PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Weekend

r4kids
01-17-2010, 10:40 PM
We are headed down to visit my DS Feb 18-23, off site. The kids have an extra day off and it is before spring break. I have only realized they have the day off due to Pres Day and apparently Daytona 500 is going on. We planned to hit the parks while my DS worked Th, Fr, Mon. Are we crazy? Is it going to be super packed? I had no trouble getting ressies for a few meals we wanted and they were at popular Ohana, Le Cellier, Sci Fi. So will it be horrible or not? Thanks :)

faline
01-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Presidents Day weekend is very busy. I'd expect to have lots of company in the parks.

Tick-Tock
01-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Presidents Day is Feb. 15, so technically you won't be there the holiday weekend. But I've been during that Presidents Day week, and it's quite busy (one year, no restaurant in MK or Epcot was taking walk-ups on the Thurs/Fri after Presidents Day). Besides the restaurants, though, I still thought it was manageable (partly because of longer hours).

r4kids
01-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh, so that may be good. Maybe the crowds will be better than expected. Thank you :)

bruin1344
01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Its very busy that weekend. I would go to the parks early as possible, avoid any parks that have extra magic hours, and try to utilize fast passes as much as you can.

TheRustyScupper
01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
1) President's Week is the 3rd busiest week at WDW.
2) It is right behind Christmas Week and Thanksgiving Week.

r4kids
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
1) President's Week is the 3rd busiest week at WDW.
2) It is right behind Christmas Week and Thanksgiving Week.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :fit::cry: How did I not realize our time frame in visiting? Oh well we'll make the best of it.

Iluvpooh
01-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Things that will make this a busier week
Daytona 500(hey we're already here, let's go to WDW)
Winter Break for Northern States
Super bowl in Florida this year(Hey we're already here, lets go to WDW)
Mardi Gras break for LA and AL
And as usual-It is SOOO Cold here, I know- let's go to WDW while the kids are out of school and enjoy some Florida sunshine!

See ya there! We're part of the Alabama Mardi Gras group!