PDA

View Full Version : Can't Miss Counter Service Restaurants?

bjs6
01-17-2010, 05:52 PM
We will be trying the Counter Service Plan for the first time this year. I realize most counter service restaurants are typically not as memorable as the table service restaurants but what counter service restaurant do you consider your can't miss counter service restaurant?

TiggerCat
01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. Mmmmmmmmmmm Ribs!

TC.

WishingStar2006
01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Columbia House at MK and Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD...yummmmmy

droopy d.
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I have to agree we love flame tree and we will go not on the DDP

HoosierDisneyFan
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
These are our favorites...

DTD
Earl of Sandwich
Wolf Gang Puck Express

MK
Columbia House
Peco Bill

AK
Flame Tree BBQ

DS
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary

EPCOT
Yorkshire County Fish & Chips

merlinmagic4
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK is our only must-do counter service. However, we love it so much I would pass up a table service meal to eat there if I had to make a choice :thumbsup:

retiredfigment
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
When we were at AK in December went to the CS by Yak and Yeti. Food was delicious and we couldn'b believe how much we got.

PalMickey
01-17-2010, 07:52 PM
You have to try the Pepper Market at Coronado Spring , this is one of the restaurant that is the closest to a table service restaurant. It is a 9 minutes bus ride from Disney Studio. We did lunch there and loved it.

Rekenna
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
MK-the old standy Cosmic Ray's-you get a lot of food and vegetables, you don't have to get fries-it's a decent well-rounded meal.

Epcot-Yakitori House in Japan Pavillion. Good food and a nice outside place that is relatively quiet to enjoy your meal.

AK-Flame Tree BBQ, this also has alot of nice outdoor seating with fountains around.

DHS-Backlot Express-another nice spot to eat outside, beware the live animals-they are well trained for french fries!

Enjoy, have fun!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
MK---Cosmic Rays
AK---Yak and Yeti, Pizzafari
Epcot---Sunshine Seasons
HS---Starring Rolls Cafe
DtD---Earl of Sandwich
POR---Riverside Mill

Pop Centurion
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
MK:
Columbia Harbor House

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons
Yorkshire House Fish n Chips

AK:
Flame Tree BBQ

DHS:
Nothing :confused:

DTD:
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich

Alligirl
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
We really enjoy Tangerine Cafe In Epcot Morocco. We Love Columbia Harbor House in MK

Maleficent_vf
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Main Street Bakery at MK (mostly snacks and desserts, but good)
Columbia Harbor House at MK
Earl of Sandwich at DtD
Somerfest at Epcot (Germany)
Yorkshire County Fish Shop at Epcot (UK)

SBETigg
01-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill, Casey's: MK.
FlameTree BBQ: AK
Yakitori House, Cantina de San Angel, Tangierine Cafe, Boulangerie Patisserie: Epcot.

Belster
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
These are our favorites...

DTD
Earl of Sandwich
Wolf Gang Puck Express

MK
Columbia House
Peco Bill

AK
Flame Tree BBQ

DS
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary

EPCOT
Yorkshire County Fish & Chips

Exactly!!:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
01-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. Mmmmmmmmmmm Ribs!

TC.

Columbia House at MK and Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD...yummmmmy

:ditto: :thumbsup: Love the chicken, ribs, bakes beans and cornbread at FT. And the fish and shrimp are really good at Columbia HH. I'm hungry now...... :eat:

d_m_n_n
01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
MK-the old standy Cosmic Ray's-you get a lot of food and vegetables, you don't have to get fries-it's a decent well-rounded meal.

AK-Flame Tree BBQ, this also has alot of nice outdoor seating with fountains around.

Enjoy, have fun!:mickey:

Totally agree with Cosmic Ray's! DSs loved the chicken/ribs combo and mom was happy it was one meal without fries!!!

We ate at FT once many years ago and I can't wait to go back again!!! Yummy yummy ribs

bertmmur
01-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Cosmic Rays at MK - great selection for all in family...and healthier choices than burger and fries.

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot - pretty much for the same reasons. We love this place.

Flametree BBQ at AK - again, not just burger and fries. And the patio here is really nice on a pretty day.

Jeniflower
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Cosmic rays - burgers and Sunny Eclipse
Clombia Harvour House - Chowder is seriously yummy
Flame Tree Barbeque - need I say more

lightyearfan
01-18-2010, 08:50 AM
here go mine and dw's favs

MK:
1. Columbia Harbor
2. Pinochios Village Haus
3. Pecos Bill

DHS:
1.ABC Commicery
2.Toy Story Pizza Planet

Epcot:
1. Electric Umbrella
2. American Pavallion

AK
1.Pizzafari
2.Flame Tree

Victor

PetefromRI
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Ah,my favorite subject,the QSDP.We love this plan.Here are our faves:
MK-Columbia House,Pecos Bills,Cosmic Rays(Chicken&Rib Combo)
Epcot-Yorkshire Fish House,Yakatori House in Japan for sushi,Brats in Germany,Cantina in Mexico
AK-Flametree Barbecue,Pizzafari,Yak&Yeti
DHS-This is a tough one but not impossible-Backlot,ABC Commissary
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express,Earl of Sandwich,Cooks of Dublin
and on top of this you get 2 snacks a day!

PetefromRI
01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
How can I forget the steak dinner at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort!

BriarRose0708
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
The bakery in Norway and the pastry shop in France! You can get sandwiches and amazing desserts at both (my favorite is school bread in Norway and a chocolate coissant in France).

Another vote here for Cosmic Rays and Yak and Yeti! I wish Flametree still had corn bread but otherwise still good BBQ.

Happy Eating!

PrettyMinnie
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I know it has been said, but Columbia Harbor House!!! We went over Memorial Day Weekend and it was HOT and CROWDED but Columbia Harbor House was almost empty. There was only one other family there. The food was great. Also, check out the upper level. There is a great view and it's cooler up there if you are going during the warmer months.

Pecos Bill was another favorite. The atmosphere is very cool inside! Though it was pretty crowded and somewhat difficult to find a table, it was worth it!

We found that there were not many good ones in DHS and ended up eating outside, in the heat, standing at Pizza Planet! So not worth it. The pizza was just okay, and the crowds and screaming were not pleasant. However ABC Commissary was a gem. The food was nothing special but there were very few people in there so there were plenty of tables in the air conditioning.:thumbsup:

Alligirl
01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Hmmm Seems that a lot of people like Flame tree BBQ. I've wanted to try it but since my Brother is a BBQ competition organizer & DD is a certified judge they have always talked me out of it. Maybe I will sneak in on the next trip since it is just me and DH!!

bruin1344
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
MK
Pecos Bill
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Rays

AK
Flametree BBQ

DTD
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich

DHS
nothing sticks out

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
The Land food court
All of the WS Countries

KatrinaJ91
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Ah,my favorite subject,the QSDP.We love this plan.Here are our faves:
MK-Columbia House,Pecos Bills,Cosmic Rays(Chicken&Rib Combo)
Epcot-Yorkshire Fish House,Yakatori House in Japan for sushi,Brats in Germany,Cantina in Mexico
AK-Flametree Barbecue,Pizzafari,Yak&Yeti
DHS-This is a tough one but not impossible-Backlot,ABC Commissary
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express,Earl of Sandwich,Cooks of Dublin
and on top of this you get 2 snacks a day!

I agree with everything you said here. We used this plan last summer and loved it! You won't go hungry, that's for sure. I have a few to add though....

Epcot has TONS of fantastic choices - any of the country's counter service, Sunshine Terrace at The Land is really great too!

If you have kids, Pizza Planet in HS is a good choice as well!

Enjoy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
MK-We like Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
DHS-Starring Rolls
Epcot-UK for fish n chips
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express

Scar
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Epcot
All of the WS Countries

Epcot has TONS of fantastic choices - any of the country's counter service, ...:ditto: I havn't eaten at all of them, but most... never been disappointed and usually very pleased.

kathiep
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
On our last trip, we had 2 stand-outs....Yakitori House and Tangerine Cafe. Fantastic food at both!!

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2010, 08:34 PM
I've been happily surprised at many of the CS places in WDW.
Not miss places for us:
Caseys in MK
Columbia Harbour House in MK
Sunshine Seasons Epcot
Tangerine cafe, Epcot
Flame Tree AK
Wolfgang Express DTD
Enjoy!

brownie
01-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Backlot Express has been a can't miss for us. We love the theming and have always enjoyed the food.

Rhetoric2000
01-20-2010, 05:38 AM
AK: Flame Tree, Anandapur Cafes (Yak and Yeti), Pizzafari (IE Anywhere other than Restaurantosaurus).

MK: Casey's, Columbia Harbor House,

DHS: Nowhere (Backlot Express is best of a bad lot)

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons

Downtown: Earl of Sandwich, Cooke's of Dublin.

Imagineer1981
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Columbia Harbor House in MK is our only must-do counter service. However, we love it so much I would pass up a table service meal to eat there if I had to make a choice :thumbsup:

Totally agree, don't know what it is, but it is a total must do