PDA

View Full Version : First time with an infant... help!

Stitch's Mommy
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Need advice from the seasoned Disney parents out there. The first week of February, we will be at Poly :party:

Hubby and I have been to the World several times in the past few years. Our five year old went for the first time a little over a year ago. But this will be our 8 mo old daughter's first trip... and our first time flying with an infant.

I have considered a variety of options regarding Miss C's baby formula... Garden Grocer, etc... and it seems like the least stressful option is to carry a can of powdered formula in my carry-on. But for some reason, I have this vision of TSA agents confiscating the big metal can. Has anyone out there traveled with a full-sized metal can of formula? I have found a lot of info online about flying with pre-mixed liquid formula, but pretty much nothing about flying with a can of powder.

My second big question is in regards to the Pack-n-Play that will be provided at Poly. Can anyone tell me if this will be a standard Graco PNP? I was thinking of putting down a receiving blanket over the PNP "mattress," then putting down my own PNP sheet over that. I don't usually do this at home, but I have no idea what level of cleanliness to expect!

I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

LittleRoosMommy
01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I haven't flown with infant formula since TSA has gotten more strict with guidelines. I can tell you that I forgot and left DDs sippy cups filled with milk when we went through security last month. All they did was have me step to the side with them and open each cup. They held a test strip over the top of each cup to see if there was anything illegal in them. Very painless.

As for the pack-n-play, I do believe they are the standard size. I remember brining my own sheets for them when we stayed at both the BC, BWI, & WL. They were very clean, but being a mom, I brought clorox wipes and wiped EVERYTHING down! LOL I also used my own sheets and blankets for it as well.

I hope you have a great time on your upcoming trip!!

Rekenna
01-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi! I've never taken formula, but I think what they are really looking for is liquids, so the powder should be okay.

As for the PNP, we have used the Disney ones twice with no problem. Just check it out and bring blankies with you.

Have fun!:mickey:

Joannelet
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
we brought our own sheets for the PNP also and yes they are standard size. I usually wipe the sides down with some sort of wipe or disinfectant. I'm sure the Disney sheets are fine, I just didn't want the baby to have skin issues as I didn't know what they wash their laundry in. I'm sure its not dreft or any allergen free detergent like I use.

I don't know about the formula because we drive so I'm sorry I can't help you out with that.

eandrsmom
01-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I have taken powdered formula with no problems, but this was before all of the flying restrictions. I'd put it in your checked bags. Last year, I did take our favorite brand of coffee in our checked luggage and had no problems. Garden Grocer is awesome! We used them for the first time last year, and will use them again. Not having to carry baby food, diapers, wipes, and formula was great! Also, we got a case of bottled water delivered. It was much cheaper than buying it at the resorts.