PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner ?

all4djcc
01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
My oldest son turns 13 on Feb 20, which is when we will be arriving in Sunny Florida. I am looking for restaurant suggestions in Disney but outside of the parks. We will be getting in around 5pm on the 20th so we will not be going to any parks. We did T-Rex last year and have been to Rain Forest many times. Again, he is turning 13 so of course we want him to be embarressed when everybody sings Happy Birthday. :D Maybe a resort restaurant or the Boardwalk? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wdw_bound
01-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Whispering C anyon is one of our favorites - and I'm sure if you tell them how "shy" DS is, they will be very discreet - NOT :thumbsup:

The Skillet is great, and the antics and Hijinks will set the tone for the rest of your vacation! Your DS will have a wonderful birthday.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

PalMickey
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
My suggestion for a teenager is a restaurant that is just outside of Universal Studio, this restaurant is the Hard Rock Cafe, on birthday's they asked the person to stand on his chair and they ask everybody in the place to sing happy birthday to the birthday kid.

Pop Centurion
01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Boma at AKL was my Niece's favorite place outside of the parks for her 12th Bday. They didn't sing so no worries about embarrassment. They do give a Bday card that is signed by a bunch of the CM's that says Happy Birthday in each of their languages from different regions of Africa. Pretty cool and educational. They also bring out a special desert.