PDA

View Full Version : Paella in WDW???

GenieOfPA
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know of any restaurants in WDW where I could order paella??? We started making our dining reservations for our upcoming trip in June, and when I was asked where I wanted to eat I said anywhere with paella. But after I thought about it, I wasnt sure I even knew of anywhere that offered it! Can anyone help me?!?! I know that I've had it at the Rainforest Cafe (a local one, not the one in Downtown Disney) but I looked on their dining menu and i didnt even see it. But I was hoping there was somewhere else I could get it. PLEASE HELP ME!!! :eat:

SBETigg
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I've never seen paella on any of the WDW restaurant menus. Not ruling it out, just haven't seen it anywhere. But WDW could use a really good Spanish restaurant. Mmm.

Scar
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
I know that I've had it at the Rainforest Cafe (a local one, not the one in Downtown Disney)Sorry, can't help you out in WDW, but do yourself a favor and take a drive up to Newark and have some real paella

Hammer
01-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Sorry, can't help you out in WDW, but do yourself a favor and take a drive up to Newark and have some real paella

No need to go to Newark; we have Spanish restaurants in the Philadelphia area ;) .

To answer the OP's question, I do not know of any place at WDW that serves a true Paella. If you have a car or willing to take a taxi, go to Celebration and eat at the Columbia Restaurant. I have not eaten at that location, but have eaten at the original in Ybor City and the Clearwater and St. Petersburg locations. Best paella around :number1: !

cather74
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Paella is at Animal Kingdom Rainforest cafe. Never tried it there but good luck to you.:eat:

luvdiznee
01-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Paella is also at Rainforest in DTD. :eat:

RAIDER
01-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Paella is also at Rainforest in DTD. :eat:

I can second that they have it at DTD :thumbsup:

IamBelle
01-18-2010, 07:45 AM
I believe I saw it at the 1900 Park Fair Dinner. They section the food off by countries, and I definitely saw it in the Spain section. Of course, its a buffet, so it might not always be there. I never tried paella, but I heard it is good if you like seafood.

luvdiznee
01-18-2010, 07:52 AM
And even at the F&W Festival. :thumbsup:

GenieOfPA
01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone for your input!!! I'll keep my eyes open while I'm down there and report back if I find anything!

disneyboundagain
01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
OK, I must be the dumm one! What is Paella?

Hammer
01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
OK, I must be the dumm one! What is Paella?

Not dumb at all. Paella is a Spanish rice dish which can be made with seafood (paella de marisco) or a mix of meat and seafood.

As I am half Spanish, I only order paella at a Spanish or Cuban restaurant or when it is made by members of my family. As I am a self-proclaimed paella snob, I'm not going to order it at a chain restaurant like Rainforest Cafe.

Scar
01-18-2010, 01:10 PM
No need to go to Newark; we have Spanish restaurants in the Philadelphia area ;) .Really?!? In Philly? Do they serve it wit or witout Cheez Whiz? ;)

Iluvpooh
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM
My DH ordered it at Bongo's Cuban Cafe' several years ago. I'm not sure if it is still on the menu, but I remember him saying it was pretty good.

JERSEYDISFAN
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
OK, since this seems to have turned into another Jersey thread here's my two cents:

Spanish Tavern in Newark

Malaga in Trenton

And yes, Disney needs to seriously consider adding a Spanish/Portugese restaurant to the WDW mix. Incredible food . . . garlic soup, spanish potatoes, seafood in salsa verde and on and on. . .

big blue and hairy
01-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Columbia Restaurant in Celebration serves paella, although the night I had it it was too salty.

:sulley: