what better way to pass the time than with a nice pre-trip report!

Cast: Me (Tommy 32/33)
DW 31
DS 7
DD 3

We are leaving MCI (KC) at 6:35am on Saturday 1/23 so we reserved a cheap room near the airport for Friday night. No reason for any of us to get up any earlier than necessary. Plus we have had some nasty weather this winter and we didn't want to risk it being bad that morning with a 45 min+ drive to the airport in normal conditions. We have a short layover in Atlanta and arrive at MCO at 12:30! ME to WL and hopefully we will have a room available when we arrive. This is our first stay at a deluxe resort and decided to give it a try due to the discount available. No way could we ever afford this normally. After a quick check-in and getting settled/changed, it's off to MK for a relaxing evening. We expect it to be fairly busy so we just plan on hitting a few easy attractions and get in some sights, then off to Liberty Square to catch Spectro and some Pecos Bills while waiting. We'll stay for Wishes but then head out to catch some sleep. Even though the park is open a couple more hours I think we'll all more than be ready for bed!
1/24 Sunday (my birthday!)
It's back to MK for rope drop on Sunday. Hopefully the crowds will stay away until later in the day and we can get in some good ride time! We plan on leaving around 1pm for a short break or pool time. Then it's off to DHS for dinner at H&V and the Fantasmic! package. Afterwards it's back to WL for some more pool time and the Electric Water Pageant. I may head back to MK for EMH and some alone time for my birthday, but that is still up for debate.
1/25 Monday
Today we have an ADR at Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot and then it's off to ride Soarin for the first time! Our DD3 is over 40" this time so we are very excited about getting to ride most everything. Our DS7 is also over 44" this time so now he will be tall enough for the big dogs. Everyone gets to try something new this year! We have lunch at LeCellier and maybe back to the WL for a quick nap. We'll be back in the early evening for some more rides and then Illuminations (another first for all of us).
1/26 Tuesday
It's time for Animal Kingdom today. Our son is very excited to ride EE and our daughter is VERY disappointed she has to miss the "Yeti Ride" as she calls it. Today we'll also have dinner at Boma after the park closes, then it's back to the WL for an early evening and some rest!

I will post the rest of the pre-trip report later. It's off to the Disney Store today for some new shirts for everyone!:mickey:

Fairy Grandmother
01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Your plans sound great. It will be fun to do some new things that your :prince: and :princess: are tall enough for now. Have a great trip! :magic::mickey:

vizsla
01-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Sounds like your all set for a great time. Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday. Have a magical trip.

faline
01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Wilderness Lodge is a terrific resort! Fun plans - can't wait to hear what else you're planning to do!

wdw_bound
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
sounds like a great plan! We'll be going to MK on Saturday too, and can't wait. Here's hoping for great weather!:mickey:

BigThunderFan
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Great weather, and great (as in small)crowds!:thumbsup:

Joannelet
01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow have a great bday! :)
Its a great place to be on your birthday! Enjoy!

princessgirls
01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Sounds wonderful!

I hope you have warm lovely weather!!

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
01-21-2010, 07:47 AM
What a great way to spend your birthday! Have a great vacation!