PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite pool for a 2 year old??

Bubbie Girl
01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
For those of you who have traveled to WDW with a little one before which resort do you think has the best pool for the smallest Disney visitors??? :babyroll:

BigRedDad
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Any pool with a kids area is great. I only remember Pop Century because it is the only one I was at with a 2yo. They have Goofy's water squirting fountains. They also have a kid area next to the main pool with fun fountains.

Any pool with Zero Entry is good too. I know AKL has one, but not sure of others.

TiggerCat
01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I have to agree with BigRedDad, any Resort that has a kiddie pool or "kid friendly" area is perfect.

TC.

BigThunderFan
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Any pool with a kids area is great. I only remember Pop Century because it is the only one I was at with a 2yo. They have Goofy's water squirting fountains. They also have a kid area next to the main pool with fun fountains.

Any pool with Zero Entry is good too. I know AKL has one, but not sure of others.

I agree with Pop Century, great kiddie pool area. :thumbsup:

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Pop century gets my vote. My kids love the splash fountain and pool at pop century!!

Rekenna
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Pop Century does have a nice kiddie pool. Something my boys liked, not at a resort, is Donald's Boat in Toontown at MK, this is a nice cooldown on hot days. Just have a change of clothes ready, a sippy cup and a shaded stroller. Snoozeville on the way after that romp!:mickey:

Figaro
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Never been to Pop, but working at WL, There's a small kiddie pool. FW has one, also. BLT has a zero-entry and a splash pad. The zero entry can double as a shallow play area if you keep an eye on your child. I've had to make a rescue before for a lil one who wandered in over their head...

wdwnutz
01-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Our DS is 3 1/2 and he loved Caribbean Beach's kiddie pool.

PetefromRI
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Goofy's pool at Pop is great but the kiddie pool there is really nice with beautiful palmtrees surrounding it as I recall.

javamama
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
The Poly was great w/our 2.5 year old last year and even when she was 1.5 the year before. She love the sprinklers too, and playing in the sand as well. I think all kids just love playing in the pool when it's a warm, sunny day. I like the fact that the Poly's is a zero depth when you walk in, I think most are(we stayed at the the WL and parts of that one were too but she was a baby then) My kids are water babies so they love the pool, and kind of pool.

scootch713
01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
A zero entry is key... poly, WL, not sure who else has one. Zero entry is where you walk into it like going into an ocean.

Pirate Granny
01-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Zero entry pools are nice for little ones...but you have to keep a close eye, as the younger ones don't realize that it keeps getting deeper, and older kids charging (YES CHARGING) in sometime don't watch out for the little ones.
For my favorite...it's definately POP...it has that rubberized floor surface in and around the tot pool area...the other ALL STAR resorts are cement pools and cement areas...along with both POR and FQ...now, I haven't seen the new tot-pool at CBR...so that may also have the rubberized surface. I didn't check out the CSR; and I do believe that the WL has a cement pool also...
:pirate:

Spaceship Tigger
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Our DS is 3 1/2 and he loved Caribbean Beach's kiddie pool.

I thought the CB pool was great. It has the shallow pirate ship area that's gated off so you don't have to worry about them running out of the area.