PDA

View Full Version : Just Back 1/9/10 - Brief Comments

GreenBeetle
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Just got back last Saturday (1/9/10) after what the weather people in Florida called "the coldest week in Orlando in a decade!!". Since I am a manic planner, I would normally have had several breakdowns on this trip - not only due to the extreme cold (we're from Pennsylvania, we can take it), but the crowds were bigger than I expected causing long waits for rides, we spent an unexpected day in the hospital with my daughter (possible food poisoning . . . more on that one later) and a few restaurants we were excited to try for the first time just didn't excite us. I'm proud to report, no breakdowns because what kept me happy through the trials and tribulations of this trip was the absolutely fabulous Kidani Village and all the animals that seemed completely unphased by the un-Florida-like weather! My spectacular 900+ photos of giraffes, zebras, elands, ostrich, cattle and beautiful birds more than make up for our other disappointments!! I never want to stay anyplace else now. :cloud9: Another plus, Disney kept ALL their Christmas decorations up EVERYWHERE the entire week we were there! I think it was too cold for them to work outside to take them down. :yay: (Sometimes it's the little things that make the difference.)

I'll post more details - including Dining Reviews - and hopefully some photos - soon. :mickey:

poohspal
01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi!

I am looking forward to reading more and seeing pictures. I am sorry about the negatives of the trip (especially the hospital trip). I am glad she recovered quickly. I think it's great that you have chosen to remain positive.

Hope to see more soon

Liz

faline
01-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Goodness - a trip to the hospital is not a very fun vacation activity! Sounds like you got some great animal views!

KylesMom
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
While it sounds like a few things (including the weather) didn't go your way, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed Kidani Village so much. It really must have been something! :thumbsup: Hope your daughter is fully recovered . . . it's awful that a visit to the hospital was necessary. :(

Looking forward to more trip details! :mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
01-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports! I'm sorry about your daughter... I hope she is feeling much better now!

vizsla
01-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Looking forward to reading your reports.