PDA

View Full Version : Planning trip for May, is this possible on arrival day?

darth daddy
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in vacation planning or dinning. I'm in the process of planning a trip in early May:cloud9:. I will be arriving at the airport at 10:25am. I was able to make a lunch reservation at Le Cellier fo 12:25pm. I have always wanted to try this restaurant becuase of all the great reviews I have heard. My arrival day also coinsides with our 10th year anniversary and I thought this would be a great place to celebrate. Do you think that I will be able to get from the airport to POP Century on the Magical Express bus, check-in at the hotel and then make it to the ADR on time? Thanks

Strmchsr
01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
I would say there's almost 0% chance of you making it on time with DME. If you do a town car like Quicksilver or rent a car you might make it, but that would be pushing it. Usually with DME from wheels down until arrival at the resort it's close to 90 min then you would have to check in, wait for the bus to take you to epcot, walk to Le Cellier, etc. Even with a town car I doubt you would make it on time.

faline
01-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with Chris - not much chance that you would be able to accomplish this within two hours of landing.

DizneyRox
01-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I know a few people who were at a park 1 hour after arrival, however I would not plan anything within three hours of touchdown.

WIth all the cost cutting, staffing at both the airport and the resorts (and the parks) is on the low side, so lines are longer overall.

A towncar/limo is your only hope, but my money is on the line at Pop being the deciding factor.

darth daddy
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I figured it would be a long shot. I will keep checking to see if I can get a later ADR.

bruin1344
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I would keep reservation for now since its no extra cost. See if you can get a later reservation. If not, book another restaurant but still keep Lecellier reservation.

Disney4us2
01-18-2010, 01:32 PM
We take the red eye and land at 6:30am. Last trip we had ADR for LeCellier at 12:00 and made it fine. I was still worried though. You never know if there will be any airline delays, ME delays etc. I keep trying for a later time. Have fun and Happy Anniversary